easy market install on Froyo Firmwares: the apk way!

General Gen8 Archos Tablet discussions
TubenRibbon
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Re: easy market install on froyo 2.0.54 firmware: the apk wa

Post by TubenRibbon »

my youtube still doesn't work and each time i open the apps it will automatically shutdown.

can someone share the apk file so that i can install manually.
rock70
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by rock70 »

av8rdude wrote:
rock70 wrote: this did not work for me. The market still does not display "slingplayer mobile" or "graffiti for android". Do these apps show up in any of your markets? According to the appmonster app on my phone these two apps are designated as "protected", and all of the "protected" apps that I searched for in the market on my A70 do not show up.
I have slingplayer working but you have to side load it....probably the same with your other "protected" apps.

Just do a google search for slingplayer.apk. If not send me a PM. BTW the slingplayer works great.

Cheers!
Yes I did a side load, and I agree that slingplayer works great. One of the reasons for getting the A70 with the larger screen.

My point is that I believe the A70 market hack is not capable of displaying "protected" apps, which is a shame and makes it harder to install these types of apps.
BGMArchos
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

Post by BGMArchos »

rock70 wrote:My point is that I believe the A70 market hack is not capable of displaying "protected" apps, which is a shame and makes it harder to install these types of apps.
Sorry for showing my ignorance, but what do you mean by "protected" applications?

How can I tell, in advance, if an application is going to be difficult to download and install (e.g. "protected")?
A70 8 | A70 250 | HTC EVO | IMX 51
19th
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by 19th »

Hi guys! I have a problem: i've installed the apk file onto my froyo on archos 70, but when i start to download anything from market - it doesn' really happen! All i see is a progress bar that doesn't indicate the downloading - it is just stuk! Please help.
BGMArchos
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

Post by BGMArchos »

Luvmyarchos wrote:much faster and youtube worked after I sideloaded it. Flash worked as well.
Maybe I should be asking is there a place where the APK reside and we can capture them once they're downloaded & installed? Or do we need to download, then copy them, and finally copy them to keep the APK around to sideload (manually install?) later?

I'd like to thank you for your insight and help to the group.
Last edited by BGMArchos on Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
BGMArchos
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

Post by BGMArchos »

Harfainx wrote:If YouTube fails to install from the market, I assume you've installed the gApps4Archos2.apk.

To fix this, . . . download Terminal Emulator and just type in the "rm /data/test/froyo/system/app/YouTube.apk" line, then reboot, and download from the market.
Harfainx,

I'd like to thank you for your information on removing the APK and then doing the download from the market. Obviously, the existing APK caused the issues. This solved the problem for me!

/bow (command from a MMORPG called Final Fantasy XI ordering my Avatar to bow, which I'm doing now to express my respect of you.)
Polikarpov16
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by Polikarpov16 »

Any solution to the problems of Market and youtube in Archos 32?
JeG
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by JeG »

hi guys,

here┬┤s how it worked for me - i got:

- froyo running without problems
- youtube app working
- market access with all apps (really all? see end of post...) showing up
- flash 10.1 working (but not showing in market, see end of post...)

1.)

installed aos-update-package downloaded from archos website via usb in recovery mode with full format of the device, as advised by user L0stS0ul (thanks bro!):
L0stS0ul wrote:

3. Booted into recovery (hold down power and volume up for a second as it starts booting) (you will loose everything
- Did a format of the device
- Installed aos over usb (recovery handles this for you. really easy)
- installed the android market via the new 2.2 apk

it's running a LOT better now. I recommend the full format of the data partition in recovery with recovery flashing the aos.

2.)

installed gapps4archos2.apk that user m4rk3t (you the best!) was friendly enough to provide us with:
m4rk3t wrote:The goal is to make it easy to install market on an Archos device: please find below a link to an apk that does it for froyo.
http://rapidshare.com/files/434229115/gApps4Archos2.apk
Note that the former eclair apk will not work.
All you need to do is to:
- put gApps4Archos2.apk file on your Archos disk
- install it by selecting this file using the device file manager
- run the installed package and follow the installation steps

It has been tested on an Archos32it. Please report any issue on other models.

Enjoy!

3.)

deleted the not-working you tube app i installed in step 2, afterwards installed youtube freshly from market. credits go to user ef98dpa (i love you man!):
ef98dpa wrote:I have found a solution for the "youtube problem" at a swedish forum, just follow these simple steps and you are good to go. Might work with other apps aswell(?).

1. Download, install and start "android terminal emulator" from Market
2. Enter below lines in the app and finish each line with an enter

cd /data/test/froyo/system/app
rm YouTube.apk

3. Close the app (back out) and reboot
4. Download YouTube from Market.

Easy as 123(4)! :)

4.)

followed the tutorial user skipol provided us with to see all (really all? see end of post...) apps in the market (you really made may day mate!):
skipol wrote:Most, if not all, of the missing apps - Google Maps, Launcher Pro, etc. - show up in the Market after following the simple procedure described below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7l-nySib ... embedded#!

It works for me.
mild7drftr wrote:Go to: Settings->Applications->Manage Applications

Running Tab->"Market"->Clear Cache->Force Stop

Running Tab->"Google Services Framework"->Clear Data->Force Stop

Reboot

5.)

installed the flah-version from gregmattersen (thanks for sharing!):
gregmattersen wrote:someone want to try this one? (created via backup via Astro on my Droid X, similar CPU/GPU, same chip family as the Archos Gen 8's I've been told)

http://ge.tt/36fA44X

done

so right now, im happy again with my beloved archos 101 :lol:

but still, one question remains in my head:

Not really ALL apps show up in the market, e.g. "Doom Live Wallpaper (beta)" , flash 10.1 by adobe and "Nexus Revamped Live Wallpaper" are still missing... all the other apps mentioned above show up for me (LauncherPro etc.)

can someone confirm this?

if this would be a general issue, caused by market filters ( http://developer.android.com/guide/appe ... lters.html ) i could live with it, but not if i were the only one with this problem...

Cheers to all, and many many thanks again to the users quote above! your help is really appreciated and i love you for you helping me (us) out!
yourgsle
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by yourgsle »

BGMArchos wrote:
Harfainx wrote:If YouTube fails to install from the market, I assume you've installed the gApps4Archos2.apk.

To fix this, . . . download Terminal Emulator and just type in the "rm /data/test/froyo/system/app/YouTube.apk" line, then reboot, and download from the market.
Harfainx,

I'd like to thank you for your information on removing the APK and then doing the download from the market. Obviously, the existing APK caused the issues. This solved the problem for me!
Yepp, worked for me two. Thank you... now I can admire Nataly from Pomplamoose from R E A L L Y close :D
TubenRibbon
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by TubenRibbon »

After many tried still no luck to see the Youtube on market.

Btw my Google Market version 1.82

anyone can help..
netsrek
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by netsrek »

yourgsle wrote:
BGMArchos wrote:

Harfainx,

Yepp, worked for me two. Thank you... now I can admire Nataly from Pomplamoose from R E A L L Y close :D
When i try to enter the command in android terminal emulator it sais: "No such file or directory"
I already installed gApps4archos and rebooted twice right now....
Someone please help me!

Edit: Worked after i checked that YouTube.apk has to be written with the TWO capital letters. Thanx for the tip
Last edited by netsrek on Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JeG
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by JeG »

TubenRibbon wrote:After many tried still no luck to see the Youtube on market.

anyone can help..

did you try that:

skipol wrote:Most, if not all, of the missing apps - Google Maps, Launcher Pro, etc. - show up in the Market after following the simple procedure described below:

It works for me.

works just fine for many of us!

if not: install froyo via usb in recovery mode with full format of the device and try again from the scratch, that WILL help!

BTW: What happens if you search for youtube in appbrain and go to googlemarket from there?
mpar
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by mpar »

JeG - great summary the entire process is in 1 post.

I checked the market for the 3 apps listed & they are not there.
Last edited by mpar on Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
spanish
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by spanish »

So nobody test one of this apk ?

http://www.zshare.net/download/83372358c20d3948/

The zip contains 2 apk, with different gmail and youtube, the rest is identical at original apk on first post.
BGMArchos
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

Post by BGMArchos »

FYI: I'm unable to get the Dictionary.com application to run properly. It starts, but after I type in a word and press the "Search" (magnifying glass) it responds with a "Force Close" or "Report."

I tried uninstalling, re-installing, and it still fails.

Suggested appreciated.
JeG
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by JeG »

JeG wrote:Not really ALL apps show up in the market, e.g. "Doom Live Wallpaper (beta)" , flash 10.1 by adobe and "Nexus Revamped Live Wallpaper" are still missing... all the other apps mentioned above show up for me (LauncherPro etc.)

can someone confirm this?

if this would be a general issue, caused by market filters ( http://developer.android.com/guide/appe ... lters.html ) i could live with it, but not if i were the only one with this problem...

mpar wrote:JeG - great sumary the entire process is in 1 post.

I checked the market for the 3 apps listed & they are not there.

thanks for checking mate!

if its like that for all you folks, maybe we can lean back now, consider the froyo-update as more or less successful, hope for another quick fix from archos (*winkwink* guys) concerning the speed-issues, and put the blame for finding not all the apps on the market filters?

What do you think?
JeG
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by JeG »

spanish wrote:So nobody test one of this apk ?

http://www.zshare.net/download/83372358c20d3948/

The zip contains 2 apk, with different gmail and youtube, the rest is identical at original apk on first post.

thank you for sharing bro! although i didnt check out if it worked to be frankly...

but i found out on my own try that unzipping the file m4rk3t provided, switching the apps in it with other ones and rezipping does not work in general - this always gives an error when trying to install the apk

and that was the way you did it with your file, was it?

this could be due to the above mentioned process changing the checksum of the file or some like that, but im not tekkie enough to really prove / understand this...

cheers and thank you again for the contribution!
spanish
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by spanish »

Thanks, you give me the solution !!!

I'll publish a new version after work, you need to sign the apk :D

http://www.androiddevelopment.org/tag/jarsigner/
http://www.londatiga.net/it/how-to-sign-apk-zip-files/
TubenRibbon
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by TubenRibbon »

Hi Jeg
I tried to reinstalled the Froyo and installed the market file from m4rk3t. Still doesn't show the Youtube application on Market. I just wonder which version of your market show on your tablet?

I have tried appbrain to install the Youtube but it show "The requested item could not be found"

any suggestion?

JeG wrote:
TubenRibbon wrote:After many tried still no luck to see the Youtube on market.

anyone can help..

did you try that:

It works for me.

works just fine for many of us!

if not: install froyo via usb in recovery mode with full format of the device and try again from the scratch, that WILL help!

BTW: What happens if you search for youtube in appbrain and go to googlemarket from there?
spanish
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by spanish »

Ok, the zip contains now 2 apk files, and they are signed :

http://www.zshare.net/download/83405919aaf33814/

Please tell me if it's working :)

edit : new link
Last edited by spanish on Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “General Archos Gen8: Archos 28, 32, 43, 70 and 101 Internet Tablets”