easy market install on Froyo Firmwares: the apk way!

General Gen8 Archos Tablet discussions
bburnett1219
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Re: easy market install on froyo 2.0.54 firmware: the apk wa

Post by bburnett1219 »

Is there a reason why the market isn't updating on some people? Shouldn't it update automatically when you connect to it?
JeG
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by JeG »

bburnett1219 wrote:Is there a reason why the market isn't updating on some people? Shouldn't it update automatically when you connect to it?
thats what i thought, too

somehow i managed too stay on 1.82 - but i dont know how...

can you tell whats the main difference from 1.82 to 2.x? i always thought that it was the tabbed app-view and the automatic updates...
kitemanSG
Archos User
Archos User

Post by kitemanSG »

JeG wrote: in the apps details page it says 1.82, but there is the tabbed view with related page and also auto-updates in market

i used the apk by m4rk3t

fast web installer works for me definitely
Yep, same here. I'm using m4rk3t and managed to stay in 1.82. My Android phone has already been upgraded.

appbrain fast web installer works very well under 1.82.
yankee
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by yankee »

It might be easier for some people to go to FREEWARELOVER.com and download appinstaler to their pc.. then transfere it either to the archos or put it on a microsd card...install this after changing to Froyo..then when you load the gapps it should appear on appsinstaller.
The forum also has about 4 versions of the new gapps...cab someone sort them out as to which work the easiest and which have problems...I and others would appreciate it.
=D>
Last edited by Harfainx on Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edit by Harfainx - Waaaay off topic
StarCruiser
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by StarCruiser »

ef98dpa wrote:I have found a solution for the "youtube problem" at a swedish forum, just follow these simple steps and you are good to go. Might work with other apps aswell(?).

1. Download, install and start "android terminal emulator" from Market
2. Enter below lines in the app and finish each line with an enter

cd /data/test/froyo/system/app
rm YouTube.apk

3. Close the app (back out) and reboot
4. Download YouTube from Market.

Easy as 123(4)! :)
Thank you very much!! It worked great! =D>
thearcher
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by thearcher »

Hi All, just got my archos 101, is there anychance somebody could tell me in REALLY REALLY simple terms how I can get android market on my device and what is "froyo" and should I put it on before market and if so , how do I do that as well ????? Please help !!

But must be in REAL laymans terms , I AM a real computer thicko !!!!!

Thanks and keep up the good work
mild7drftr
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by mild7drftr »

thearcher wrote:Hi All, just got my archos 101, is there anychance somebody could tell me in REALLY REALLY simple terms how I can get android market on my device and what is "froyo" and should I put it on before market and if so , how do I do that as well ????? Please help !!

First and only question.

Have you even *tried* to go through this complete thread?

Just try it just once. What you will find, I assure you, is quite a bit of useful information in it (much of which will help answer your question). I'm not trying to be difficult, but I think everyone would agree trying to summarize 14 pages worth of comments is a bit tiresome (and old).

8)
butterflygirl
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by butterflygirl »

thearcher wrote:Hi All, just got my archos 101, is there anychance somebody could tell me in REALLY REALLY simple terms how I can get android market on my device and what is "froyo" and should I put it on before market and if so , how do I do that as well ????? Please help !!

If you aren't comfortable with computers, then I would NOT upgrade to Froyo (Android 2.2) until it has become more stable. The market for Eclair (Android 2.1) is in this thread http://forum.archosfans.com/viewtopic.p ... eclair+apk
thearcher
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by thearcher »

Thank you very much "butterflygirl" I had a quick peek and it looks dead easy, I will give it a go later.

Very very helpful and understanding

Thank you ag :D ain
Tipmoose
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by Tipmoose »

Thanks!! Working well on my 101.
kid33161
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by kid33161 »

Does this android market work on the archos 5? If not how do I install the android market on the archos 5. PLEASE AND THANK YOU!!!
Harfainx

Post by Harfainx »

kid33161 wrote:Does this android market work on the archos 5? If not how do I install the android market on the archos 5. PLEASE AND THANK YOU!!!
This will not work on the Archos 5. You will need to find the instructions here: http://forum.archosfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=29833

Nothing in this section is related to the Archos 5, so any links you find probably won't work the same (possibly some apks, but nothing other than regular apps).

Everything that you will need for your A5 will be located in this section: http://forum.archosfans.com/viewforum.php?f=47
jwest150
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by jwest150 »

OK, so i installed the version 2 market apk indicated on the thread the day the firmware came out for 2.2. I have been able to get almost everything to work except youtube. it won't launch. it opens and then shuts right back down. can someone tell me if what people are saying in this tread about adding some additional line using the terminal emulator works. does your youtube work?

What would be cool would be a list of instructions if you came from a fully formatted tablet and you just updated to 2.2 firmware.

A list that would show you how to install a good clean market APK, then any fixes or hacks to take care of issues with items not showing up in the market like yahoo mail or flash or youtube. issues with youtube not launching. issues with cpu speed.

i feel like i may have conflicting versions of stuff and data and cache that need clearing from older versions of hacks.

Can someone in the know cut through all the BS and post a comprehensive from ground zero out of box formatted tablet up to getting your tablet working as best it can? or maybe how to get back to a clean formatted system to start from square one and then set it up fully.
skimminstones
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by skimminstones »

jwest150 wrote:OK, so i installed the version 2 market apk indicated on the thread the day the firmware came out for 2.2. I have been able to get almost everything to work except youtube. it won't launch. it opens and then shuts right back down. can someone tell me if what people are saying in this tread about adding some additional line using the terminal emulator works. does your youtube work?

What would be cool would be a list of instructions if you came from a fully formatted tablet and you just updated to 2.2 firmware.
http://forum.archosfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=63&t=42874

i followed those instructions and everything is working fine, except the flash player is a little jerky. Youtube works fine if you follow the instructions
cyberpred
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by cyberpred »

When I install market(Side Load) I get "The application Market(process com.android.vending)has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again". It gives me a foreclose choice and does not work.

I am upgraded to froyo and everything else works fine.

Help

Cary :|
kenyu73
Archos User
Archos User

Post by kenyu73 »

I've completed v4 of gAppsInstaller (kenyu73's). This has a stable Market, no GUI defect and the misc Market apps do not FC anymore (WeatherBug, Autozone, OSMonitor, etc).

Best bet is to do a fresh reset if you've been hacking at gApps4Archos.

http://forum.archosfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=63&t=42390
jwest150
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by jwest150 »

kenyu73. i have been following your progress in creating an app installer but from the feedback i have seen you haven't been able to create a clean one yet. did u create the gapps2Archos2.apk that mrkt posted and is avail at http://www.mediafire.com/?qn43ni6fo7xb2ja ??

you keep posting more and more versions of an installer that don't seem to work stable and flawlessly so why do you keep posting on all the threads and potentially throwing everyone off using what so far is a mostly stable market install? shouldn't you do your due diligence and testing first instead of sending people who aren't quite sure what they are doing on to your installer? Just stop.
jwest150
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by jwest150 »

kenyu73 wrote:I've completed v4 of gAppsInstaller (kenyu73's). This has a stable Market, no GUI defect and the misc Market apps do not FC anymore (WeatherBug, Autozone, OSMonitor, etc).

i have been following your progress in creating an app installer but from the feedback i have seen you haven't been able to create a clean one yet. did u create the gapps2Archos2.apk that mrkt posted and is avail at http://www.mediafire.com/?qn43ni6fo7xb2ja ??

you keep posting more and more versions of an installer that don't seem to work stable and flawlessly so why do you keep posting on all the threads and potentially throwing everyone off using what so far is a mostly stable market install? shouldn't you do your due diligence and testing first instead of sending people who aren't quite sure what they are doing on to your installer? Just stop.
deet
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by deet »

jwest150 wrote:Just stop.
Kenyu: Just ignore jwest.
A80S-V5(T1) OMAP4460 ES.1.1
kenyu73
Archos User
Archos User

Post by kenyu73 »

jwest150 wrote:
kenyu73 wrote:I've completed v4 of gAppsInstaller (kenyu73's). This has a stable Market, no GUI defect and the misc Market apps do not FC anymore (WeatherBug, Autozone, OSMonitor, etc).

i have been following your progress in creating an app installer but from the feedback i have seen you haven't been able to create a clean one yet. did u create the gapps2Archos2.apk that mrkt posted and is avail at http://www.mediafire.com/?qn43ni6fo7xb2ja ??

deet wrote:
jwest150 wrote:Just stop.
Kenyu: Just ignore jwest.
Doesn't bother me. The reason I make versions is because I listen to the feedback from testers and improve it. This gApps4Archos2 hasn't been touched since it was ripped/re-compiled. A+ effort for the OP for trying to update the original installer, but the installer contains flawed files (GUI defect, cant update youtube from market, has bloated and stale apks, etc, etc).

Doesn't matter what users do, but my new v4 sets up the gApps in a completely stable manner. I haven't had a single FC, I dont need to "rm /data/test/froyo/system/app/YouTube.apk".

The only thing it cant do is fix the "protected apps" issue, but neither can this one.

Thanks for the backup deet! - I guess he thinks I spend hours tweeking my app for my benefit not the community. Maybe next time I'll just sideload my own files and let the community do sideload hacks! ;)

Return to “General Archos Gen8: Archos 28, 32, 43, 70 and 101 Internet Tablets”