When will it work properly?

7" capacitive, $199 for 8GB, $249 for 250GB (with free shipping), HDMI output, webcam...
crastard
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

When will it work properly?

Post by crastard »

I got my 2 sons the Archos 70it for Christmas They charged quickly and could put on various apps ie iplayer, facebook, kindle etc.

I was pretty impressed with them and not very subtly hinted to my OH that I wanted one for my Christmas.

He managed to get 1 from cpw just before Christmas but got the 70b it. It took 24 hours to charge! and I can't put the apps I want onto it (my device is not supported). I know the new one is released tomorrow. What's the likelihood of a software update so at least I can use the thing properly?
paulus3476
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Re: When will it work properly?

Post by paulus3476 »

In case you aren't aware, this device is not officially available yet, retailers have been selling them unwittingly, it would seem. That said, I have one also, it upgraded to the current firmware 2.4.8.1 from Archos.com without any issue and appslib installed and works, as does the official android market ( with the help of arctools from appslib )
The firmware required is specifically for A70b, and not the general gen 8 firmware for the 'old' A70IT. The only thing we are waiting for is the firmware to upgrade this device to the 'honeycomb' operating system and bump up the devices cpu speed to the promised 1.2ghz - this will be nice when it comes, but the device still works great as it is. Hope this helps. Paul
deet
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Re: When will it work properly?

Post by deet »

@Crastard

In the meantime you could sideload the apps you want from one of your kid's 70s.

Don.
A80S-V5(T1) OMAP4460 ES.1.1

Return to “Archos 70 Internet Tablet”