[REQUEST] REPACK THE GAPPS4ARCHOS2.APK PLEASE!

General Gen8 Archos Tablet discussions
AndroidCircuit
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

[REQUEST] REPACK THE GAPPS4ARCHOS2.APK PLEASE!

Post by AndroidCircuit »

Hi guys,

Anyone else frustrated with all the different methods of installing market? gapps4archos2.apk giving you graphical problems and google applications not working properly? I've been frustrated with this for the past 48 hours and i believe that the .APK for GAPPS4ARCHOS2 needs to be repacked with proper versions of the applications that do not have graphical problems.

I know many people have been trying to put together a new .APK but i haven't seen a single method that was as a straight forward install as the Eclair gapps4archos.apk, meaning - with no problems in any google application.

I know that this is possible and i'm not saying whoever packed yesterdays Market hack did a bad job, but somethings are obviously not working as they should.

SOMEONE PLEASE REPACK THE GAPPS4ARCHOS2.APK WITH WORKING APPLICATIONS + ADOBE FLASH 10.1
Check Out AndroidCircuit.com!
soulhunt79
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

Re: [REQUEST] REPACK THE GAPPS4ARCHOS2.APK PLEASE!

Post by soulhunt79 »

There is zero reason to include flash with it. Download it from the market, that is the whole point of installing the market. If it goes into the APK it is lightly it will have the same issue was youtube where you can't even update it.

I would even argue that any apps that are downloadable from the market shouldn't be included in the archosmarket apk.
AndroidCircuit
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by AndroidCircuit »

soulhunt79 wrote:There is zero reason to include flash with it. Download it from the market, that is the whole point of installing the market. If it goes into the APK it is lightly it will have the same issue was youtube where you can't even update it.

I would even argue that any apps that are downloadable from the market shouldn't be included in the archosmarket apk.
So YouTube, Gmail shouldn't be included?

I manually installed a copy of ezPDFreader without market, when i installed Market, ezPDFreader was recognized as installed and asked me to update, i imagine Flash player might do the exact thing, in any case, i don't even SEE flash player in Market, and i think it's absolutely ridiculous that i have to stop processes in order to gain the ability to download one or two applications that don't show up in market.

The problem is that most the files in the gapps4archos2.apk are from the original gapps4archos.apk, again not saying the original guy who put this together did a bad job, but it's certainly 100% sloppier than the original hack for 2.1 and i know it's possible to put together an .apk that does not have errors and has versions of the latest google applications.
soulhunt79
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

Post by soulhunt79 »

I don't have enough experience with android to say that an app like youtube is installable via the market. I know flash is because that is where I got it from. Generally seperate installs is better than 1 massive install that puts 10 apps on for you.

I simply want to avoid having this youtube update problem in the future if at all possible.
AndroidCircuit
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by AndroidCircuit »

Gmail and YouTube are now stand alone apps in the market, maybe we can just make an APK without youtube? and install it manually through market.
spanish
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by spanish »

AndroidCircuit
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by AndroidCircuit »

Thank you Spanish, will try out on a fresh format!
m-p{3}
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by m-p{3} »

I tried the first one http://www.zshare.net/download/83414588ef03b64b/ on my Archos 32, which I fully reinitialized but it gives an Install failed error. Seems like something is missing or not set up right in the APK file.
spanish
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by spanish »

OK thanks for the feedback, i have no more ideas, I've only remplaced some apps with newer version, signed the apk and zipalign it ...

Maybe somebody will find a solution
pire
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by pire »

m-p{3} wrote:I tried the first one http://www.zshare.net/download/83414588ef03b64b/ on my Archos 32, which I fully reinitialized but it gives an Install failed error. Seems like something is missing or not set up right in the APK file.
m-p{3},

You may want to try this other application, It worked fine on my Archos 32 IT:
http://www.arctablet.com/blog/archos-ta ... ube-fixed/
AndroidCircuit
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by AndroidCircuit »

pire wrote:You may want to try this other application, It worked fine on my Archos 32 IT:
This application bricked my A70 just now, it was booting for five minutes, the white gradient stopped. I'm forced to go through recovery yet again.
kenyu73
Archos User
Archos User

Post by kenyu73 »

AndroidCircuit wrote:
pire wrote:You may want to try this other application, It worked fine on my Archos 32 IT:
This application bricked my A70 just now, it was booting for five minutes, the white gradient stopped. I'm forced to go through recovery yet again.
Its the "Market ghost" files that are freezing our devices at the blinking Archos screen. I've had to do it 3-4 times so far trying to figure our how to repair or do safe gApps installs. I'm still determined to find the culprit!! (=

I think the Market installs some unique keys when its' first started and those are causing the lockups when a different Market is installed (maybe different Market build or something)
smoger
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by smoger »

Are you guys really that bothered by the market having a discolored header graphic? It barely seems like the type of thing thats worth all this effort.

The youtube problem takes less than 2 minutes to fix(the steps are in one of these threads, i forget which).. basically you use terminal emulator to delete youtube and then install from the market.

And same thing with the missing applications in market... 2 minute fix..
Settings > Applications >
Market > Clear Cache > Force Stop
Google Services Framework > Clear Data > Force Stop
Reboot

You guys purchased this tablet knowing full well that it doesn't have official gApps support.. don't expect everything to work perfectly and dont be upset if you have to do 10 minutes of research to get things working well.

my .02
kenyu73
Archos User
Archos User

Post by kenyu73 »

smoger wrote:Are you guys really that bothered by the market having a discolored header graphic? It barely seems like the type of thing thats worth all this effort.

The youtube problem takes less than 2 minutes to fix(the steps are in one of these threads, i forget which).. basically you use terminal emulator to delete youtube and then install from the market.

Reboot

You guys purchased this tablet knowing full well that it doesn't have official gApps support.. don't expect everything to work perfectly and dont be upset if you have to do 10 minutes of research to get things working well.

my .02
I almost took offense, not personally, but community wise. Most of us posting these fixes and doing all these crazy things do so because we like the challenge of making things the best and as correct as possible. Many people on this forum just want a 1-click simple fix and that is what all these posts are about...to accomplish this... its not about being anal about GUI glitches, its about helping and contributing to the community.
smoger
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by smoger »

kenyu73 wrote:
smoger wrote:Are you guys really that bothered by the market having a discolored header graphic? It barely seems like the type of thing thats worth all this effort.

Reboot

my .02
I almost took offense, not personally, but community wise. Most of us posting these fixes and doing all these crazy things do so because we like the challenge of making things the best and as correct as possible. Many people on this forum just want a 1-click simple fix and that is what all these posts are about...to accomplish this... its not about being anal about GUI glitches, its about helping and contributing to the community.
I understand that point of view for the people who are the ones releasing the fixes.

However, that doesn't explain the people like the OP who are never satisfied with the awesome work that other people are doing just because they have to type 3 linux commands into their tablet. If I was the guy who put together the gAppsforarchos2.apk, I would personally tell the OP to go f*ck himself and keep my work to myself from now on.

To those people who want to complain and complain about these (very functional) solutions, I suggest they stay far away from Android tablets and go get themselves an iPad... not only will they not have to type linux commands, they won't even have the option to do so.

So, to those who are working on these things, I apologize if I offended you, that wasn't the aim of my post.
kenyu73
Archos User
Archos User

Post by kenyu73 »

smoger wrote:
I understand that point of view for the people who are the ones releasing the fixes.

However, that doesn't explain the people like the OP who are never satisfied with the awesome work that other people are doing just because they have to type 3 linux commands into their tablet. If I was the guy who put together the gAppsforarchos2.apk, I would personally tell the OP to go f*ck himself and keep my work to myself from now on.

To those people who want to complain and complain about these (very functional) solutions, I suggest they stay far away from Android tablets and go get themselves an iPad... not only will they not have to type linux commands, they won't even have the option to do so.

So, to those who are working on these things, I apologize if I offended you, that wasn't the aim of my post.
Its all good, I read the post before I ate lunch, so was a bit more sensitive then normal (=
AndroidCircuit
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by AndroidCircuit »

smoger wrote:However, that doesn't explain the people like the OP who are never satisfied with the awesome work that other people are doing just because they have to type 3 linux commands into their tablet. If I was the guy who put together the gAppsforarchos2.apk, I would personally tell the OP to go f*ck himself and keep my work to myself from now on.
Go f*ck yourself too buddy if we're stooping to profanity ;) I never meant to attack the original packager, in fact i never said he did a bad job, the original .APK simply did not work correctly, i didn't like the graphical problem with Market (many people didn't as well), and i did fix YouTube by myself via ADB (many don't know how to access adb or use a terminal emulator). I made this thread so a week from now, two weeks from now, someone who has 0 knowledge can come here and see that kenyu73 made a new .APK that works without any issues at all, just like the original hack on 2.1

And if they see this post, they will know to head over to this link http://forum.archosfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=63&t=42390 to get the right .APK!
AndroidCircuit
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by AndroidCircuit »

kenyu73 wrote: I almost took offense, not personally, but community wise. Most of us posting these fixes and doing all these crazy things do so because we like the challenge of making things the best and as correct as possible. Many people on this forum just want a 1-click simple fix and that is what all these posts are about...to accomplish this... its not about being anal about GUI glitches, its about helping and contributing to the community.
Thank you for the .APK - but i'm not being anal about graphical glitches, i would simply like the same Market hack experience as the 2.1 method, as so many other people.

But i guess you take the heat when you speak the mind of dozens of other people.
cactuscarl
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by cactuscarl »

spanish wrote:Test this one :

http://www.zshare.net/download/83414588ef03b64b/

or dezip, that and test apk inside :

http://www.zshare.net/download/83405919aaf33814/
FINALLY! I got the Market app installed! Thanks Spanish! =D>

Note: Using Archos 101 Tablet with Foyo.

Return to “General Archos Gen8: Archos 28, 32, 43, 70 and 101 Internet Tablets”