Dudes and Dudettes any help please!!!Trouble with Archos101

General Gen8 Archos Tablet discussions
rcollins2867
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Dudes and Dudettes any help please!!!Trouble with Archos101

Post by rcollins2867 »

hello folks, i just purchased the archos 101 tablet, and like the idea of it, however growing frustrated with trying get apps installed, flash 10.1 on the unit and cannot seem to figure this out, i must say that this seems too difficult for a novice and even a moderate techy, as this is growing frustrating and i will give it one more day of struggling to get apps and flash working, i like the idea of open source applications, however this may not be a good way to go if an open source OS that is not user friendly enough for the average regular person is going to be a tough sale and will eventually lead people to the Apple's and Microsoft due to ease of use, a device is fun and good if ease of use is there, this is painful to spend three days struggling to get a device functioning properly. Can someone please assist with any info, documentation, youtube videos, manual, any helpful info on how to download flash, or get the fixed version of the Froyo adroid 2.2 update as it seems as if maybe i have the version of froyo that doesn't have flash as i keep getting message stating that i need flash....also cannot seem to upload apps, also i would like instructions on how to load a different apps store other than appslib as they don't seem to have the latest and greatest apps.

[email protected]
Rockstar
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Re: Dudes and Dudettes any help please!!!Trouble with Archos

Post by Rockstar »

Try searching here as all your questions will be answered.
Archos A101 - Samsung Fascinate
kenyu73
Archos User
Archos User

Re: Dudes and Dudettes any help please!!!Trouble with Archos

Post by kenyu73 »

Archos, from what I here is in the final stages of releasing an optimized Flash installation that would be availiable in the AppsLib store or as part of a firmware patch. I dont know much more about the offical standing on this besides what I stated.

However, you can install Flash manually or install the official Android Market following here - http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=867303

The average user should probably wait for Archos to release Flash, but most Android users are more techy then Apple or MS users.

There are lots of post and threads which explain these concerns as well as workarounds. If you want a better device, start reading my friend... (=

Return to “General Archos Gen8: Archos 28, 32, 43, 70 and 101 Internet Tablets”