Post by VipFREAK »

rchos_fan wrote: 64MB swap
What's this?
tobassam
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Re: Firmware 2.1.04 released - report bugs here

Post by tobassam »

For those complaining of Flash crashing. What fixed it for me was moving from the market Flash to the Droid X Flash (watched a 50 minute lecture with no problems). Search for the link in this forum.
xbs
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

Post by xbs »

naboo the enigma wrote:Another question...i was wondering about the 64mb swap so i downloaded terminal emulator and it gave me these numbers for swap total: 31288 used: 4876 free: 26412.....this isnt 64mb swap is it? After i downloaded 2.1.2 i did a reformat, so now that i downloaded 2.1.4 do i need to do another reformat to get 64mb swap? I didnt think i did but if anyone can shead some light on this for me it would help. And how do i get it running 64mb swap.
No, that's 32Mb...

I didn't need to do a format or reset to have the 64Mb swap in 2.1.4 fw.
I did that when i updated to 2.1.2 and when i updated to 2.1.3 and yesterday to 2.1.4 the 64Mb swap has been kept.

Are you positive you had 64Mb swap before the update to 2.1.4?
Asus TF101 16Gb
Farsquidge
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by Farsquidge »

xbs wrote:
naboo the enigma wrote:Another question...i was wondering about the 64mb swap so i downloaded terminal emulator and it gave me these numbers for swap total: 31288 used: 4876 free: 26412.....this isnt 64mb swap is it? After i downloaded 2.1.2 i did a reformat, so now that i downloaded 2.1.4 do i need to do another reformat to get 64mb swap? I didnt think i did but if anyone can shead some light on this for me it would help. And how do i get it running 64mb swap.
No, that's 32Mb...

I didn't need to do a format or reset to have the 64Mb swap in 2.1.4 fw.
I did that when i updated to 2.1.2 and when i updated to 2.1.3 and yesterday to 2.1.4 the 64Mb swap has been kept.

Are you positive you had 64Mb swap before the update to 2.1.4?
As it states in the installation instructions, to activate the 64MB swap you have to perform an 'Android Reset' which is found under Repair & formatting. A reformat does not have any impact on the swap.
605Wi, A5IMT, A5IT, A7o 8GB:2.4.82
druelf
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by druelf »

Argh, all my video files are deleted. They were placed into Video folder on internal storage. Never did a reset or format of the device, firmware was updated only via placing the aos file into Archos root.

The stock Video App shows the vids still in Library, without thumbnails, but the files are gone (not concerning seperate srt subtitles, these are still available). Can remember that some people reported about losing files on sdcard. But on internal storage? Anyone knows what happend?
Archos 70IT 8GB
quaryon
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by quaryon »

druelf wrote:Argh, all my video files are deleted. They were placed into Video folder on internal storage. Never did a reset or format of the device, firmware was updated only via placing the aos file into Archos root.

The stock Video App shows the vids still in Library, without thumbnails, but the files are gone (not concerning seperate srt subtitles, these are still available). Can remember that some people reported about losing files on sdcard. But on internal storage? Anyone knows what happend?
This has happened twice to me as well - it seems to have happened when I did a full reset on the media library on my A70H (via the repair-and-formatting menu). I've reported it to Archos support, will let you know if they get back to me.

The media scanner is still not loading all my music files - a fresh scan results in less than half of my artists showing up in the music player.
zonkul
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by zonkul »

Installed 2.1.4 and I have an issue. On 2.1.3 I had no problems with watching movies in avi, but now i get an info that i need to purchase a plug-in that costs 15 $ in order to watch those movies! It says something about AC3 codec. It seems strange to me since I watched the same exact movie yesterday, didnt finish and after the upgrade I wanted to finish watching and I cant..

Can any of You guys give a solution to this problem besides purchasing that plugin?

regards
SYSCO
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by SYSCO »

Now if they could only get the video and Shoutcast issues resolved. I really miss not being able to use Shoutcast.
Rich
Archos A28
FZelle
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by FZelle »

Shoutcast is working here, even the former missing aac+
wurstbrot
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by wurstbrot »

I still have the problem that whatever i download with the browser appears double-time in the media galleries, picture and video. I have to reset the multimedia database each time to fix that for the moment.
markayak
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by markayak »

I have to say, I am very pleased with the rate at which Archos is releasing updates and fixes.

almost every bug that was causing me issues has been addressed. if only they'd add an option to hide the button bar.
icepick314
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by icepick314 »

markayak wrote:I have to say, I am very pleased with the rate at which Archos is releasing updates and fixes.

almost every bug that was causing me issues has been addressed. if only they'd add an option to hide the button bar.
there is a way to do this but you have to manually edit apk before installing to Archos...

http://forum.archosfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=63&t=46665

I have yet to try this since my 101 is RMA at this time but I've read that it works nicely...
bhed
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by bhed »

Can anyone confirm if ezPDF is still crashing with 2.1.04?
deet
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by deet »

kide wrote:
deet wrote:Anybody having trouble downloading from Google Market?

I am using gAppsInstaller v5-Stable and downloads never get past "starting download..".

Initially I simply installed 2.1.04 over my existing 2.0.71 system (no reset or reformat) and things seem to be OK except that Market won't download.

So I bit the bullet and did a full reformat and reinstalled Market with the same result.

Maybe the Market is having problems? Or what, I wonder.

Edit: Just did a reset and tried again with the same result.
I had the same probem all day until I performed Google account re-sync. Now Market shows all apps like Maps etc. and downloads works, but crashes sometimes.
Still have the problem this am. I read somewhere that Google are refreshing the Market today to introduce music and ebook downloads so maybe that is the problem. Let's hope they have not decided to lock out non-phone Android users.

kide: How did you refresh your account? I don't have a Google account app after my re-install.
A80S-V5(T1) OMAP4460 ES.1.1
blokey
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by blokey »

actually there is a serious bug that's been present since 2.1.2 that i'm noticing a lot more with this firmware-

my a32 gets regularly stuck in deepsleep and i have to do a hard shut down to get out of it. this is a bit of a concern because this could easily damage the hardware and corrupt files. I seem to notice it more when plugging or unplugging the usb cable, though im not sure if that's helpful (it's just an impression). Also, the charge light doesn't always blink when it has reached 100%.

Finallly, deep sleep is much less efficient than before, if this was at the cost of faster wifi reconnect then i think i would prefer better battery life over quickly connecting to the internet.
A32 - no market & no appslib
Hitchhiker
Archos User
Archos User

Post by Hitchhiker »

Pre-2.1.04 my system would lock up when ever it was doing the network scan on large networks, or networks with large amounts of shared data. Last night when I got home, instead of locking up it would reboot, run for awhile, and then reboot again. After about 5 of these I just turned the Wi-Fi off, and everything ran normally, but then I couldn't get my mail and notices.

Though I know this where we all report our problem, I am so grateful that Archos does have such great turn around on solving issues.
deet
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by deet »

deet wrote:
Bug Splat wrote:
deet wrote:Anybody having trouble downloading from Google Market?

I am using gAppsInstaller v5-Stable and downloads never get past "starting download..".

Initially I simply installed 2.1.04 over my existing 2.0.71 system (no reset or reformat) and things seem to be OK except that Market won't download.

So I bit the bullet and did a full reformat and reinstalled Market with the same result.

Maybe the Market is having problems? Or what, I wonder.

Edit: Just did a reset and tried again with the same result.
I'm getting the same problem. Things will download from the market but will not install.
I just reformatted again and reinstalled 2.0.71 with the same result. I am going to assume it is a Market problem and try again tomorrow.
After a couple of hours of futzing about this morning I am back in business and running 2.1.04. They key for me, I believe, was not having my micro-SD card inserted when I did the re-format and Market install - really! Or maybe it was because I sync'd to my gmail account using GTalk before starting Market for the first time.

Anyway, this has been a long-standing problem with Google Market and there is a huge bug thread about it:
http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=1996

I got the idea to try without my microSd card installed from a post inside this mess of reports, also the idea to sync to Google before starting the Market came from kide on this forum. It is also mentioned as a possible work-around in this bug thread.
Last edited by deet on Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A80S-V5(T1) OMAP4460 ES.1.1
mvl
Archos User
Archos User

Post by mvl »

OTA still saying 2.1.03 is the latest on the Archos 43.

I'll wait until OTA is available, my biggest issues are the FCs and app lockups when there is weak cell signal with data over Bluetooth DUN, and 2.1.04 doesn't say it fixes it in the changelog.
vja4Him
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

Post by vja4Him »

I tried updating to 2.1.04 directly from the tablet, but it didn't work. Got an error message. I'm downloading the file to my MacPro, and will do the update manually. Hopefully that will work ....
- Archos 80 G9 Turbo 250GB
Greg_e
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by Greg_e »

FZelle wrote:Shoutcast is working here, even the former missing aac+
Not on my 43 with the Winamp app. Is it playing streams directly from the browser now?

Return to “General Archos Gen8: Archos 28, 32, 43, 70 and 101 Internet Tablets”