Video files keep getting deleted off HD

7" capacitive, $199 for 8GB, $249 for 250GB (with free shipping), HDMI output, webcam...
axdavies
Archos User
Archos User

Video files keep getting deleted off HD

Post by axdavies »

I have the Archos 70 250gb with the latest firmware (before today) 2.1.3, have the Market hack v5 Final installed and my video files keep getting deleted. First time it was over 120 gb then the 2nd time it was 80 gb and then 10 gb. Anyone else experiencing this problem?
blurpasta
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Re: Video files keep getting deleted off HD

Post by blurpasta »

i'm having the same problem as you, the only solution now is to create a .nomedia file in your video folder to prevent the updating of multimedia files everytime you unmount your device from the pc. However, this means that your bookmark and resume function will stop working on your video as the device thinks that the video is not a multimedia file.

I have reported this case to archos, am still waiting for their reply. Meanwhile i have to live without the bookmark and resume function which is quite a nuisance sometimes when i have to search bk where is the last time i end my movies at.
Airedale
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Re: Video files keep getting deleted off HD

Post by Airedale »

The same problem exists for the A70 without the hard drive.

http://forum.archosfans.com/viewtopic.p ... he+sd+card

I reported this to Archos on December 3rd and their solution was to reset the A70 back to factory settings, deleting all my apps in the process. That didn't help. The latest firmware doesn't help either.

Adding the .nomedia file helps, but doesn't completely eliminate the problem. I have a .nomedia file on my micro SD card and I lost 16 .mp4 files yesterday. That's an improvement. Before having the .nomedia file I was losing ALL of the jpg and mp4 files on my micro SD every couple of days.

I'm just not going to use the USB cable anymore. I'm just going to upload/download files to my web server through FTP.

It's a pain in the butt but not as bad as wondering what files will be missing.

Return to “Archos 70 Internet Tablet”