Cases for Archos 101 & 70

Discuss the best USB, Bluetooth, WiFi (etc..) accessories and peripherals
TMR
Archos Novice
Archos Novice
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:51 pm

Re: Cases for Archos 101 & 70

Post by TMR »

Hi All,

This link http://www.newmp3technology.com has a BUTT load of REAL gear for Archos.

It is in Sydney Australia but seem to ship anywhere.

Just paid $39.99 USD for this PERFECT 101 case.

http://www.newmp3technology.com/a101case.htm

Cheers

TMR
Fortuneteller
Archos Novice
Archos Novice
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2010 4:41 am

Re: Cases for Archos 101 & 70

Post by Fortuneteller »

Well i received my case from:

http://www.noreve.com/product_info.php?products_id=2425

although it is a nice, well decent case it is not worth the $80.00 includes shipping I think. I wanted a case that was designed for my 101, if there were more out there I would have went with them, only because of the cost.....If you don't mind paying the expense this is a nice case, durable, leather, has a area to hold business cards.....ooooooooooooo.

So in my humble opinion, if you cant wait and have the money this is a decent case, if you can wait, get something cheaper.
scottw714
Archos Novice
Archos Novice
Posts: 46
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:57 am

Re: Cases for Archos 101 & 70

Post by scottw714 »

I have found three cases that I really like, but price on 2 is a little high.

1) E-volve Tuff-Shell, generic hard case for 10" notebooks. 18 Euro or about $23
http://www.i-nique.com/detail.asp/cn=6/ ... 5205264721

Image


2) Noreve leather case made for Archos 101. 60 Euro or about $78
http://www.noreve.com/brand/Archos/prod ... ition.html

Image

3) Tuff-Luv Tri-Axis
Brown Leather 60 Euro or about $78
Black Leather 40 Euro or about $52
Black Vinyl 27 Euro or about $35

http://www.i-nique.com/

Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
spaceghost7777
Archos User
Archos User
Posts: 70
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:48 pm
Location: Ny, USA

Re: Cases for Archos 101 & 70

Post by spaceghost7777 »

TMR wrote:Hi All,

This link http://www.newmp3technology.com has a BUTT load of REAL gear for Archos.

It is in Sydney Australia but seem to ship anywhere.

Just paid $39.99 USD for this PERFECT 101 case.

http://www.newmp3technology.com/a101case.htm

Cheers

TMR


How long did it take for you to receive this case to the U.S. after you ordered it?
bthoven
Archos Novice
Archos Novice
Posts: 26
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2010 3:34 am

Re: Cases for Archos 101 & 70

Post by bthoven »

Just order and receive this one super cheap US$5.26 (shipping included).

http://www.aliexpress.com/product-fm/37 ... alers.html

Wow!. It perfectly fits Archos 70!. Its only drawback is the elastic band covers the charging port ; but it is manageable.

You can fold it to the back too.

Very fast shipment! Highly recommended!

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Don't find from other sellers, this place offers you the cheapest of its kind!
spatch
Archos Novice
Archos Novice
Posts: 15
Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:30 am

Re: Cases for Archos 101 & 70

Post by spatch »

spatch wrote:I may post an update when the official case arrives from Amazon in a week or so, but I expect that one'll be the pick of the bunch.


So my official Archos case FINALLY arrived from Amazon, and it truly is a thing of beauty. It's the slipcase originally designed for the Archos 7 Home Tablet, and it fits the 70 like a glove:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003SE6I7O/ref=oss_product

The case is made from a soft leather and is padded for extra protection, and the inside is lined with a soft material to keep the screen scratch-free. It is open at both ends, and there is a ribbon inside that holds the device in place when you slide it in from either end.

I cannot speak highly enough of the quality of this sleeve-style case. It's a really clever design and is exactly what I was looking for. I am thrilled with my purchase.
spatch
Archos Novice
Archos Novice
Posts: 15
Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:30 am

Re: Cases for Archos 101 & 70

Post by spatch »

bthoven wrote:Don't find from other sellers, this place offers you the cheapest of its kind!


This is exactly the same case I eventually received from notorious scam-site iOffer, and was called the "Leather case for apad 7 inch tablet PC" on that site.

I agree that one of the major drawbacks of this case is that one of the elastic bands covers the USB port, or in my case it covers the volume rocker. Not a big deal, but not ideal either.

I did find that after about 2 weeks of daily use, some of the corner elastics started to stretch or warp a bit -- not enough to stop holding the Archos 70 8GB in place, but enough to notice it. I also found it a bit fiddly to get in, as usually one of the corners would pop out when I was trying to affix another corner. I like to use the Archos unimpeded by a cae, but if you're happy to leave it in there all the time, this case would be perfect for you.

It also comes in multiple colours, and I got the one with the red trim. It's a nice case and I would recommend it for those looking to keep their Archos in a case all the time.
bthoven
Archos Novice
Archos Novice
Posts: 26
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2010 3:34 am

Re: Cases for Archos 101 & 70

Post by bthoven »

spatch wrote:
bthoven wrote:Don't find from other sellers, this place offers you the cheapest of its kind!


This is exactly the same case I eventually received from notorious scam-site iOffer, and was called the "Leather case for apad 7 inch tablet PC" on that site.

I agree that one of the major drawbacks of this case is that one of the elastic bands covers the USB port, or in my case it covers the volume rocker. Not a big deal, but not ideal either.

I did find that after about 2 weeks of daily use, some of the corner elastics started to stretch or warp a bit -- not enough to stop holding the Archos 70 8GB in place, but enough to notice it. I also found it a bit fiddly to get in, as usually one of the corners would pop out when I was trying to affix another corner. I like to use the Archos unimpeded by a cae, but if you're happy to leave it in there all the time, this case would be perfect for you.

It also comes in multiple colours, and I got the one with the red trim. It's a nice case and I would recommend it for those looking to keep their Archos in a case all the time.



This case won't block usb port, it partly block volume button and charging port. Elastic strap can be pushed away a bit to allow charging pin going through; and we can push the volume button over the elastic strap without problem. Agreed with you that this case is good to keep Archos 70 in without taking out frequently.
spatch
Archos Novice
Archos Novice
Posts: 15
Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:30 am

Re: Cases for Archos 101 & 70

Post by spatch »

TMR wrote:This link http://www.newmp3technology.com has a BUTT load of REAL gear for Archos. It is in Sydney Australia but seem to ship anywhere.


This is really exciting news for me. As an Australian Archos fan, I have struggled for years to find decent, inexpensive accessories. There are some other Aussie online retailers selling Archos gear (like minidisc.com.au) but to date the prices have been outrageous. Therefore a lot of items have been purchased from the US, and although the prices are pretty reasonable, the shipping charges can be monstrous. For example, I once paid $24 in shipping for a $9.99-priced item!!! What the..?!?

NewMP3Technology sent me an email reminder a few weeks ago advising that their Archos 70 8GB case with stand was available, and now there appears to be a glut of accessories on offer. Good stuff, I say!

I think these guys are going to get a chunk of my salary...
scott2gas
Archos Novice
Archos Novice
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:48 pm

Re: Cases for Archos 101 & 70

Post by scott2gas »

For my Archos 70 (250gb) i bought the: [url]apad 7 tablet android lether case keyboard[/url] from Ebay for $26. The case has a built in usb keyboard for it too, but you will need a micro/standard usb adapter to use it. It has a stand too which is nice. Overall the case is a little too big for the archos 70. As you can see, the top brace is not holding it in place. However, it still fits in well enough that it's not going to go anywhere. I consider it a Great buy!
Image
Image
Image
Image
bsoplinger
Archos Guru
Archos Guru
Posts: 302
Joined: Sat Dec 25, 2010 8:37 am

Re: Cases for Archos 101 & 70

Post by bsoplinger »

scott2gas wrote:For my Archos 70 (250gb) i bought the: [url]apad 7 tablet android lether case keyboard[/url] from Ebay for $26.

I hate the 10" version for my 101. Got it from the site mentioned in the thread over on the 101 subforum. I picked up the 7" version at the same time thinking I might be getting the 70 at some point. Both are made the same way. Those clips or hooks are just cheap metal covered with vinyl. This means with a bit of car they can be bent to provide a better fit. You probably can 'adjust' those clips to get a better fit.
101luva
Archos User
Archos User
Posts: 110
Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:53 am

Re: Cases for Archos 101 & 70

Post by 101luva »

That is really one of the nicest, classiest cases I've ever seen for the 101. =D>
I already got a pretty nice case from newmp3technology with the USB keyboard and so far, I like it a lot. The keyboard works flawlessly and everything folds up nice and secure when I'm done.
Still, I really like the looks and simplicity of this one very much and it will be nice to switch it up every once in a while.
Thanks for the tip, Foxman.
Last edited by 101luva on Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
101luva
Archos User
Archos User
Posts: 110
Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:53 am

Re: Cases for Archos 101 & 70

Post by 101luva »

Fortuneteller wrote:Well i received my case from:

http://www.noreve.com/product_info.php?products_id=2425

although it is a nice, well decent case it is not worth the $80.00 includes shipping I think. I wanted a case that was designed for my 101, if there were more out there I would have went with them, only because of the cost.....If you don't mind paying the expense this is a nice case, durable, leather, has a area to hold business cards.....ooooooooooooo.

So in my humble opinion, if you cant wait and have the money this is a decent case, if you can wait, get something cheaper.



I appreciate your honest opinion, as this was on my radar as a future possibility. It's still in contention, but I won't rush it now.
skullkandy
Archos Novice
Archos Novice
Posts: 26
Joined: Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:49 pm

Re: Cases for Archos 101 & 70

Post by skullkandy »

zagg has one of their invasibleshield kits for the 101.

they also have one for the 7 home, not sure if that would fit the 70 because i have yet to see either in person. if anyone knows if the 7 home and 70 are the same dimensions please let me know.
archos2011
Archos Novice
Archos Novice
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Jan 02, 2011 6:46 am

Re: Cases for Archos 101 & 70

Post by archos2011 »

Very happy!!!
Just got the Original Archos Leather Case for my Archos 101
also including 1 screen protector !
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... RK:MESE:IT
good! :D
orph
Archos Novice
Archos Novice
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:11 pm

Re: Cases for Archos 101 & 70

Post by orph »

warning about ordering a tuff-luv case from i-nique.com.... VERY long wait time. Expect over a month before delivery, no tracking. They blame it on the weather.

heads up.
5th Horseman
Archos Novice
Archos Novice
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 4:45 pm

Re: Cases for Archos 101 & 70

Post by 5th Horseman »

hi!
received the tri axis leather case for the archos 70 from i-nique yesterday. very nice quality and fits well
ordered it on 20 jan so took about 12 days.
cheers!
5th
Waxwrong
Archos Novice
Archos Novice
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:35 am

Re: Cases for Archos 101 & 70

Post by Waxwrong »

Hi, I am new here but have been looking around for 101 cases and read what you have posted and have a few comments.

The first is that newmp3 is not Australian (as I am) but is based in North Carolina in the USA.
I live in Thailand and the site said it was in Thailand. It tends to be wherever you are but does have the goodies for Archos.
A good site is tuff-luv.com in the UK but postage is slow.
There are other sites but using ebay is about the easiest (where I learn't about tuff-luv), of course there is always Amazon but shipping is expensive for overseas buyers.
Sometimes it helps to be American because there a lot of sites but they don't ship overseas.

I purchased a case from ebay germany today and within hours I got an email to say it had been sent - see how long it takes to arrive.

I am getting in early by the way because my 101 hasn't arrived yet. Got it in the US and it can take awhile to arrive sometimes ( except Amazon who are very quick but you pay for
it - 1 item I purchased on a Monday and got it on Friday)

Happy hunting and nice to be among you all.
Waxwrong
Archos Novice
Archos Novice
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:35 am

Re: Cases for Archos 101 & 70

Post by Waxwrong »

I forgot to say the tri-axis case from tuff-luv looks the best for design and functionality.

Waxy
jaymo1978
Archos Novice
Archos Novice
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:17 pm

Re: Cases for Archos 101 & 70

Post by jaymo1978 »

I have this case below too, but no adaptor has made it work on my Archos 70 Internet Tablet (Gen8).......the search continues!!! Anyone know a psychic, i'd like to find out if I ever will???


Image
Post Reply

Return to “Gen8 Accessories”