Appslib icon missing

7" capacitive, $199 for 8GB, $249 for 250GB (with free shipping), HDMI output, webcam...
pstafford
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Appslib icon missing

Post by pstafford »

I have managed to delete the Appslib icon

How do I restore this ?

Paul
slimthumb
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Re: Appslib icon missing

Post by slimthumb »

Press the launcher icon on the home screen (the icon with many little squares)
Many apps icons show up
Find the Appslib icon (you can scroll through the pages)
Long-press ("press and hold") on the Appslib icon -> now you see the apps screen disappears and the home screen ghosting in
You can move the Appslib icon around the hazy home screen. When you find the right place, let your finger go and a new Appslib shortcut icon is placed onto the home screen.

I think you really need to brush up on the Android basics:

Android 2.2 user guide
pstafford
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by pstafford »

My apologies, i should have been clearer - the icon has disappeared from the home screen.

I need to find how to reinstall it

Paul
slimthumb
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by slimthumb »

The icon on the home screen is only a shortcut (like the shortcuts in Windows). If you have installed Appslib, you should still find it when you press the "launcher" button to reach the launcher menu. What I showed you is to put a shortcut of the Appslib app on the home screen, so that you don't have to go to the launcher screen to run the app. Putting a shortcut on the home screen does not mean "reinstalling".

Did you follow my instruction and get a new Appslib icon back onto the home screen? There are actually several ways to put icons on the home screen.

If you cannot find Appslib in the launcher screen, that means you have unintentionally deleted the app (which I find unlikey for a newbie like you, since the uninstall process makes you press an "uninstall" button, which would have alerted you that you are about to delete the app.

If you really have uninstalled the app, you must go to Android Market and install it again.
Tommo
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by Tommo »

To pstafford:Did you ever get this sorted? I fully understand what you are trying to get across, as I have the same problem. To the previous reply, no I haven't uninstalled the appslib accidently. I had to do a full system restore on my 70, after first backing up my personal content. When I restarted the device one of the apps that did not show up was the appslib one. Surely this is the most important one? I am awaiting a reply from Archos, so I will post on here if successful.
pstafford
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by pstafford »

I am pleased I am not alone !

I did manage to sort it. You can just download it from the browser here:
http://appslib.com/download/index.html

This fixed the problem and seems to be working fine since.

Good luck,

Paul
Tommo
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by Tommo »

Thanks for such a speedy reply. Downloaded with no problem. I can now go to Appslib. and get back to playing Paper Toss! :lol:

Return to “Archos 70 Internet Tablet”