video playback issue

7" capacitive, $199 for 8GB, $249 for 250GB (with free shipping), HDMI output, webcam...
Tonninods
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

video playback issue

Post by Tonninods »

i'm having issues with video playback, it plays for like 20/30 seconds and then stops, the screen turns black and nothing functions. The only thing that helps is when you press the sleep button and then it returns to the video menu. I tried to install another player and the only difference is that it does not give me a black screen but instead the video pauses every 20 or so seconds. if anyone has the solution i would very much appreciate as i watch a lot on media on my tablet.
socalpimp
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Re: video playback issue

Post by socalpimp »

what kind of video? basic xvids from torrents or 720p mkv files?
blurpasta
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by blurpasta »

i have the same problem as you, mine is rmvb format but i'm getting the same result for avi format too. it happens after i upgrade firmware to 2.3.26, there's was no such problem when i was using 2.1.08.

My temp. solution is to reboot or exit the player and log in again. It's getting quite irritating as the video will hang every 10mins or so... Please resolve it asap.
Tonninods
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by Tonninods »

Actually it does not matter in what format it is applicable to all video. Also i have noticed that lately the device discharges very rapid as if it does not go into sleep mode. I have also noticed that video can now be resumed, not sure if it was an option before. Anyway this issue has rendered my device useles because not only can i not watch videos but i need to keep my device plugged in to the power. I charged it last night and this morning the battery was drained, it looked like it was keeping on resarting itself. I think this all started after the new firmware realese, furthermore i have tried to go back one earlier and it did not help.
jguy60
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by jguy60 »

I'm having problems, too. Since I did a FW upgrade. I posted this under a different topic, but this seems more applicable.

My A70 8G works great except it won't play the videos I had on my SD card. They played before, but now I get a kind of wavyness & then the screen will turn green & back again. They are avi files I converted with DVDFab.

The weird part is the demo and Big Buck videos play just fine.

Any ideas?
JGuy60

Return to “Archos 70 Internet Tablet”