Initial charging - how long?

7" capacitive, $199 for 8GB, $249 for 250GB (with free shipping), HDMI output, webcam...
sjsbc09
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Initial charging - how long?

Post by sjsbc09 »

I bought my first tablet (Archos 70 internet 250gb) yesterday. The user guide says to plug it in and leave it until the green light starts flashing, I waited 21 hours but still just the solid light. Researched it on the internet and it appears the device should have switched itself on when I plugged in the charger - it didn't! I've now unplugged it and when I re-plugged it in the device come on with the 'welcome' screen and start up wizard. I haven't done anything with/to it, it sits there with the screen on and a solid green light - no flashing. I've really been looking forward to getting it and using it but I'm trying to follow the guide i.e. wait until it's fully charged before doing anything. My question is... how much longer to I have to wait? Is there anyway I can check how far charged the battery is? I'm a complete novice with this stuff so any advice would be greatfully received but please remember I'm just a novice!
Many thanks :cry:
frank
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Re: Initial charging - how long?

Post by frank »

21 hours is 4 or 5 times as long as it should need... Just power it on and go thru the setup. There's a battery indicator on the homescreen once you're done setting up.
A70 8gb Urukdroid 1.6
Nexus 7

Return to “Archos 70 Internet Tablet”