TUff-Luv: A warning...

General Gen8 Archos Tablet discussions
GeorgeStark
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

TUff-Luv: A warning...

Post by GeorgeStark »

Just want to share (and get off my chest, if I'm being completely honest :) ) my experiences of Tuff-Luv who are a UK based company retailing cases/covers/screen protectors for various handheld devices, including the Archos 70IT.

At the moment, they seem to be one of the very few companies who actually have a case for the 70IT and from all accounts, they're well made, and good value for money. I watched the estimated stock date for 3 of their 70IT cases lengthen over time before finally ordering their 'saddleback' leather case on 4th March - the estimated date for stock at the time I ordered was 23rd March. :x

On the 21st March, the stock date changed to 28th March and a couple of days later, it changed again to 5th April. First of all, previous attempts to contact these guys on their telephone line had proved unsuccessfull (I guess that should have been the first alarm bell); when you call their number it simply rings and rings, before advising you to leave a message...to date, nobody has returned any of the messages I've left this way. That's if you're lucky...try calling them around 4pm UK time and you'll get the message that their offices are closed, straight after the message which states they're open until 5pm. This is particularly frustrating. :evil:

Another thing...why would they advertise something as being available on a certain date when it seems they knew full well it wouldn't be...that's just plain old lying in order to get people to place pre-orders. [-X

Anyway, I qeuried (via e-mail) if on 28th March they thought there would actually be stock and the reply was a simple "we have no idea". Nice. So, I replied, asking if they even had one of the cases which somebody had returned that they may be able to send me. The response from one of their 'customer service' monkeys was to decide to dispatch me one of the OTHER cases...one which was in stock (and had been in stock for weeks) but I didn't order, nor did I have any interest in having. You can't just go sending customers random items of stock, just because what they've ordered isn't available...plus, they now expect me to go to the trouble of returning this item when/if it actually arrives. :doubt:

I've heard some really good reviews of their Archos cases but to be honest, having to deal with a company which has such obvious contempt for its customers is just too much hard work. If you have to have one of their cases, I would really think twice before ordering directly from them (and dealing with them at all).
Last edited by Harfainx on Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Foul Language
SWDT
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

Re: TUff-Luv: A warning...

Post by SWDT »

I think my bro bought my Tuff-Luv case from Ebay brand new, great case would recommend to anyone but perhaps not direct from the company. I don't use it that often becuase its a little heavty but its there if I neew it.
Skipperjonce
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by Skipperjonce »

That's a shame your contact has been so negative. I can only guess they are waiting on a shipment from their own suppliers?

I also pre-ordered the same case before it was even released. Mine arrived on the doorstep 3 days earlier than promised, so I was one happy bunny. Awesome case too. Hope yours comes soon.
ChrisH
Archos User
Archos User

Post by ChrisH »

Got mine from ebay - no hassle at all, arived in a few days. Very pleased with it too ...
8Gb Archos 101
Neutron
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by Neutron »

GeorgeStark, sorry to hear about your troubles getting your case. I ordered the Tuff-Luv Tri-Axis Saddleback Leather Case for 101 back in January, directly from their website, and didn't have any problems. It did take close to three weeks to arrive but that was consistent with what was stated on their site given it was standard mail from the UK to the west coast. At one point I got a little impatient and sent an inquiry to the customer support on the status of my shipment and they responded the next day. I'm not sure what's changed within their SOP since then. The case is fantastic - I hope you get yours soon.
Neutron

A5IT 32GB | A101 16GB
butterflygirl
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by butterflygirl »

Sorry you had so many problems. I ordered the one for the 101 from Amazon and had it within days from the Seller. Very happy with the case.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004I2VUCI
ebus
Archos User
Archos User

Post by ebus »

my tuff luv was ordered from amazon and delivered from tuff luv in 3 days 70 it 250gb
blurpasta
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by blurpasta »

i understand your frustration as i think i order the same casing as you. I have been waiting since 1st of march for the casing to arrive and it has been delayed for the longest time of all. They even afford to upgrade my order to another model. I rejected it as i am currently using tt model which i don't like it, that's why i order the faux one to replace it.

God knows when i can get it, i'm also getting a little impatient....
Unsinkable II
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by Unsinkable II »

My Tuff Luv case for my Kindle 3 is very nice.

Tempted to get one for my A70 now...
ubergrog
Archos User
Archos User

Post by ubergrog »

I ordered a case for my A70S three days ago off Ebay, paid the extra $15 for expedited. The Ebay store page looked to me like it belonged to Tuf-Luv, so I didn't think there'd be a difference how I ordered it. Not here yet, but from UK to Canada I'd expect to get it today or tomorrow (hopefully :)).
--
GROG!
ubergrog
Archos User
Archos User

Post by ubergrog »

ubergrog wrote:I ordered a case for my A70S three days ago off Ebay, paid the extra $15 for expedited. The Ebay store page looked to me like it belonged to Tuf-Luv, so I didn't think there'd be a difference how I ordered it. Not here yet, but from UK to Canada I'd expect to get it today or tomorrow (hopefully :)).
I FINALLY arrived today. I blame the delay more on Canada (slow) Post than anything else :lol:.

Very nice case, well made, atttractive, I love the portrait-mode stand, except for watching vids I think that'll probably be the most-used configuration.
Last edited by ubergrog on Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
--
GROG!
GeorgeStark
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by GeorgeStark »

UPDATE:

Tuff-Luv finally got the A70 cases in stock and going against my better judgement, I ended up ordering one (again :x ). It arrived yesterday and I'm very pleased...it looks really well made and isn't anywhere near as 'plasticky' as I was expecting (it's the "faux" leather version). :o

It was hard work but, ultimately, worth it and I can now start using my A70 (after having it for almost 2 months!). :D
ubergrog
Archos User
Archos User

Post by ubergrog »

GeorgeStark wrote:It was hard work but, ultimately, worth it and I can now start using my A70 (after having it for almost 2 months!). :D
I was carrying mine around wrapped inside a sock til I got my case. Almost made me too embarrased to take it out in pulic :oops:.
--
GROG!
reptilespot
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by reptilespot »

My first Tuff Luv case was for my Zen.
My zen fell out of my pocket going down the road at about 40 on my motorcycle. I seen it fly past me and thought to myself that thing it totaled I road down the road a bit and picked it up a few scrapes on the screen, in the shell, ect but everything worked. Popped my Zen out of the case and it was perfectly fine. After that I've been a fan of Tuff-Luv.
fuschiahedgehog
Archos User
Archos User

Post by fuschiahedgehog »

I ordered a Tuff-Luv case over a month ago for my A70 (8GB), and to tell the truth, after a while I just forgot about it because it never arrived. Then I got an email from them about a week ago apologizing for the delay and saying it had just been shipped out. It arrived on Friday and I must say I absolutely love it. I was using an old Timbuk2 Kindle envelope case in the meantime, which also fit perfectly, but only protected the device when not in use.
One thing I am concerned about is heat build-up in the Tuff-Luv case. My son loves to play games and sometimes it gets pretty toasty while in the Tuff-Luv case. Not a huge deal; I can always just tell him to take it out of the case if it starts to heat up.
A70IT-8GB(2.3.26); A43-16GB(2.1.08)
eq316
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by eq316 »

Hi bought a case recently from tuffluv along witha screen protector and they arrived the next day. However i bought then from their ebay page not from the site directly.
Got a faux leather case that has still the slots in the right places. Screen protector helps a bit with fingerprints and has no real reduction in sensitivity from whatI can see.
Both fit well and give me some reassurance for protection.
Sounds like they are much more on the ball on ebay than direct.
A70H | 2.4.81 (Android 2.2.1)
Domenico
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by Domenico »

I ordered a tuff luv leather case for my A70IT from their site and arrived exactly the day they promised (10 days needed for my country ).

I really like this case ... now I can take it with me everywhere ....

Return to “General Archos Gen8: Archos 28, 32, 43, 70 and 101 Internet Tablets”