gAppsInstaller_v5 - Market 2.2.7

General Gen8 Archos Tablet discussions
kenyu73
Archos User
Archos User

Re: gAppsInstaller_v2 - NEW APK - Froyo

Post by kenyu73 »

soldieroftheone wrote:The download link is not working. I am getting a 502 server error.
Its the Google Code servers... they act up sometimes. Usually clears up pretty quickly.
kenyu73
Archos User
Archos User

Post by kenyu73 »

grassfrog wrote:
kenyu73 wrote:
grassfrog wrote: Weird, i can┬┤t find Google Earth!? Sure you have it in market?
I found it fine, right in the top spot when i search for "Google Earth"... You might have to do the "Market cleanup" setup. Read the how-to in my OP.
I┬┤ve alreadey done it three times, remember? ;)
Yeah, that's right. I think its still buggy on yours still (for who knows what reason). Can you find LauncherPro? That was another one of the apps that the "cleanup" fixed. You may want to checkout that youtube video.. perhaps I missed a step in my how-to.

Let me know if you get it going.
spawn
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

Post by spawn »

#kenyu73

see my post here about the market.apk

http://forum.archosfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=63&t=42479
czesiu
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by czesiu »

The Market in my installer and the Market in gApps4Archos2.apk seem to conflict each other (cache/temp/data/something)... this may not work if you installed (gApps4Archos2.apk) or another Market manually prior. The best best is to 'reset' your device. If you never installed any Market hacks, you should be good to go!
oh well, I guess I wont risk that for now;)

what vending.apk version is included in this installer?
kenyu73
Archos User
Archos User

Post by kenyu73 »

grassfrog wrote:
kenyu73 wrote:
grassfrog wrote: Weird, i can┬┤t find Google Earth!? Sure you have it in market?
I installed Google Earth fine from the Market, but it just locked up my A70... haha.. .doesn't this even work ok our our devices! (=
kenyu73
Archos User
Archos User

Post by kenyu73 »

czesiu wrote:
The Market in my installer and the Market in gApps4Archos2.apk seem to conflict each other (cache/temp/data/something)... this may not work if you installed (gApps4Archos2.apk) or another Market manually prior. The best best is to 'reset' your device. If you never installed any Market hacks, you should be good to go!

version 1.82
kenyu73
Archos User
Archos User

Post by kenyu73 »

kenyu73 wrote:
czesiu wrote:

version 1.82
umm, wierd.. make that v 2.12.

The installer package is 1.82, then once I get into the Market it auto updates to 2.12. I have the option to uninstall updates for the Market.

I bet that's what is causes the issues between the other appInstallers. Have to investigate more.
grassfrog
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by grassfrog »

Yeah, that's right. I think its still buggy on yours still (for who knows what reason). Can you find LauncherPro? That was another one of the apps that the "cleanup" fixed. You may want to checkout that youtube video.. perhaps I missed a step in my how-to.

Let me know if you get it going.
I┬┤ve found LauncherPro, SwiftKey, Copilot, these are apps i didn't find before the market cleanup. But Google Earth is nowhere to be found. I┬┤m not up to do a clean swipe again after i did it earlier tonight. And like i said earlier, something is weird. Why don┬┤t some apps appear for some, while the same app appears for others? By the way i┬┤m located in sweden.
Archos 101, A101IT-V6
HTC Desire
kenyu73
Archos User
Archos User

Post by kenyu73 »

Market Observations and probably cause of Market issues:
The CURRENT Market version is v2.12. However, the installer uses v1.82 initially which is OK. Once you successfully connect to the Market, it updates automatically to v2.12. This version difference is, more then likely, causing the Market issues some are seeing. If you use the Market from 'gApps4Archos2' successfully for example, it updates to v2.12... BUT when you uninstall it via 'gApps4Archos2', it only deletes the CORE v1.82 Market app leaving the v2.12 update stranded. Then when you install another appInstaller Market, it forces the v1.82 over the 2.12 settings (confused yet!).

To correct this, you need to remove the Market v2.12 update BEFORE uninstalling 'gApps4Archos2' or my app BEFORE trying another appInstaller.

{{ added this to OP }}
spawn
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

Post by spawn »

I repeat

see my post here about the market.apk

viewtopic.php?f=63&t=42479

I uploaded version 2.12
AndroidCircuit
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by AndroidCircuit »

So, from what i understand - v1.82 may be the better one of the two? v2.12 is causing the issues?
Check Out AndroidCircuit.com!
kenyu73
Archos User
Archos User

Post by kenyu73 »

AndroidCircuit wrote:So, from what i understand - v1.82 may be the better one of the two? v2.12 is causing the issues?
No, its just when you uninstall the gApps using these tools, it wipes the core 1.82 leaving the "update" 2.12.

Well, check this out. Google apparently just PUSHED out this 2.12 recently. Yesterday or today?? If you look on you phone or Archos, there is a "related" tab when you open an app... neat!
grassfrog
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by grassfrog »

AndroidCircuit wrote:So, from what i understand - v1.82 may be the better one of the two? v2.12 is causing the issues?
Maybe, but how do you prevent 2.12 to be installed, since it┬┤s done automatically?
Archos 101, A101IT-V6
HTC Desire
spawn
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

Post by spawn »

no, the older versions are the ones causing issues - thats why I uploaded the latest v 2.12 vending.apk

simply replace the vending.apk file found in the various packages with the vending.apk I have uploaded
Those making the packages just replace with my new version then users will get this when installing
Those who allready have installed marked can replace theres with this one either by doing an ADB push or wait for a package that contains this vending.apk
czesiu
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by czesiu »

{{ added this to OP }}
BTW WTH does "OP" stand for anyway... ;)
spawn
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

Post by spawn »

Original Post ;)
grassfrog
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by grassfrog »

spawn wrote:no, the older versions are the ones causing issues - thats why I uploaded the latest v 2.12 vending.apk

simply replace the vending.apk file found in the various packages with the vending.apk I have uploaded
Those making the packages just replace with my new version then users will get this when installing
Those who allready have installed marked can replace theres with this one either by doing an ADB push or wait for a package that contains this vending.apk
I don┬┤t see why this is important, because i┬┤ve alreadey got this version automatically when running market. Even though, i tried to replace my Vending.apk with this, but no difference. No Google Earth, no Flash Player........

EDIT: Even did a market cleanup after i replaced Vending.apk, no difference.
Last edited by grassfrog on Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Archos 101, A101IT-V6
HTC Desire
grassfrog
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by grassfrog »

Since i┬┤m not able to find Google Earth on market, is it possible to download an Google Earth apk from somewhere... Please help, i can┬┤t find one.
Archos 101, A101IT-V6
HTC Desire
kenyu73
Archos User
Archos User

Post by kenyu73 »

czesiu wrote:
{{ added this to OP }}
BTW WTH does "OP" stand for anyway... ;)
What the hell does WTH mean??? (=
BGMArchos
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

Post by BGMArchos »

Kenyu73,

First let me say: Thank you for taking the time and effort to create this APK, document it, and help people with it.

Second: I'm not sure I understand the GUI glitch people are talking about on the first APK. I'm using it and the only "glitch" I see is some applications are NOT showing up. As I mentioned in another posting I can't see at least three applications: App Monster Pro, BatteryView, and Battery Watch.

Finally: Using your Android Marketplace are you able to see all of the applications. To provide a more specific list, let's say the three I previously list. Their specific information is:

1) BatteryView by ProjectNanoGoose
2) Battery Watch by S4BB Limited
3) AppMonster Pro by Think Android

Bert
kenyu73 wrote:
BGMArchos wrote:Hello,

I'm already up and running with the "original" Android Marketplace APK after doing an Android reset and the 6 steps outlined by JeG in his posting.

Does this APK add or fix stuff once you get the "original" APK working? In other words is there an advantage to resetting, reinstalling, and then downloading and reconfiguring all my applications over again? If there is a big fix or cool enhancements, then sure, but otherwise ... well, just wanting to figure out the differences.

BTW, does this APK fix the problem where some applications are not showing up. Examples are: BatteryView, Battery Watch, and Apps Monster Pro ?

Thank you for all your support and hard work both in building the APK and to everyone who is posting!

Bert.
There is no advantage to using this installer if your up and working normally. I've read that the other re-packaged installer has a GUI glitch in the Market, but beside that stay where you are.

I started making this installer app yesterday because the other(s) seems to not work at all or had a GUI glitch which would drive me nuts. I had manually copied all my files using ADB SHELL so this was really done for the community.
A70 8 | A70 250 | HTC EVO | IMX 51

Return to “General Archos Gen8: Archos 28, 32, 43, 70 and 101 Internet Tablets”