How to stop multimedia scanning on HDD models?

7" capacitive, $199 for 8GB, $249 for 250GB (with free shipping), HDMI output, webcam...
itm
Archos User
Archos User

How to stop multimedia scanning on HDD models?

Post by itm »

Is there any way to stop an Archos 70 HDD model from scanning the multimedia library? I've put a file called .nomedia in my Music folder but it still insists on scanning it every reboot.
paulus3476
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Re: How to stop multimedia scanning on HDD models?

Post by paulus3476 »

Without rooting the device, I don't believe it's possible - that said, it should only take a few seconds to run the scan as it will stop once it reads the .nomedia file
itm
Archos User
Archos User

Post by itm »

paulus3476 wrote:Without rooting the device, I don't believe it's possible - that said, it should only take a few seconds to run the scan as it will stop once it reads the .nomedia file
That's the problem - the scan isn't stopping when it reads the .nomedia file. This file is in the root of the Music folder but it's still scanning all of the subfolders in the Music folder.
How could the scan be stopped if the device was rooted?
paulus3476
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by paulus3476 »

You would disable the mediascanner with Titanium backup - but as root is difficult with the Archos, .nomedia is the simplest way to go and should work. What would happen is that any media previously scanned into the library would dissappear - you would have an empty library. If this is what you want, then .nomedia should do it, make sure it is spelled correctly, go into settings and reset the media library.
viking

Post by viking »

There is a nomedia manager app i use from studiokuma.
a101g9 a70g8 an10g2 sg42 sg5 voy115
itm
Archos User
Archos User

Post by itm »

viking wrote:There is a nomedia manager app i use from studiokuma.
I have it installed. When I open it it displays a blank screen. I thought maybe it only worked for SD cards (i.e. not HDDs)?

Return to “Archos 70 Internet Tablet”