Composite video output from Archos 70?

7" capacitive, $199 for 8GB, $249 for 250GB (with free shipping), HDMI output, webcam...
itm
Archos User
Archos User

Composite video output from Archos 70?

Post by itm »

I'm thinking about buying an Archos 70 Internet Tablet, which only has HDMI output, but I want to be able to playback video in hotel rooms in Europe, many of which still don't have HDMI connections. I was hoping that this sort of accessory might do the trick?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HDMI-3RCA-AV- ... 562wt_1139
paulus3476
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Re: Composite video output from Archos 70?

Post by paulus3476 »

Simple answer is 'maybe'. In theory it should,but I have tried solutions similar to this in the past without success. Look around for an HDFury - if you can find one at affordable price, they do work.
itm
Archos User
Archos User

Post by itm »

I've searched for HDFury but they seem to convert to VGA/Component, not composite (analog) is that correct?
btrcp2000
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by btrcp2000 »

I just bought an a70 and one of these:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0047P ... 00_details

but have not received either yet. I will be able to let you know whether they work together in the back of a minivan entertaining children, but unfortunately I will not be helpful with European hotels!
btrcp2000
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by btrcp2000 »

received the amazon converter last night, worked perfectly with a traditional dvd player using hdmi. Only thing I had to do was make sure the dvd player was outputting stereo sound and not 5.1. Now I need to figure out how to power it in the car. No a70 yet, hopefully today, but it occurs to me now I don't have an hdmi cable for it yet either

Return to “Archos 70 Internet Tablet”