General Gen8 Archos Tablet discussions
callchris321
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

archos 70 and android market place

Post by callchris321 »

Hi all
am new to the archos 70 and android in general
i have got to grips with the basics but having real problems when trying to get the new android market place to recognise my device
i have a google account but when i try to download apps i get the
""there is no android phone associated with this account"" message and cant get any further
the advice i am after is
1) apart from appslib whats the best place to get android apps from
2) has anyone any idea how to resolve the android marketplace issue
3) easiest way to get apps especially as i am not very computer literate so any solution needs o be easy for me

many thanks in advance for any advice

regards chris
Union Man
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Re: archos 70 and android market place

Post by Union Man »

I get that too on my 28 trying to get into Market.
I'll wait till I get a reliable wifi signal to try it again. If not, I'll see what happens when I set up a new Google account.
bhmm
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by bhmm »

can you be specific on "new android Market place"

Are you talking about the Web Market or the local Market App on your device. The Market App on you device should work without issue and allow you access to apps. Use either GAppsInstaller or Arctools from Appslib.
callchris321
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by callchris321 »

Hi there BHMM many thanks for getting back to me
the android Marjet place i was reffering to is this one https://market.android.com/

is this the one you mean? or is there another one

also yes your right i have used the Appslib from the Archos however strangly when i tried it last night i got an error message and it did a force close (tried about 10 times) does that indicate a problem with Apps lib as well

any advice/support you can suggest will be gratefully received

Best Regards

Chris
wdl1908
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

Post by wdl1908 »

callchris321 wrote:Hi there BHMM many thanks for getting back to me
the android Marjet place i was reffering to is this one https://market.android.com/

is this the one you mean? or is there another one

any advice/support you can suggest will be gratefully received
On note on the website: It's useless.

The website is great for searching and reading but not for installing software it simply is not ready.

Have you installed the google market app on your device?

If not I suggest you look at this. http://www.arctablet.com/blog/archos-ta ... ube-fixed/
viking

Post by viking »

wdl1908 wrote: On note on the website: It's useless.

The website is great for searching and reading but not for installing software it simply is not ready.
The website downloads apps perfectly for me. However I think the OP may not realize it isn't a substitute, and you do need google market app on your device in order to use the website. Then you don't really need the website anyway.
a101g9 a70g8 an10g2 sg42 sg5 voy115
bhmm
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by bhmm »

wdl1908 wrote: On note on the website: It's useless.

I would not go as far as calling it useless. I really love to b able to see ALL that is available in the Android Market without the "filtering hands" of Google....with their lousy interpretation of "compatibility". Yes useless for installing apps but very useful researching apps as it's the only "Official" repository of Android Market. On your local Market you are not even given the chance to see what "you're missing" And many of these apps declared by Google not "fit" for your device, would work just fine...

OK going back to the OP:

There are two ways to install the Android Market: gAppsInstaller & Arctools. For gAppInstaller see the following link

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=867303

For Arctools see link above given by wdl1908. Also you can get the apk from Appslib. But you said Appslib is no longer working for you.

One you have one of these two working on your A70. Then you will be able and supplement it with the Web Android Market version...As others have mentioned. The web is not a substitute. Just an add on. It allows you to do searches on your computer and send the app to your already installed Market on your device. So you still need to get Market on your device.

Note that if you want use the web ....the gAppsInstaller is not showing on your Android Web Market version account if you do the Market fix. (read the forum on the fix)
On the other side, if you use the Arctools, your web Android Web Market version account will show in the Market fixed state but not in the unfixed state. This is my experience after a lot testing....Not sure it's universal.
But again the web version is not a must but a nice to have thing
Union Man
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by Union Man »

I found a video on the market "fix" the person set up a google account in settings >accounts and sync first before going to the market app.
I'll try that.
gretmv
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by gretmv »

Hi all, please i need help...i installed the android market with arctools and i can see the market and the google application but i cant download anything from the market...when i try to download an apps i read a message "donwloanding the apps" this goes forever and never actually happen :cry:

i kind of new using android

How can i fix this??

Thanks a lot
viking

Post by viking »

gretmv wrote:.when i try to download an apps i read a message "donwloanding the apps" this goes forever and never actually happen
This problem was posted recently. You might search for it, but it seemed to be related to a firewall issue with that wifi source? Didn't totally make sense to me... also something about the google id?
bhmm
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by bhmm »

I had the same thing. A simple reboot fixed the problem.
xzb6np
Archos User
Archos User

Post by xzb6np »

Does installing the marketplace wipe your device still? When the devs 1st created the hacks (last fall) it wiped the device. Basically, can I install it without losing my existing applications?
viking

Post by viking »

xzb6np wrote:Basically, can I install it without losing my existing applications?
Wiping beforehand is optional. If you have installed an old version, the new may not work right even if you think you uninstalled the old one (without wiping).
xzb6np
Archos User
Archos User

Post by xzb6np »

Cool. I used to be that you had to wipe your device to install it. That is cool.

Return to “General Archos Gen8: Archos 28, 32, 43, 70 and 101 Internet Tablets”