My Archos won't turn on..

4.3", $219 for 16GB, HDMI output, HD camcorder...
Icelandic
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

My Archos won't turn on..

Post by Icelandic »

Hi,

I have my tablet now for 4 months. There are not so many problems, the screen works well, fast ect. But there is one thing why I start to hate it. Sometimes my tablet turns into a deep sleep, sometimes I can turn it on again but now I can't turn it on anymore... I tried a the tips on the forum but I can't turn it on.. The small green light turns on for like 2 seconds then it's over. Connecting with the computer doesnn't help(green light stays blinking all the time, makes no connection)..
Tomorrow I return it to the shop where I bought it. I probably won't be able to say that I would like to have a ipod touch in stead of an Archos 43. But I quess a new Archos 43 also won't help because I think it will have the same problem.
Can someone help me? What can I do with the Archos can I get my trust back for this tablet?
GeoD
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

Re: My Archos won't turn on..

Post by GeoD »

Icelandic wrote: What can I do with the Archos can I get my trust back for this tablet?
LOL!!! You very funny guy!! LOL!!

The A43IT is a mediocre device at best. Full of bugs and the user has to deal with many work arounds just to have a half decent experience with it. Unfortunatley, last year it was the only PMP/MP3 player available in a pocketable size. At least now there are some other options. The other day I was fortunate to try out a Samsung Galaxy 5" player. Let me tell ya buddy...Archos can not even compete with Samsung. It is everything the Archos 43IT isn't. Unfortunately, I had to stop playing and go Xmas shopping for the wifey. If you want to stick to an Android device you should look into one of the Samsung Galaxy players. They offer a 4" ($199.99) and 5" ($239.99) model. My only gripe is the Galaxy players do not have a HDMI out port. But, it makes up for that in many many other ways. Checkout Samsung's website. I will be picking one up shortly after the holidays.
jinx100
Archos User
Archos User

Post by jinx100 »

That's the sad truth - any electronic toy is old and mediocre after a year. But I'll hold on to my A43 for another year to get an even better gizmo.

My 43 did fail to wake up from deep sleep a few times but it has been perfect lately. I did revert back to 2.4.19 firmware but I am not sure if that helped or not. If you've tried all the usual tricks, maybe it is going flaky, sorry.
exelletor
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by exelletor »

There is also Cowon Plenue Z2 coming, may be it's interesting for some 43IT users?
CrunchyDoodle
Archos User
Archos User

Post by CrunchyDoodle »

Sounds like a dead battery. I suggest just plug it in and leave it for some time.

Bye. 8)
Icelandic wrote:Hi,

I have my tablet now for 4 months. There are not so many problems, the screen works well, fast ect. But there is one thing why I start to hate it. Sometimes my tablet turns into a deep sleep, sometimes I can turn it on again but now I can't turn it on anymore... I tried a the tips on the forum but I can't turn it on.. The small green light turns on for like 2 seconds then it's over. Connecting with the computer doesnn't help(green light stays blinking all the time, makes no connection)..
Tomorrow I return it to the shop where I bought it. I probably won't be able to say that I would like to have a ipod touch in stead of an Archos 43. But I quess a new Archos 43 also won't help because I think it will have the same problem.
Can someone help me? What can I do with the Archos can I get my trust back for this tablet?
tmc
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by tmc »

Sometimes there's no explanation for the failure to reset. The hard-reset is you hold the power button for about 30secs and you should see the light blink, then you release and press again (maybe 1 or 2 times) to turn it back on.. that is assuming the battery isnt' fully discharged. Obviously if you try this a couple of time & see no blinking light it's a dead battery or a dead device (ugh!). Though, I would try a combination of charging for 6-12 hours & resets over a couple of days to make sure.

Return to “Archos 43 Internet Tablet”