Spam Posts - ALL MEMBERS PLEASE READ

Improve this forum and the http://archosfans.com blog
Divx
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Re: Spam Posts - ALL MEMBERS PLEASE READ

Post by Divx »

jhnsmith978 wrote:How can we come to know that its spam post or what?
Is there any identification for this??

There's usually a link in their post to elsewhere on the net where you'll 'win' something or they'll be promoting some *amazing* product etc.

They're using discussion forums to advertise for free, basically. They're a menace; the dregs of the internet.
CORKY
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by CORKY »

New member as of 10 minutes ago! Glad to see there are people out there that don't like to mess with this kind of crap! Glad I joined up.
Eagle2a
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by Eagle2a »

Even with the advice from this thread, I had to look 3 or 4 times before I *finally* saw the tiny ! button to report a spam post. Is there any way to make it more prominent/obvious?
understeel
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by understeel »

First timer here, it is true if you didnÔÇÖt mention the spam button, I wouldnÔÇÖt have seen it now that is a plus in by book.
roylovelock

Post by roylovelock »

Hi peeps
We get a lot of reports now THANKYOU!!!
Spam is still a major headache on a forum of this size so keep up the good work.

WE are getting a lot of spam at the mo from people selling ugg shoes and the usual buy one iphone get another free, rule of thumb if theysay god bless or have an "we are a well established company in xxx" or " we are a well known company in xxx" they are con artists - hit that report button.

Another prolific spammer is Aiseesoft dvd ripper, ive never heard of anyone saying a good thing about this software, i also assume its badware as if you google it all you get is thier SPAM posts return.
they do try to look more professional but they are still a constant pain in my backside - hit the report button.
so searches show well by web spiders

Aiseesoft are spammers
Aiseesoft are spammers

hopefully that will index well with the web spiders, if they didnt spam so much i wouldnt have done it.
roy
COYI
q6dci
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by q6dci »

thanks for the advice... brothers... this is good for us to be aware...
roylovelock

Post by roylovelock »

ok,
spam has got pathetic of late, they really are the dumbest people ive ever came accross.

they have even posted on this thread a number of times now with thier crapware.
What im proposing to start is a big thread on NAME AND SHAME the crapware - our forum is always within the top 10 in google searches for archos product, now if we could get the crapware also in the top ten as well it may warn more people off being conned by these people and hopefully hurt thier sales enough they may stop (i wish), if they search they would land on that thread with Scamware as the headers, what do you think?. even 1 lost rip off in my books is a result.....
they really are that stupid.
roy
COYI
bobvilla
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by bobvilla »

I just hope you don't get the any press is good press attitude. It is worth a shot.
AllenPapapetrou
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by AllenPapapetrou »

Sounds like a good idea Roy!

Allen
-An old geek 8)
5IT|A70S|A101
LuciferTengu
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by LuciferTengu »

Hmmm... I put "Aiseesoft" into a search engine and right below their website was download.cnet.com. Maybe if we all give it a bad rating... :badgrin: And say that you've used it because you saw so many ads, :roll: that would look credible. Or say that it, ruined you system... Oh the ideas... :idea: :badgrin: :idea: :badgrin:

Lets go on the [passive] offensive with the spamming companies
-LT

Return to “about ArchosFans.com”