Beware of latest Kindle update

7" capacitive, $199 for 8GB, $249 for 250GB (with free shipping), HDMI output, webcam...
Crispeto
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Beware of latest Kindle update

Post by Crispeto »

Last night I updated my Kindle software on my Archos 70 to 2.01. Now it force closes everytime I open it. I read the latest comments section and the only ones having issues are Archos 70 users. I wish I could downgrade my Kindle software. Anyway, just beware.
aznmode
Archos User
Archos User

Re: Beware of latest Kindle update

Post by aznmode »

I started a post about this too but deleted mine. It looks like this has been reported numerous time but its like a few pages behind but I didn't bother searching. Doing a search I found about 3 threads with this same issue with the new kindle update. But yup..new kindle update no longer works.
rick43065
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Re: Beware of latest Kindle update - Me Too

Post by rick43065 »

Same issue here. I am running the updated 2.0.71 (Android 2.2.1) on Archos 70. Kindle was working yesterday with this OS then today- It's gone.
I tried usual reboots/ and uninstall/reinstall with similar issues.
rick43065
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by rick43065 »

Setting date back is a good work around, but only temporary. Doing this AFFECTS all system. I change it back when reading and then revert to automatically changing date when closing the book. Perhaps changing the date will affect how whispersync works if reading on multiple devices, or downloading books after the reverted date?

Sent message to Amazon Kindle. I strongly suggest everyone that has this problem reports the error. In this way it will elevate the priority. I don't want this to fall into an empty hole for all those Kindles that will be opened on Christmas!

Happy Holidays to all.

R.
kenyu73
Archos User
Archos User

Post by kenyu73 »

Looks like they recently released a patch for it... specifically for the out-of-memory crash.... its working fine now.
rick43065
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by rick43065 »

Kindle Update worked for me.

If need to update use Android Market: Downloads then click on update.

R.
chumnutzly
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by chumnutzly »

I just got my kindle app for the first time off the market today, and it is still force-closing. So some people are still having issues, apparently.
does anyone know where i can get the latest version that is confirmed to work on the archos?
solpuerto
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by solpuerto »

Hi

I updated my Kindle App yesterday and was unable to use it as it hung and I had to reboot. This morning I deleted it and re-installed and it is working OK. Market says it is version 2.0.2. Noticed version 2.0.0 says it has enabled "Move to SD Card". There is nothing in the App to move to SD and when I use one of the Apps to SD it only moves it to internal storage.
Is there a facility within the Archos 70/Android Froyo to move anything to SD card? What I have on my SD card I have moved when connected to my PC.
I do not mean moving files about, I mean the apps that supposedly can be moved to SD.
Interestingly Kindle says latest version is 2.0.1 !!!!!
protoism
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by protoism »

had the problem of FC with kindle.app i downloaded yesterday - there was an update available this morning and thats fixed the problem! for me!

Return to “Archos 70 Internet Tablet”