grassfrog
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Re: gAppsInstaller_v2 - NEW APK - Froyo

Post by grassfrog »

kenyu73 wrote:
czesiu wrote:
{{ added this to OP }}
BTW WTH does "OP" stand for anyway... ;)
What the hell does WTH mean??? (=
LOL
Archos 101, A101IT-V6
HTC Desire
grassfrog
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by grassfrog »

Seriously, i┬┤m almost there now. Google Earth apk would be nice to find (pleeeease help me),
Other than that i┬┤m satisfied with this market package.
Archos 101, A101IT-V6
HTC Desire
kenyu73
Archos User
Archos User

Post by kenyu73 »

If anyone tried the gAppInstaller_v2.6, let me know how it went... I tried it with "newer" vendor.apk installed and my Market wouldnt connect... just sat there spinning and spinning until I got a "retry" then spinning..etc.

The v2.5 still works fine.

Remember, if you uninstall using these appInstallers, you MUST un-install the Market updates FIRST (in settings-->applications) or the Market might not re-install correctly when you re-install.
kenyu73
Archos User
Archos User

Post by kenyu73 »

grassfrog wrote:Seriously, i┬┤m almost there now. Google Earth apk would be nice to find (pleeeease help me),
Other than that i┬┤m satisfied with this market package.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/10899001/com.google.earth.apk
grassfrog
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by grassfrog »

kenyu73 wrote:If anyone tried the gAppInstaller_v2.6, let me know how it went... I tried it with "newer" vendor.apk installed and my Market wouldnt connect... just sat there spinning and spinning until I got a "retry" then spinning..etc.

Remember, if you uninstall using these appInstallers, you MUST un-install the Market updates FIRST (in settings-->applications) or the Market might not re-install correctly when you re-install.
It┬┤s getting near midnight here in sweden now. Is it worth waiting for some news tonight or is this as far as we get right now (as i said before i┬┤m satisfied, besides Gogle Earth). kenyu73, is there some benefits from installing the latest package you provided or should i stay with what i┬┤ve got right now (gAppsInstaller_v2.apk)?

Again, great effort!
Archos 101, A101IT-V6
HTC Desire
kenyu73
Archos User
Archos User

Post by kenyu73 »

grassfrog wrote:
kenyu73 wrote:If anyone tried the gAppInstaller_v2.6, let me know how it went... I tried it with "newer" vendor.apk installed and my Market wouldnt connect... just sat there spinning and spinning until I got a "retry" then spinning..etc.

It┬┤s getting near midnight here in sweden now. Is it worth waiting for some news tonight or is this as far as we get right now (as i said before i┬┤m satisfied, besides Gogle Earth). kenyu73, is there some benefits from installing the latest package you provided or should i stay with what i┬┤ve got right now (gAppsInstaller_v2.apk)?

Again, great effort!
Oh lord your fine. The appInstaller version is just a installer changes, nothing with the actual files it pushes over when you reboot. It wont change anything you have installed already.

Sleep well (its only going on 6pm here in New York.. I got a long ways to go before bed!
Luvmyarchos
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by Luvmyarchos »

Thanks for all your work.
where is the download link for 2.6?
mellofone
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by mellofone »

Looks like my 70 is hosed. Installed and everyone the system boots, it says "process system is not responding." Constantly reboots, on number 7 so far. How do I wipe and start over?
jack23
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by jack23 »

I did a fresh froyo install this morning.
Installed the package. Worked like a charm. Now download stuff from the market.
Luvmyarchos
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by Luvmyarchos »

mellofone wrote:Looks like my 70 is hosed. Installed and everyone the system boots, it says "process system is not responding." Constantly reboots, on number 7 so far. How do I wipe and start over?
Sorry to hear about your 70.
Try this:
http://forum.archosfans.com/viewtopic.p ... et#p288433

If that doesn't work try this:
http://forum.archosfans.com/viewtopic.p ... 36&start=0

I hope this helps.
Goodluck
kenyu73
Archos User
Archos User

Post by kenyu73 »

mellofone wrote:Looks like my 70 is hosed. Installed and everyone the system boots, it says "process system is not responding." Constantly reboots, on number 7 so far. How do I wipe and start over?
It was probably the Market. If you had the a previous market installed and just removed the app using the appInstaller, it leaves the 2.12 Market update stranded. If you swap appInstallers around, you need to uninstall the Market auto-updates first.
kenyu73
Archos User
Archos User

Post by kenyu73 »

Luvmyarchos wrote:

I removed the d/l link until I can test it again. My first test didn't go so well, the market never loaded any apps, its just sat there spinning and spinning. The updated Vendor.apk is different in some fashion... it may have just been the Market, who knows...
Luvmyarchos
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by Luvmyarchos »

kenyu73 wrote:
Luvmyarchos wrote:

I removed the d/l link until I can test it again. My first test didn't go so well, the market never loaded any apps, its just sat there spinning and spinning. The updated Vendor.apk is different in some fashion... it may have just been the Market, who knows...
Thanks for the reply
BGMArchos
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

Post by BGMArchos »

Concerning applications I can't find in the Android Marketplace (not this APK but the original one), I found a fourth. Splash ID!

I'm using Splash ID! on my HTC EVO 4G as a replacement for the Dataviz Password Plus application. It manages and protects information on your device. They say they support Android and don't have an exception or only support list. I opened a technical support ticket with them asking for help in getting access to Splash ID! on my Archos 70.

BTW, from what I can tell the problem is with the Android Marketplace thinking we're running in ROOT!

So, root is the problem with the missing applications with the first Android Marketplace APK. I'm wondering if this second APK has the same missing application issue.

OH!! Ah, are we running in ROOT on our Archos 70 Internet Tablets? Could this be the reason? Just wondering if it could be this simple . . .

In any case is there a way to get the Android Marketplace to view us a non-root users?

Thanks!
A70 8 | A70 250 | HTC EVO | IMX 51
mellofone
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by mellofone »

Ok, I held the volup and power button and did a reformat. Rebooted and reinstalled the 2.6 and I seem to be back in action. No biggy, really. Getting all my apps installed again via the market and is working fine. The market is a bit wonky at times, sometimes it locks up the works and a hard reset fixes that.
kenyu73
Archos User
Archos User

Post by kenyu73 »

mellofone wrote:Ok, I held the volup and power button and did a reformat. Rebooted and reinstalled the 2.6 and I seem to be back in action. No biggy, really. Getting all my apps installed again via the market and is working fine. The market is a bit wonky at times, sometimes it locks up the works and a hard reset fixes that.
I pulled the 2.6 version (contains a newer Vendor.apk) because my quick test gave me weird Market issues (slow). If you want to try something to see if it helps do this

settings --> apllications --> Market (uninstall updates)
download 2.5 and install those apks
reboot

Just make sure you uninstall those Market updates first
mellofone
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by mellofone »

Done, downgraded to 2.5. I'll let you know what I come up with.
Hexidecimal
Archos User
Archos User

Post by Hexidecimal »

In case this hasn't been mentioned, 2.5 has some stability issues and also prevents some apps from running. TweetDeck 1.0.3 & 1.0.4 both force close with that apk. Removed and went back to my original gApps apk and it launches fine. Something to look at
Diabolic
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by Diabolic »

Hello All!!!!

First thank you for this apk KENYU73. It worked like a charm for me :D 8)

I have the Archos 70IT 8GB.
I did not update to Froyo as soon as the update was available.
I waited for the "automatic firmware update" to appear on my tablet.
Yesterday morning I received the notification.

I downloaded the firmware directly on the tablet yesterday midnight. Installed it and selected the option of "reset" wiping everything to do a clean install (recommended).
I tried first to backup the application, downloaded the application "AppBackupReinstall" but it was not backing up to my pc or internal memory. I think it is only available to back it up to the SD memory card, which I did not buy yet. The online store delivered to me a normal SDHC card instead but this is a different story.

Most of my applications are free. so I said what the heck, I will download them again.

After resetting the tablet and installing the new firmware, I chose Kenuy73's light apk (5.5MB).
It worked. I have access to the Market and Gmail (only 2 applications I tested so far).
Previously under Eclair, Gmail was not synching my 2nd and third gmail account. Although it was posted that it is a Froyo problem. Now it is working for me! Hurrah! :D

I "found" and downloaded Youtube, Flash Player and Flash Reader from the market too.
I still have to test other applications, but on a general level it is functioning correctly.
Unlike others, I did not notice an improvement in the Wifi connectivity. I did notice an improvement in the interface's speed and responsiveness.
hdsousa
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by hdsousa »

It worked good for me also, but i cant find maps and some other apps in the market

Return to “General Archos Gen8: Archos 28, 32, 43, 70 and 101 Internet Tablets”