gAppsInstaller_v5 - Market 2.2.7

General Gen8 Archos Tablet discussions
kenyu73
Archos User
Archos User

Re: gAppsInstaller_v2 - NEW APK - Froyo

Post by kenyu73 »

grassfrog wrote:i┬┤ve tested it on my A101 (swiped and clean). Market installed just fine, but i had to do the:

Go to: Settings->Applications->Manage Applications
Running Tab->"Market"->Clear Cache->Force Stop
Running Tab->"Google Services Framework"->Clear Data->Force Stop

three!!! times before the apps i┬┤d bought earlier popped up in market. Installed maps and youtube without problems. No graphical issues.
But for some reason i can┬┤t find Flash Player in market, and this makes me wonder, are there other apps that i can┬┤t find?!
I hope we can get a fully functional market, and i don┬┤t doubt we will, because of all hard working guys out there trying to figure this out.

Keep up the good work kenyu73!
Three times?!? haha... did you reboot after the 1st time?

Don't expect a market fix for those "protected/missing" market apps. There's another thread or discussion about that. I dont fully understand the issue with protect market apps, but I'll dig around some.
bhmm
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by bhmm »

Tried this APK and it works great. Thanks for your work but I did fresh Android reset first.
I did not notice a difference between this one and the previous APK. For me I was always getting all the apps I needed from the bat. No need to do the force-clear cache - solution. with both Apk if i use this clearing cache solution I do loose some other apps I was able to get. But also gaine a few others...I guess neither one is better. It will all depends on which apps you're going after. For example, Maps would not show up after both APK Market install. After clearing cache Maps shows up. But now tvuplayer not showing up anymore. This one was not showing up either in the Eclair Market install. But it started showing up for me after the froyo Market install.
Gpsmouse was showing up in the Eclair Market install, but now it's not showing up in the Froyo Market after I do Clear Cache Solution. Before doing so it's available for me.

Talk about mixed blessing. Well, at least somebody can get extra apps and backing them up before redoing a fresh install to get extra ones

Thanks for all good work..

I"m still not able to get Radio Rip or TV.com Never been able to do so on A5IT, Eclair Gen 8 or even now with the Froyo market hack with or without clear cache solution
Last edited by bhmm on Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
grassfrog
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by grassfrog »

kenyu73 wrote:
grassfrog wrote:i┬┤ve tested it on my A101 (swiped and clean). Market installed just fine, but i had to do the:

three!!! times before the apps i┬┤d bought earlier popped up in market. Installed maps and youtube without problems. No graphical issues.
But for some reason i can┬┤t find Flash Player in market, and this makes me wonder, are there other apps that i can┬┤t find?!
I hope we can get a fully functional market, and i don┬┤t doubt we will, because of all hard working guys out there trying to figure this out.

Keep up the good work kenyu73!
Three times?!? haha... did you reboot after the 1st time?

Don't expect a market fix for those "protected/missing" market apps. There's another thread or discussion about that. I dont fully understand the issue with protect market apps, but I'll dig around some.
Yes, i rebooted first time, second time and finally the third time. But who knows, i might have done it in wrong order one or two times or something. :)
Archos 101, A101IT-V6
HTC Desire
AndroidCircuit
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by AndroidCircuit »

Ok, im going to test this right now, i just tried using the Arctool app and it didn't work.
Check Out AndroidCircuit.com!
kiwidealz
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by kiwidealz »

Hi Bhmm

Can i ask if you can tell me how you bought maps up, i have installed the apk and everything works fine other than being able to find maps on market and download it.

you said you blew away the cache and then you got it back, which cache? Market/ as i thought i had done that but might have not been successful.....i have only had my Archos 1 day and never used android OS before, so i am like a blindman at the moment and really appreciate the work put in by you guys and the advice given

thanks from new zealand
grassfrog
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by grassfrog »

kiwidealz wrote:Hi Bhmm

Can i ask if you can tell me how you bought maps up, i have installed the apk and everything works fine other than being able to find maps on market and download it.

you said you blew away the cache and then you got it back, which cache? Market/ as i thought i had done that but might have not been successful.....i have only had my Archos 1 day and never used android OS before, so i am like a blindman at the moment and really appreciate the work put in by you guys and the advice given

thanks from new zealand
Hi, try this.

then reboot the device.

There┬┤s also a video describing the steps, take a look at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7l-nySib ... r_embedded#!.
Last edited by grassfrog on Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Archos 101, A101IT-V6
HTC Desire
sillyrabbitt123
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Re: gAppsInstaller - NEW APK - Froyo

Post by sillyrabbitt123 »

kenyu73 wrote:
sillyrabbitt123 wrote:
thanks for the help. so if i did the other installer apk then i can do yours but...
it might not work 100% and I will need a tool you created to remove the old installers? is this correct?
if so where do i get the tool from and what instructions do i follow and finally if all is working now except that gui looks bad should i just leave it alone?

THANKS for the help!
Both installers have a remove file option. However, the Market seems to leave temp/data/cache files remaining that screw up both mine and the other gApp installer programs... probably because they are different Vendor.apk (Market) files in some form.

Even after you reboot, the the Market still seems to be installed (it isnt) and it errors when you open it. I've attempted to uninstall this ghost Market and it sometimes works, but sometimes results in the blinking Achos screen of death which requires a reset... here is a link on how to reset your device should it occur to you -- http://forum.archosfans.com/viewtopic.p ... 37&start=0
Thanks for the info! I am going to stay put since its all working. next time i need to reformat the device i will do it from scratch and use it. the gui glitch is no biggie and i have all the apps i need currently. if i need some that are missing i will side load or reformat.

thanks!!!
BGMArchos
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

Post by BGMArchos »

Hello,

I'm already up and running with the "original" Android Marketplace APK after doing an Android reset and the 6 steps outlined by JeG in his posting.

Does this APK add or fix stuff once you get the "original" APK working? In other words is there an advantage to resetting, reinstalling, and then downloading and reconfiguring all my applications over again? If there is a big fix or cool enhancements, then sure, but otherwise ... well, just wanting to figure out the differences.

BTW, does this APK fix the problem where some applications are not showing up. Examples are: BatteryView, Battery Watch, and Apps Monster Pro ?

Thank you for all your support and hard work both in building the APK and to everyone who is posting!

Bert.
A70 8 | A70 250 | HTC EVO | IMX 51
kiwidealz
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by kiwidealz »

grassfrog wrote:
kiwidealz wrote:Hi Bhmm

thanks from new zealand
Hi, try this.

then reboot the device.

There┬┤s also a video describing the steps, take a look at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7l-nySib ... r_embedded#!.

Thanks Grassfrog...i am away laughing.....really appreciate all the work and advice given, i am not a leech so hopefully once i get the hang of this i can contribute myself in the future

cheers
kenyu73
Archos User
Archos User

Post by kenyu73 »

BGMArchos wrote:Hello,

I'm already up and running with the "original" Android Marketplace APK after doing an Android reset and the 6 steps outlined by JeG in his posting.

Does this APK add or fix stuff once you get the "original" APK working? In other words is there an advantage to resetting, reinstalling, and then downloading and reconfiguring all my applications over again? If there is a big fix or cool enhancements, then sure, but otherwise ... well, just wanting to figure out the differences.

BTW, does this APK fix the problem where some applications are not showing up. Examples are: BatteryView, Battery Watch, and Apps Monster Pro ?

Thank you for all your support and hard work both in building the APK and to everyone who is posting!

Bert.
There is no advantage to using this installer if your up and working normally. I've read that the other re-packaged installer has a GUI glitch in the Market, but beside that stay where you are.

I started making this installer app yesterday because the other(s) seems to not work at all or had a GUI glitch which would drive me nuts. I had manually copied all my files using ADB SHELL so this was really done for the community.
grassfrog
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by grassfrog »

I┬┤ve played around with my tablet for a while now, and i can┬┤t find any problems apart from some apps missing from market. But i guess i have to live with that. Anyway, great work kenyu73.

Really appreciate the hard work.
Archos 101, A101IT-V6
HTC Desire
kiwidealz
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by kiwidealz »

grassfrog wrote:I┬┤ve played around with my tablet for a while now, and i can┬┤t find any problems apart from some apps missing from market. But i guess i have to live with that. Anyway, great work kenyu73.

Really appreciate the hard work.

agree great work kenyu73......
AndroidCircuit
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by AndroidCircuit »

Works great! Thank you buddy great work!
Check Out AndroidCircuit.com!
JOEJOE1987
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by JOEJOE1987 »

I want to thank everyone involved in making and testing the Market(Google)installer apks.
I will be getting my Archos in the coming week. I am a little confused as to which file I should use.
The original Gapps version 2 for Froyo was about 10 megs and the one in this thread is about half of that(5 megs).
Spanish made one that I haven't downloaded yet so I don't know how big it is. The items I would like in a Market(Google) fix are:

1)Google Market access.
2)Google Maps
3)Google Navigation (if possible-my phone has it-this would be a plus only)
4)Gmail
5)Google Earth (this may have nothing to do with a fix)

This is all I use on my phone(except Google Earth-I can't find it for 2.1). There may be more Google features(apps) available that I might use at a later time so I wouldn't mind installing a few extra apps. When my Archos comes I will play with it for a few hours and then do the upgrade to Froyo. I will do optional full install/delete method. I would just like to know which fix would work best for what I want? Thanks JOE
kenyu73
Archos User
Archos User

Post by kenyu73 »

JOEJOE1987 wrote:I want to thank everyone involved in making and testing the Market(Google)installer apks.
I will be getting my Archos in the coming week. I am a little confused as to which file I should use.
The original Gapps version 2 for Froyo was about 10 megs and the one in this thread is about half of that(5 megs).
Spanish made one that I haven't downloaded yet so I don't know how big it is. The items I would like in a Market(Google) fix are:

1)Google Market access.
2)Google Maps
4)Gmail

This is all I use on my phone(except Google Earth-I can't find it for 2.1). There may be more Google features(apps) available that I might use at a later time so I wouldn't mind installing a few extra apps. When my Archos comes I will play with it for a few hours and then do the upgrade to Froyo. I will do optional full install/delete method. I would just like to know which fix would work best for what I want? Thanks JOE
Maps/Navigation, Gmail and Google Earth are all down loadable in the Market with Froyo. My installer is smaller because it doesn't include Maps/Navigation, YouTube and a few others that are easily found in the Market.

I think my installer is a bit better because it doesn't have the Market GUI glitch and it has the ability to load a ZIP file instead of the pre-packaged apks.
soldieroftheone
Archos User
Archos User

Post by soldieroftheone »

The download link is not working. I am getting a 502 server error.
JOEJOE1987
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by JOEJOE1987 »

kenyu73 wrote:
JOEJOE1987 wrote:I want to thank everyone involved in making and testing the Market(Google)installer apks.

1)Google Market access.
2)Google Maps
4)Gmail

Maps/Navigation, Gmail and Google Earth are all down loadable in the Market with Froyo. My installer is smaller because it doesn't include Maps/Navigation, YouTube and a few others that are easily found in the Market.

I think my installer is a bit better because it doesn't have the Market GUI glitch and it has the ability to load a ZIP file instead of the pre-packaged apks.

Thank You
grassfrog
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by grassfrog »

kenyu73 wrote:

1)Google Market access.
2)Google Maps
4)Gmail

Weird, i can┬┤t find Google Earth!? Sure you have it in market?
Archos 101, A101IT-V6
HTC Desire
kenyu73
Archos User
Archos User

Post by kenyu73 »

grassfrog wrote: Weird, i can┬┤t find Google Earth!? Sure you have it in market?
I found it fine, right in the top spot when i search for "Google Earth"... You might have to do the "Market cleanup" setup. Read the how-to in my OP.
grassfrog
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by grassfrog »

kenyu73 wrote:
grassfrog wrote: Weird, i can┬┤t find Google Earth!? Sure you have it in market?
I found it fine, right in the top spot when i search for "Google Earth"... You might have to do the "Market cleanup" setup. Read the how-to in my OP.
I┬┤ve alreadey done it three times, remember? ;)
Archos 101, A101IT-V6
HTC Desire

Return to “General Archos Gen8: Archos 28, 32, 43, 70 and 101 Internet Tablets”