easy market install on Froyo Firmwares: the apk way!

General Gen8 Archos Tablet discussions
fcbrandon
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Re: easy market install on froyo 2.0.54 firmware: the apk wa

Post by fcbrandon »

[quote=cody]

I've tried with kenyu73 apk link. result i got was after the installation, i can't even access the market, market app kept opened then disappeared, i don't know what's wrong with my setting.[/quote]

Same thing for me. I'm about to try a full reset of Froyo to see if that will fix it.
cowbaka
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by cowbaka »

I installed the 2.1 version prior to the 2.2 patch and it worked perfectly, but after I got the 2.2 patch and uninstalled the old version and put the new version on only some apps work - the Market and GMail apps come up and immediately close. Is it possible that my account information I entered under the 2.1 version is not available to the 2.2 version? It didn't ask me to update it, and I can't find where in the device to do that either. The Maps app works fine by the way (creepily it can locate me within 1/4 mile lol).

This is on an Archos 70 8 Gb
petec
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by petec »

Hi - Initially I updated my A70 on the A70 itself and found that it was rather slow - keyboard response was laggy and so on. So I followed the instructions summarised by JeG and installed aos-update-package downloaded from archos website via usb in recovery mode with full format of the device and it is now MUCH better - so thanks to one and all for the solutions you have found.

The only thing I found was that there were no Archos apps when it got to that bit of the installation. That doesn't bother me as I wasn't using them before, but it has left me with the User Manual icon on the home screen with no user manual on the A70. I can't dlete this as, when I hold it to drag it to tghe bin, instead of moving I get a message telling me that the user manual is missing and asking me if I want to read it online. Any ideas how I can either reinstall the user manual so that I can move the icon or how I can delete the icon without installing the manual.

Many thanks
Pete
petec
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by petec »

I've just managed to drag the user manual icon to the bin, so that's sorted. No idea why I couldn't before! If anyone knows how I can reisnstall the manual, it might be handy to have.
Thanks
Pete
appleproduce
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by appleproduce »

Please help!

I have installed apk for google market

I'm trying to go through the instructions to fix the problem of not having all marketplace apps.

I've gone to settings, applications, manage applications, running

Then I'm supposed to find "MARKET". I don't have "MARKET".

What do I do now? I also don't have the second one called "Google ___ ___" Sorry don't have it in front of me right now.

Can someone please help?
petec
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by petec »

I had that problem. I found that I had to have market running before going to manage applications so that it appears in the list of running apps.
czesiu
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by czesiu »

appleproduce wrote:
I've gone to settings, applications, manage applications, running
try
settings, applications, manage applications, all :)
cowbaka
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by cowbaka »

Market won't even start

I'm trying a reinstall of the firmware to see if that may help. The only problem is that if it doesn't, I'll lose the apps I already installed and have no way to get them back until I get it working :( It's not too many though.
cowbaka
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by cowbaka »

Well the firmware reinstall / reinitialize worked - when I installed it asked for my account info and linked up and market shows up now.
kenyu73
Archos User
Archos User

Post by kenyu73 »

fcbrandon wrote:
cody wrote:
I've tried with kenyu73 apk link. result i got was after the installation, i can't even access the market, market app kept opened then disappeared, i don't know what's wrong with my setting.
Same thing for me. I'm about to try a full reset of Froyo to see if that will fix it.
You can NOT reload different appLoader programs(apks). The Market IDs or something are different. I've tested and re-tested and the Markets break if you go from my app(kenyu73) to gApps4Archos and vise versa. Once you install one version, you cant use use another without doing a reset/wipe.

I've got mine set up good, reset, gAppsInstaller_v3, reboot, run Market fix, grab Gmail, Maps, etc from Market... done. No errors or GUI defect... d/l YouTube from the Market.. works great... but you have to RESET you device to use mine or go back to this one.

I also stripped ALL apks that are downloaded via the Market from my v3 installer. its only 3mb. I've got the source code listed in the link destination too so later down the line, me or whomever can hack it to Gingerbread (=
agentlotek
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by agentlotek »

AndroidCircuit wrote:
agentlotek wrote:I would be all set for my upcoming Honeymoon road-trip to Disney World.
Congrats! :) Sounds like a ton of fun is in your near future!
Thanks, I'm really excited.
sweetypie
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by sweetypie »

petec wrote:I've just managed to drag the user manual icon to the bin, so that's sorted. No idea why I couldn't before! If anyone knows how I can reisnstall the manual, it might be handy to have.
Thanks
Pete
Have you considered going to the Archos website, and downloading it from there?
cody
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by cody »

fcbrandon wrote:
cody wrote:
I've tried with kenyu73 apk link. result i got was after the installation, i can't even access the market, market app kept opened then disappeared, i don't know what's wrong with my setting.
I done that through recovery and fully format the device, same result...... Any way here's what i did, installed the appbrain and the fast web installer... tadaaa..... all apps are up for donwload!
petec
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by petec »

petec wrote:
I've just managed to drag the user manual icon to the bin, so that's sorted. No idea why I couldn't before! If anyone knows how I can reisnstall the manual, it might be handy to have.
Thanks
Pete

Have you considered going to the Archos website, and downloading it from there?
I've had a look but it just takes you to an online manual. No great worry.
JeG
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by JeG »

cody wrote:I done that through recovery and fully format the device, same result...... Any way here's what i did, installed the appbrain and the fast web installer... tadaaa..... all apps are up for donwload!

THANK YOU for this hint!

i didnt knew fast web installer, in addition with app brain this is THE SH*T

byebye f'ed up google market 8)
butterflygirl
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by butterflygirl »

koj wrote:Hope someone can help me here....I have downloaded and installed the qApps4archos2. Each time I clicked on the button, it stops at the screen with 2 buttons , "install google aps" and "uninstall google apps" and just hangs there at the same screen whichever button I press.

Any one can help???
Tap on install google apps
bburnett1219
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by bburnett1219 »

JeG wrote:
cody wrote:I done that through recovery and fully format the device, same result...... Any way here's what i did, installed the appbrain and the fast web installer... tadaaa..... all apps are up for donwload!

THANK YOU for this hint!

i didnt knew fast web installer, in addition with app brain this is THE SH*T

byebye f'ed up google market 8)

Didn't think that fast web installer worked with version 2.12 of the market? What version of the market do you have?
JeG
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by JeG »

bburnett1219 wrote:Didn't think that fast web installer worked with version 2.12 of the market? What version of the market do you have?

in the apps details page it says 1.82, but there is the tabbed view with related page and also auto-updates in market

i used the apk by m4rk3t

fast web installer works for me definitely
bburnett1219
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by bburnett1219 »

Cool, I guess as long as the market doesn't update fast web installer works. Here is the post how Google's update broke it:

http://www.androidpolice.com/2010/11/20 ... installer/
TubenRibbon
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by TubenRibbon »

Market version 1.82 able to work with Fast Web Installer and the latest Market version 2.x doesn't work.

Please check the version before install fast web installer.

hope this help..

Return to “General Archos Gen8: Archos 28, 32, 43, 70 and 101 Internet Tablets”