Reliable offline navigation on the Archos

7" capacitive, $199 for 8GB, $249 for 250GB (with free shipping), HDMI output, webcam...
toniolol
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Re: Using NDrive with bluetooth GPS

Post by toniolol »

Hi,
I try NDrive and Sygic Aura but I can't have full speak instructions on both.
It started speak and didn't continue.
I'm on Froyo.

Do you have the same issue ?
Archos 70 IT - iPhone 3GS
paulus3476
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by paulus3476 »

yes,its not just you - there are issues with some and maybe all the current satnav apps
elmerohueso
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by elmerohueso »

I'm actually looking forward to the announced Google Maps 5.0 for vector based 3D maps and offline caching. Then we won't have to worry about the other navigation apps.
elmerohueso
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by elmerohueso »

elmerohueso wrote:I'm actually looking forward to the announced Google Maps 5.0 for vector based 3D maps and offline caching. Then we won't have to worry about the other navigation apps.
It looks like Google didn't embed any address data in their maps, so even though the map can be cached for offline use, you can only search for addresses or directions if you have an Internet connection. Caching is a step in the right direction, but it's still far from being good for offline navigation.
I'm still searching for a good offline navigation app for the Archos. Aura and Ndrive both have issues with not finishing sentences and Copilot has audio popping, garbled screen issues if rotated or minimized, and freezes randomly.
Has anyone found a good offline navigation solution for the Archos yet?
paulus3476
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Re: Reliable offline navigation on the Archos

Post by paulus3476 »

How about Navdroid - I've had it on my A5 for a while now but only used it once -I recall it worked ok

Return to “Archos 70 Internet Tablet”