Version 2.3.26 how's it treating you?

General Gen8 Archos Tablet discussions
beerunner
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Version 2.3.26 how's it treating you?

Post by beerunner »

The bug report thread seems to be functioning as a place to vent as well as report bugs, which I understand; if I had the issues that IÔÇÖve read about IÔÇÖd be bothered too.

BUT, I havenÔÇÖt, everything seems to be function well, other then resetting the multimedia library (3 days after installing Version 2.3.26 so IÔÇÖm not it was related to the update) there are no more bugs then before the up date. So I was wondering how many users on the board never had a an issue and if have then where are you at with them.

This is my first attempt a launching a pole on this board, if thereÔÇÖs something that should be changed that would improve it let me know.
Last edited by Harfainx on Sat Apr 30, 2011 2:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed Poll - Sorry, still broken
MarcusMarcus
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Re: Version 2.3.26 how's it treating you?

Post by MarcusMarcus »

FYI, Poles don't work on this forum.
Archos 70S
Samsung GalaxyS WiFi 5.0
glowcohen
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

Post by glowcohen »

2.3.26 fixed problems I'd been experiencing with Pandora, and the Wordoid game.
A5IT | A101 | G9 80
Vespernova7
Archos User
Archos User

Post by Vespernova7 »

everything works better as long as I remember to turn on the airplane mood before turning off the a70. I think it has something to do with the wifi. Flac is not supported in the video play but works in the music player
davidbec
Archos User
Archos User

Post by davidbec »

Works like a charm.

Nothing but the keyboard bothering me.
Greg_e
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by Greg_e »

Fixed an audio issue I had, broke BlueTooth connections if I turn the BT receiver off or move out of range. need to unpair and re-pair to get it back again. I haven't touched any other features or loaded any apps because too many things seem to break.

Wish I could go back to 2.0.71.
Farsquidge
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by Farsquidge »

Everything apart from VPN works fine for me after performing a Full reinit from 'Settings/Repair & formatting' (you lose everything back to a default device) but for a hassle free life, its worth a bit of time re-installing.
605Wi, A5IMT, A5IT, A7o 8GB:2.4.82
ashram
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

Post by ashram »

fixed constant freezing, but has the constant lack of screen sensitivity.... randomly, about 9.6" of the 10.1" screen will not respond to touch at all!
nunoR
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by nunoR »

Farsquidge, do you use Titanium Backup? If so is it working fine for you after the Full reinit? because for me after 2.3.20 TB stopped working :s
Harfainx

Post by Harfainx »

I use Titanium Backup, and haven't had any problems with the newest firmware. Restored all my apps and data just fine after my last format/firmware update.
glowcohen
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

Post by glowcohen »

Harfainx wrote:I use Titanium Backup, and haven't had any problems with the newest firmware. Restored all my apps and data just fine after my last format/firmware update.
So, you must still have root? Some folks with Archangel root lost it.
A5IT | A101 | G9 80
ray1234
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by ray1234 »

Farsquidge wrote:Everything apart from VPN works fine for me after performing a Full reinit from 'Settings/Repair & formatting' (you lose everything back to a default device) but for a hassle free life, its worth a bit of time re-installing.
VPN works for me, you just can't enable PPTP encryption. This PPTP encryption is an Android bug rather than an Archos bug, I've read that even the 3.0 xoom has this problem.
ms07.guf
Archos User
Archos User

Post by ms07.guf »

1) I lost root with ARCHANGEL
2) Flash player do not work like before ( it is not fluid view)
3) Battery charge light blink at 99% . WIth old FW charged at 100%
4) USB to connect to my PC sometimes need a reboot to work
5) some application do not work ( tiger SNES)

..... I have to test more this week,but I'm realy disappointed !
I installed after a full format of Android, so my situation was clean befor installing.

bye
Earlybath
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by Earlybath »

I have the A70 250GB model, while I also support my wife's A70 8GB and daughter's A110 16GB.

Only the A110 has shown any problems with the new firmware...it occasionally force-closes when switching tracks in the music player. It's probably a matter of rebuilding the multimedia list or somesuch but my daughter's decided to just move her music onto her Android phone instead.

On the other two devices the only real difference I've noticed is that Fring now works (which is nice because I work away a lot) and we have an additional YouTube app.
blurpasta
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by blurpasta »

I'm getting quite irritated with the new firmware, got the archos 250gb for viewing movies but since the new update to 2.3.26, my video playback is hanging every 10mins. this has not been a problem with the old 2.1.08 fw. I hope archos can resolve it asap as this device is becoming redundant to me since i can't watch a proper movie at peace.
jaydh
Archos User
Archos User

Post by jaydh »

This is the first FW that has caused me problems, which are below, I spose it was only a matter of time...

Apps are hanging for about a minute or two, mostly Zeam and dolphin.
Tethering is taking a very long time to connect.
Generally it is working slowly.
Crashes more frequently.
cutterjohn
Archos User
Archos User

Post by cutterjohn »

Incredibly sluggish launcher screen repainting on rotations or anything else that triggers a launcher screen repaint. i.e. notification bar & backgrounds come right back, but widgets and shortcut icons take quite a while to be repainted. (1st appeared with 2.3.26 and didn't happen in 2.0.71 -> 2.1.08 -> 2.3.20)

Strange WiFi problems as in Tune In Radio Pro will get stuck at "buffering 0%", yet stopping the stream then disconnect/reconnect wifi and restart stream works (will not restart unless I disconnect/reconnect wifi though or kill Tune In Radio completely and restart it). Since it was working in prior fw w/o problems I'm giving Tune In Radio a pass on a sw bug and pointing the finger at 2.3.26 which is where it first started occurring...
A32 IT | A43IT 16GB
ricec
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by ricec »

ms07.guf wrote:1) I lost root with ARCHANGEL
2) Flash player do not work like before ( it is not fluid view)
3) Battery charge light blink at 99% . WIth old FW charged at 100%
4) USB to connect to my PC sometimes need a reboot to work
5) some application do not work ( tiger SNES)

..... I have to test more this week,but I'm realy disappointed !
I installed after a full format of Android, so my situation was clean befor installing.

bye
These are my issues as well, i'm extremely disappointed, I wish i would not have upgraded, sevral apps no longer work or force closing. i have not seen a 100% charge since the update... rooting is a big issue too., many other units comes rooted and will connect adhoc. its such that i'm conidering change to another type tablet not archos. this is crazy!
ms07.guf
Archos User
Archos User

Post by ms07.guf »

Hy
I received an e-mail from ARCHOS to my report bugs.
They say they are working to release a fix to our bugs.

........I need as soon as possible a temporary root !

Return to “General Archos Gen8: Archos 28, 32, 43, 70 and 101 Internet Tablets”