new firmware 2.3.26 - report bugs here

General Gen8 Archos Tablet discussions
macgyver40
Archos User
Archos User

Re: new firmware 2.3.26 - report bugs here

Post by macgyver40 »

I had the white screen issue for the first 10 minutes but now it seems to be gone only thing that changed was uninstalled slacker for pandora and sleep works fine now. Had issues with angry birds seasons but rio works. Going to reboot and test the games again maybe install slacker and see if the ehite screen comes back.
A70IT S firmware 2.3.81
fuschiahedgehog
Archos User
Archos User

Post by fuschiahedgehog »

Update went fine. Had to force a restart twice because everything froze up, and then had to 'forget' and re-enter wifi access points, but after that, no problems so far. Pandora works again!
A70IT-8GB(2.3.26); A43-16GB(2.1.08)
gottahavit
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by gottahavit »

Every time I let my device sit for 5 min it won't turn on and then eventually rebooted itself.happenned 4 time in an hour
warlock257
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by warlock257 »

the last firmware was a big step down for me.
When I installed 2.3.20, Perfect viewer started crashing when I opening a comic. When I rotated the screen, it would freeze for a few seconds, then reboot itself. This morning (before the update) it got stuck in a reboot loop, and I didn't notice for a few hours. It was actually hot to the touch!!

Now with 2.3.26, Perfect viewer is still crashing, but everything else seems ok, so far.
gottahavit
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by gottahavit »

warlock257 wrote:the last firmware was a big step down for me.
When I installed 2.3.20, Perfect viewer started crashing when I opening a comic. When I rotated the screen, it would freeze for a few seconds, then reboot itself. This morning (before the update) it got stuck in a reboot loop, and I didn't notice for a few hours. It was actually hot to the touch!!

Now with 2.3.26, Perfect viewer is still crashing, but everything else seems ok, so far.

I gave up on perfect viewer and AVC a while ago and have been happy with JJ Comic view ever since.
ArchosAngel
Archos User
Archos User

Wake from sleep at screen brightness < 14% still not working

Post by ArchosAngel »

Come on Archos,

This is something that has not been fixed in the last 3 Firmware versions.

For those that do not know about this, if the screen brightness is fixed to a level of less than approx 14% (often done at night to save battery power and reduce screen brightness), when you push the power button (short press) to wake from normal or deep sleep, often it will not wake properly. You may have to push the power button up to 10 times or more before it powers up properly to the Password Unlock login screen (when enabled).

While the problem is easily worked-around by keeping the manual brightness > 15%, when Archos IT Tablet owners first discover this it looks like a potential hardware problem, and creates a very bad impression - until they are able to find reference in this forum to the problem and how to work around it. This can take a while, or worse still, the owner may not find this reference here at all, in which case they will likely think they have a faulty tablet, or that the tablet is lower quality than it actually is.

Thanks though for releasing the last two firmware updates Archos, this is appreciated. It is good to see the firmware updates coming again.
Last edited by ArchosAngel on Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
warlock257
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by warlock257 »

gottahavit wrote:
warlock257 wrote:the last firmware was a big step down for me.

I gave up on perfect viewer and AVC a while ago and have been happy with JJ Comic view ever since.

I'll give JJ a try
These firmware updates seems to be eliminating my comics programs one by one. ACV was good at first, then stopped, now Perfect viewer stopped working.
sw6lee
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by sw6lee »

WTH?? I just had the white screen issue again..
It always happens when you press the power button for sleep but forgot to do something on it and wake the tablet on right after. Have to wait at least a few minutes??

They didn't even fix the issue :evil:
sw6lee
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by sw6lee »

And now this is kind of funny..
The screen went white and I was furiously typing the comment about this issue still present, and after like 20 seconds, home screen popped up..
jiyong
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

Post by jiyong »

viking wrote:
miketheman wrote:Also it isn't on the Apps lib - I got it from a .APK on the net

What we really need is what archos promised and continues to promise - fully supported Flash that doesn't need you to click on a little flash icon to enable each time.

Flash 10.2 is on marketplace. If you mean the icon on browser, that has nothing to do with flash development. Just set the browser option to auto play plugins without waiting for consent. In fact review other settings of browser etc for goofy defaults - that is an eternal part of software writer culture to pick dumb defaults, which you will want to override. BTW, flash approval is said to be in Adobe's hands, not Archos.

In my opinion having the default set to on-demand makes a lot of sense for devices with a CPU like the Archos gen 8. It's relatively easy to push the Archos to its limits with a couple of Flash objects.

I also have the feeling that the performance of Flash actually slightly dropped with this firmware. But it could also be that I have been playing too much with my LG 2X, which has the dual core Tegra 2. The current version of Flash is also optimized for multi core and is silky smooth on the LG 2X.
Trapper70
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by Trapper70 »

I got a little game (Guns'n'Glory) which always stuck with the prior firmware (2.3.20). Now after the update, everything runs fine. Also with FW 2.3.20, my Multimedia DB got corrupted. After upgrade and rebuild, everything is fine now. Thanks Archos. =D>

One little thing:
The screen rotation is (still) horrible slow on my 43IT :cry:
PLEASE Archos, with the next FW, can you please focus on this.
ms07.guf
Archos User
Archos User

Post by ms07.guf »

Please Archos develpment group

if you will patch the FW with a 2.3.xx new version to fix bugs , I hope you will include the FULL SCREEN option mode like in the A5IT

it is realy realy usefull for everyones.

thank you in advance
strangert
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by strangert »

The biggest and most annoying "bug" for me so far is that a lot of aps on market doesn't show anymore.
And yes i have tried the standard guide.

Anyone have a fix for this!?
Ominous
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by Ominous »

I've waited 'till they fix some problems reported here on previous firmware and updated this time OTA.
It took a few minutes to download update, 3 minutes to install and everything works just fine.

screen rotation has 2-3s delay which is normal for my device.
I have A70s-V7 board.

One thing that I've noticed just now is that I'm missing PocketCloud.
Board A70S-v7+8GB Class2 w~7mb/s
mvl
Archos User
Archos User

Post by mvl »

Installed the update OTA last night on the Archos 43.

I had to restart twice to see my Amazon apps and Google Market apps, but otherwise everything seems fine.

- App performance is improved, and the 43's resistive keyboard is a bit more reliable.
- Wifi works fine for me.
- Angry Birds (appslib) & Seasons (Google Market) & Rio (Amazon Market) all work fine.
- Pandora, gmail, calendar, contacts, AKnotes, and Opera Mobile work fine. The Opera Mini 5 server was down since before the update so I can't test it.

I'll test Razr2 tether later today.
7thSeal
Archos User
Archos User

Post by 7thSeal »

strangert wrote:The biggest and most annoying "bug" for me so far is that a lot of aps on market doesn't show anymore.

This has nothing to do with archos, they don't offer market
lukecaveman
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by lukecaveman »

strangert wrote:The biggest and most annoying "bug" for me so far is that a lot of aps on market doesn't show anymore.

I installed arctools again... for i uninstalled it BEFORE the update. So i installed it again.
Then i choose "default" blabla, downloaded and installed it, and was told to reboot. Then with me also, the market wouldnt show up.
i just opened arctools again and chose "install apps" again. After the next reboot it was there again and working fine.
StttG
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by StttG »

After firmware 2.3.20 my device still cannot connect to any wifi network automatically. Am I only one with this problem?
nochedelmono
Archos User
Archos User

Post by nochedelmono »

Took the plunge last night from 2.1.04 - I was probably the only one in the world still on this firmware - and did a full system reset/usb transfer. No problems at all upgrading my 101 to the new firmware. Here are my observations:
1) The device is definitely much zippier and apps run much more smoothly. I really notice this on Thumbkeyboard which before the update often failed to register about 20% of keystrokes when typing quickly.
2) The new Youtube app works well but is a bit slow to load the videos. Seems to buffer more than the market Youtube app.
3) The screen rotation is definitely a bit slower but not really an issue (mine is nowhere near the 10 second delay reported by others).
4) I do not have (and have never had) any of the wifi connection, sleep issues that others have seen. In fact device connects to wifi MUCH more quickly than before.
5) I did get one fc when I was reinstalling a bunch of apps after the update but I probably pushed things too far. In normal use I have not had any fc's.
6) Just an unverified observation but battery life seems about the same as 2.1.04. I have noticed before that after a firmware update it often takes a couple of charge/drain cycles for the battery life to normalize.
7) Flash on the browser (I use Dolphin HD) works the same as it did before.
8) My biggest disappointment is that the system reset changed my swap to 64mb from 32mb. In prior firmwares only an android (vs. system) reset would increase the swap. Too bad as I would have much preferred this space for apps.
rscheller
Archos User
Archos User

Post by rscheller »

StttG wrote:After firmware 2.3.20 my device still cannot connect to any wifi network automatically. Am I only one with this problem?

Make sure you're updated to 2.3.26... 2.3.20 had some known WiFi issues.

Return to “General Archos Gen8: Archos 28, 32, 43, 70 and 101 Internet Tablets”