Archos 43 User experience poor due to touchscreen behaviour

4.3", $219 for 16GB, HDMI output, HD camcorder...
marcel
Archos User
Archos User
Posts: 104
Joined: Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:57 pm

Re: Archos 43 User experience poor due to touchscreen behavi

Post by marcel »

sorry,
I've got the samsung galaxy s wifi 5.0. the new (relatively) 5inch model for £135, I got it because it was WAY cheaper than normal! now it's £180+, so as I said, a bargain!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-Galaxy- ... 635&sr=8-2

have a look at the last image, it shows a phone next to it, that's my image.

marcel
molecom
Archos Novice
Archos Novice
Posts: 32
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:58 pm
Location: Amsterdam

Re: Archos 43 User experience poor due to touchscreen behavi

Post by molecom »

marcel wrote:sorry,
I've got the samsung galaxy s wifi 5.0. the new (relatively) 5inch model for £135, I got it because it was WAY cheaper than normal! now it's £180+, so as I said, a bargain!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-Galaxy- ... 635&sr=8-2

have a look at the last image, it shows a phone next to it, that's my image.

marcel
The Galaxy S is very different from the Galaxy 4/5
julian67
Archos Expert
Archos Expert
Posts: 218
Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:33 pm

Re: Archos 43 User experience poor due to touchscreen behavi

Post by julian67 »

And whether it's an S or a 5, this apparently uniquely low price for an 8GB device was still £50 more than the 16GB A43IT (which is £85 as anyone can see), and is 158% more expensive than the Archos. My point was that it's meaningless to take product A and complain that its hardware isn't as good as product B which cost 150% or 200% or 300% more.
molecom
Archos Novice
Archos Novice
Posts: 32
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:58 pm
Location: Amsterdam

Re: Archos 43 User experience poor due to touchscreen behavi

Post by molecom »

julian67 wrote:And whether it's an S or a 5, this apparently uniquely low price for an 8GB device was still £50 more than the 16GB A43IT (which is £85 as anyone can see), and is 158% more expensive than the Archos. My point was that it's meaningless to take product A and complain that its hardware isn't as good as product B which cost 150% or 200% or 300% more.
Right.

Well maybe they will release an fw update. I suppose the Urukdroid solves all of the problems.My Nokia 5800 had touch screen problems too, also has a resistive screen which is now better then the A43IT screen. But they where solved by an fw update.As I said before The screen is way to sensitive.

I have more problems with the fact that the camera is bad. I use it to scan my books and CD's into a database.

Btw the Galaxy S you can get with a 4 or 5 inch screen.
GeoD
Archos Expert
Archos Expert
Posts: 242
Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:03 am

Re: Archos 43 User experience poor due to touchscreen behavi

Post by GeoD »

You guys in Europe must be getting price gouged. The A43IT is going for $199.99 US. The current price for the SGP 4.0 is $199.99 US. So at the moment the products are equal in cost (at least in the United States).

If you need a kick stand and HDMI out then I would suggest the A43IT. You will also need a stylus (fair warning).

If you desire a crisp clear picture and vibrant colors, Gingerbread OS, GPS, Capacitive screen, a 3.2mp auto focus camera (barcode scanner apps work very well with this camera), and a few other features I didn't mention then I would suggest going with the SGP 4.0 or spend a little more money and get the 5.0 and get twice the battery life and a larger screen. The 5.0's screen isn't a crisp as the 4.0 but it still looks much better than the A43IT's screen.
molecom
Archos Novice
Archos Novice
Posts: 32
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:58 pm
Location: Amsterdam

Re: Archos 43 User experience poor due to touchscreen behavi

Post by molecom »

GeoD wrote:You guys in Europe must be getting price gouged. The A43IT is going for $199.99 US. The current price for the SGP 4.0 is $199.99 US. So at the moment the products are equal in cost (at least in the United States).
We pay 16% tax and our Ôé¼1,- equals $1.30[/quote]
If you need a kick stand and HDMI out then I would suggest the A43IT. You will also need a stylus (fair warning).

If you desire a crisp clear picture and vibrant colors, Gingerbread OS, GPS, Capacitive screen, a 3.2mp auto focus camera (barcode scanner apps work very well with this camera), and a few other features I didn't mention then I would suggest going with the SGP 4.0 or spend a little more money and get the 5.0 and get twice the battery life and a larger screen. The 5.0's screen isn't a crisp as the 4.0 but it still looks much better than the A43IT's screen.
The camera isn't very good. Because it doesn't has a autofocus.
I had better results with a cheap Android powered phone I had. Every low price LG phone have a capacitive screen. I am going for the cheap Alcatel OT-990 which is Ôé¼89,95 ($117,-) or at sales Ôé¼69,95 ($92) Just waiting for the price to drop again.
You get:
http://www.alcatelonetouch.com/global-e ... t-990.html
With an option upgrade to Gingerbread.I'll keep the A43IT if I need a bigger screen then the OT-990's 3.5"
Post Reply

Return to “Archos 43 Internet Tablet”