Has anyone bought or used a SquareTrade warranty before?

General Gen8 Archos Tablet discussions
tECHNGRO
Archos User
Archos User

Has anyone bought or used a SquareTrade warranty before?

Post by tECHNGRO »

So I know that Archos has a one year warranty. I don't know if they are the kind of manufacturer that will let you slide and replace a product 18 months after purchase (Apple was very good with this). But I don't want to take any chances, so i'm thinking about getting a SquareTrade warranty. I've heard decent things about them on the net, but you can't really trust online reviews these days.

So has anyone ever used them? Their prices seem decent, I guess. ($70 includes 3 years defect AND accidental coverage including drops and spills, which Archos doesn't cover at all).

Any thoughts?
weedahoe
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

Re: Has anyone bought or used a SquareTrade warranty before?

Post by weedahoe »

I bought them when i bought all my gear for my truck (amps, subs, navi headunit, ECT) but never have had to do a claim on anything
agentdr8
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by agentdr8 »

Love ST for gadget warranties. I've made multiple claims on various things recently and every time they've offered to either repair or reimburse for the broken items. Not a bad deal, especially if you buy their warranties with 30-40% off coupons.
elmerohueso
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by elmerohueso »

tECHNGRO wrote:So I know that Archos has a one year warranty. I don't know if they are the kind of manufacturer that will let you slide and replace a product 18 months after purchase (Apple was very good with this). But I don't want to take any chances, so i'm thinking about getting a SquareTrade warranty. I've heard decent things about them on the net, but you can't really trust online reviews these days.

So has anyone ever used them? Their prices seem decent, I guess. ($70 includes 3 years defect AND accidental coverage including drops and spills, which Archos doesn't cover at all).

Any thoughts?
Did you search the forum before posting? There have already been at least 2 thread with your same question. I know because I posted my good experience with Squaretrade on both of them.
tECHNGRO
Archos User
Archos User

Post by tECHNGRO »

I knew you would post if I posted a post that asked a question you had previously posted in a post. That was my goal all along...

And you fell into my trap...like a fly to honey...

muhahahaha....

muhahahaha....

MUHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Sincerely,
Professor Chaos
weedahoe
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

Post by weedahoe »

I just got an email from ST coincidentally for 30% with the code "SANTA" if anyone is interested in buying and saving.
Runner67
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by Runner67 »

I got mine, 49 bucks with drop and spill coverage. Thanks for the cupon code.
weedahoe
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

Post by weedahoe »

You are very welcome. How much longer did the extend the warranty?
dclaryjr
Archos User
Archos User

Post by dclaryjr »

weedahoe wrote:I just got an email from ST coincidentally for 30% with the code "SANTA" if anyone is interested in buying and saving.
I bought one the other day and I never saw an opportunity to put in the code. :oops:
rap
Archos User
Archos User

Post by rap »

For a 43 at $250 It quoted me as $56 with the spills and drops coverage after using Santa. It only give me 20% off. I called it a tablet PC. That's a pretty high price to me. That's over 20% of the cost of the item. Haven't ruled it out but we have several ipods in the house and a palm and none have ever failed. I have a square trade on the palm. At one point I thought I would need it and they were very easy to work with. It turned out after I let the battery die and recharged it, it worked fine so I never sent it in.
agentdr8
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by agentdr8 »

If you're on facebook you can "like" the SquareTrade page and they frequently have click-through discounts. The last one was around black friday, and was for 40% off, which I applied to my A70IT for $42 for 3yrs w/ ADH. Not bad, considering in 3 years, the 70 will be old tech, and ST would still pay out $275 if something were to happen to it (and they couldn't fix/replace it).
675 Trip
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by 675 Trip »

What are the best descriptive choices to make when buying squaretrade? I noticed that if I call it a tablet on one page it gives me 3 yr for $59 + $40 for ADH before discount. if I call it a gadget and then choose tablet it gives me 2 yrs for $59 and ADH $60... are there better ways to enter it? I am using $349 as my price because I have a A101-16.

Can I put in $299 and get less coverage with lower cost? will they cover it?

I put in SANTA code today and it is only 20% off.
Toonces
Archos User
Archos User

Post by Toonces »

675 Trip wrote:What are the best descriptive choices to make when buying squaretrade? I noticed that if I call it a tablet on one page it gives me 3 yr for $59 + $40 for ADH before discount. if I call it a gadget and then choose tablet it gives me 2 yrs for $59 and ADH $60... are there better ways to enter it? I am using $349 as my price because I have a A101-16.

Can I put in $299 and get less coverage with lower cost? will they cover it?

I'd hold off for a 30% or 40%. You have 30 days from purchase date to buy the warranty and they'll probably do another 30 or 40% promo. AFAIK, you have to use the amount shown on your receipt. I have several ST warranties and it's always been an excellent buy for me.
elmerohueso
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by elmerohueso »

675 Trip wrote: Can I put in $299 and get less coverage with lower cost? will they cover it?

Coverage is all or nothing. You have to email them a copy of your receipt, so it wouldn't be good to give a lower price. They could see it and decide you're trying to screw over the system and boot you as a customer.
The SANTA code was worth 20%-40% off depending on the day. Once you're a SquareTrade member, they email discount codes out every few weeks. Otherwise, you can find codes on retailmenot.com.
Toonces
Archos User
Archos User

Post by Toonces »

I just got an email that the SANTA code is worth 30% again today so that makes it 48.99 for a 3year warranty w/ accidental damage coverage for an A70 8GB Tablet purchased from Amazon for $277.20. The $349 A101 would be a little more but well worth it in my mind. I've had 2 netbooks replaced for my kids with ST warranties because of cracked screens or other problems after 2+ years and they ended up getting better replacements because they ended up refunding my original purchase price. The process for getting service or refund was easy and painless. I know it sounds like a commercial but so far, I've been very happy with them and have come out ahead because I chose their warranties. I figure I'm probably about $800 ahead with the warranties I've had to use. I don't cover everything I buy, but certainly my expensive electronics and cameras get covered.

Return to “General Archos Gen8: Archos 28, 32, 43, 70 and 101 Internet Tablets”