gAppsInstaller_v5 - Market 2.2.7

General Gen8 Archos Tablet discussions
kenyu73
Archos User
Archos User

Re: gAppsInstaller_v2 - NEW APK - Froyo

Post by kenyu73 »

schaze wrote:I just noticed when I tried to clear the caches for the market and the Google Service Framwork, that the Service Framework is not actually installed using your market hack. When I install the old one it is there. Could this be the problem?
Yes, but it's opposite with me. I dont get the Framework when I installed the (gApps4Archos2.apk) installer. They're stepping on each others toes in same fashion.
frank
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by frank »

Worked great for me after:
1) reset android (previously did power+vol up wipe)
2) TWICE clearing market cache etc. and reboot
A70 8gb Urukdroid 1.6
Nexus 7
m-p{3}
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by m-p{3} »

Currently testing on a freshly wiped Archos 32. I'll post the results and any problem I might encounter.
kenyu73
Archos User
Archos User

Post by kenyu73 »

m-p{3} wrote:Currently testing on a freshly wiped Archos 32. I'll post the results and any problem I might encounter.
I'm 99% positive this will work fine on a freshly wiped system. I think the main issue is cache/data conflicts with installing/uninstalling all these Market fix apps.. :roll:
m-p{3}
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by m-p{3} »

One little issue:

I use my Archos 32 with a foreign language (French :P) and the Market doesn't show the User agreement, and says that an error has occured. I switched the language to English (Canada) and I got the prompt for the user agreement. Once I passed that step, I can switch it back to French and it will work.

Also, the First Time wizard is only showing up in English, even if the device is in French. Is that normal? I don't recall havint that wizard only in english when I used the gApps4Archos for 2.1.

Also, I don't know if I'm the only one but I like the GenieWidget and it's not part of the package :(. Anyway, I extracted it from the gApps4Archos_v2.apk file and can installed it separately.

And thank you very much for making a better Google Apps experience for all of us, I truely appreciate your effort ! =D>
grassfrog
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by grassfrog »

I will try this package on my A101 (wiped) when i get home from work, i┬┤ll let you kow on it.
Archos 101, A101IT-V6
HTC Desire
kenyu73
Archos User
Archos User

Post by kenyu73 »

m-p{3} wrote:One little issue:

I use my Archos 32 with a foreign language (French :P) and the Market doesn't show the User agreement, and says that an error has occured. I switched the language to English (Canada) and I got the prompt for the user agreement. Once I passed that step, I can switch it back to French and it will work.

Also, the First Time wizard is only showing up in English, even if the device is in French. Is that normal? I don't recall havint that wizard only in english when I used the gApps4Archos for 2.1.

Also, I don't know if I'm the only one but I like the GenieWidget and it's not part of the package :(. Anyway, I extracted it from the gApps4Archos_v2.apk file and can installed it separately.
Not sure about the French stuff, but I wouldn't be surprised that the Vendor.apk files we're using to hack this are English only. There may be a multi-language version deployed to European markets and perhaps the American version is English only? It could be a setup thing to, since these files didnt' exist when you FIRST started your device, they were never initialized for French and defaulted to English.

Either way, its nothing that can be done with our hacked installers as we're only extracting apks and copying them to the froyo directory.
kenyu73
Archos User
Archos User

Post by kenyu73 »

I just did a COMPLETE reset and installed gAppsInstaller_v2 without any issues.

However, I'm still trying to see why this installer and the other dont play nice, They install into the same folder. It's got something to do with temp/cache/data files that the Market uses.
m-p{3}
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by m-p{3} »

kenyu73 wrote:Not sure about the French stuff, but I wouldn't be surprised that the Vendor.apk files we're using to hack this are English only. There may be a multi-language version deployed to European markets and perhaps the American version is English only? It could be a setup thing to, since these files didnt' exist when you FIRST started your device, they were never initialized for French and defaulted to English.

Either way, its nothing that can be done with our hacked installers as we're only extracting apks and copying them to the froyo directory.
I managed to get the Market to work, you just have to set the device in english for the overall configuration. When you're done, change the locale to the desired language and it will work fine. It might be useful in case someone encounter this situation :)
sillyrabbitt123
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Re: gAppsInstaller - NEW APK - Froyo

Post by sillyrabbitt123 »

kenyu73 wrote:
sillyrabbitt123 wrote:not sure if i understand? if all is working well do i need this one? i have the other easy apk version with the market gui error.

thanks
You can use this one, it should overwrite the bad market file from the other installer.

However, If you have issues still (because of the other market installer even after a REBOOT), then you can use my tool to delete the other installer files, reboot, then install using my installer from the beginning.

Also, if you're overwriting another Market installer, you may need to manually clear the Market cache/data that I have listed in my OP.
thanks for the help. so if i did the other installer apk then i can do yours but...
it might not work 100% and I will need a tool you created to remove the old installers? is this correct?
if so where do i get the tool from and what instructions do i follow and finally if all is working now except that gui looks bad should i just leave it alone?

THANKS for the help!
iWantAndroid
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by iWantAndroid »

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I'm a newbie ...

Is there anyway to build an APK that only installs the Market App and not all of the other Google Apps?

:-\
kenyu73
Archos User
Archos User

Post by kenyu73 »

iWantAndroid wrote:Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I'm a newbie ...

Is there anyway to build an APK that only installs the Market App and not all of the other Google Apps?

:-\
This installer contains the required Market apps and Google sync files and the Google based apps that are not in that Market (Talk). The only optional one I have in here is Gmail. Who doesn't use Gmail these days :D
kenyu73
Archos User
Archos User

Re: gAppsInstaller - NEW APK - Froyo

Post by kenyu73 »

sillyrabbitt123 wrote:
thanks for the help. so if i did the other installer apk then i can do yours but...
it might not work 100% and I will need a tool you created to remove the old installers? is this correct?
if so where do i get the tool from and what instructions do i follow and finally if all is working now except that gui looks bad should i just leave it alone?

THANKS for the help!
Both installers have a remove file option. However, the Market seems to leave temp/data/cache files remaining that screw up both mine and the other gApp installer programs... probably because they are different Vendor.apk (Market) files in some form.

Even after you reboot, the the Market still seems to be installed (it isnt) and it errors when you open it. I've attempted to uninstall this ghost Market and it sometimes works, but sometimes results in the blinking Achos screen of death which requires a reset... here is a link on how to reset your device should it occur to you -- http://forum.archosfans.com/viewtopic.p ... 37&start=0
iWantAndroid
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by iWantAndroid »

kenyu73 wrote:
This installer contains the required Market apps and Google sync files and the Google based apps that are not in that Market (Talk). The only optional one I have in here is Gmail. Who doesn't use Gmail these days :D
I know I'm not the only one, but maybe there are too few of us that want just the Market app and nothing else.
kenyu73
Archos User
Archos User

Post by kenyu73 »

iWantAndroid wrote:
kenyu73 wrote:
I know I'm not the only one, but maybe there are too few of us that want just the Market app and nothing else.
Just create your own zip file then, I'll post the apps.zip file onto code.google.com and you can remove what you don't what, then use the "/apps.zip" option in my tool to install those that you want. You'll have to remove the previous files first (no need to reboot until you re-install your custom zip)
kiwidealz
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by kiwidealz »

Thanks for this, i am a newbie so i will apologise for my question if the answer is seen as stupid.

I have installed the version 2 on a brand new 70 and it has bought up market well, successfully installed youtube, works brilliantly but i cant find Google maps to install on market. i can find street view but no maps itself,,,any help would be very much appreciated.
IcedTeaPwnsYou
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by IcedTeaPwnsYou »

I just tried it - haven't gotten around to messing around with youtube, but the marketplace works.... though it crashes randomly.
kenyu73
Archos User
Archos User

Post by kenyu73 »

kenyu73 wrote:
iWantAndroid wrote:
kenyu73 wrote:
Just create your own zip file then, I'll post the apps.zip file onto code.google.com and you can remove what you don't what, then use the "/apps.zip" option in my tool to install those that you want. You'll have to remove the previous files first (no need to reboot until you re-install your custom zip)
I've uploaded apps.zip that contains GenieWidget, maps, youtube, etc... all the fat apps. You can download this, remove what you dont want then re-install using this zip.
iWantAndroid
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by iWantAndroid »

kenyu73 wrote:
I know there is little demand, but I thought I'd float the idea. As I said above: "I'm a newbie" and while I sorta understand (conceptually) what to do, there's no way I can do that! :lol:

Thanks and I'll let you get back to helping the majority ... :)
grassfrog
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by grassfrog »

i┬┤ve tested it on my A101 (swiped and clean). Market installed just fine, but i had to do the:

Go to: Settings->Applications->Manage Applications
Running Tab->"Market"->Clear Cache->Force Stop
Running Tab->"Google Services Framework"->Clear Data->Force Stop

three!!! times before the apps i┬┤d bought earlier popped up in market. Installed maps and youtube without problems. No graphical issues.
But for some reason i can┬┤t find Flash Player in market, and this makes me wonder, are there other apps that i can┬┤t find?!
I hope we can get a fully functional market, and i don┬┤t doubt we will, because of all hard working guys out there trying to figure this out.

Keep up the good work kenyu73!
Archos 101, A101IT-V6
HTC Desire

Return to “General Archos Gen8: Archos 28, 32, 43, 70 and 101 Internet Tablets”