easy market install on Froyo Firmwares: the apk way!

General Gen8 Archos Tablet discussions
kenyu73
Archos User
Archos User

Re: easy market install on froyo 2.0.54 firmware: the apk wa

Post by kenyu73 »

jwest150 wrote: i have been following your progress in creating an app installer but from the feedback i have seen you haven't been able to create a clean one yet. did u create the gapps2Archos2.apk that mrkt posted and is avail at http://www.mediafire.com/?qn43ni6fo7xb2ja ??

you keep posting more and more versions of an installer that don't seem to work stable and flawlessly so why do you keep posting on all the threads and potentially throwing everyone off using what so far is a mostly stable market install? shouldn't you do your due diligence and testing first instead of sending people who aren't quite sure what they are doing on to your installer? Just stop.
Ok, here is some feedback from my other thread "jwest150"... yeah my v1,v2,v3 had a framework bug for some apps, but it still worked! The v4 finished off the last issue I had with this. ( yes I picked good ones only ;) )
rjsison wrote:Tried many ways to fix market and YouTube problems, this is the only way that worked. Thanks!
m-p{3} wrote:Works wonderfully for me. Thanks for making such an efficient and user-friendly package ! :D
mrkniceguy wrote:Dude, you rule! This worked flawlessly for me! I was using the market with the graphic bug so I just wiped and started fresh. Installation went well and the market fix to show apps like LauncherPro worked. It even let me see the Team Coco app, which I had been side loading from my HTC Hero.
lizzen wrote:download and installed v3, no problem market work well, installed youtube by market (2.0.2.6) and work
Hexidecimal wrote:Bit the bullet and loaded up the new app installer. It works perfectly. No more force closes on tweetdeck or when logging into the xda app. Thanks for this.
orenf wrote:I used your v3 (thank you very much!) - it worked well. I have Market + select Google apps on my A70.
whoelse
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by whoelse »

jwest150 wrote:
kenyu73 wrote:I've completed v4 of gAppsInstaller (kenyu73's). This has a stable Market, no GUI defect and the misc Market apps do not FC anymore (WeatherBug, Autozone, OSMonitor, etc).

Best bet is to do a fresh reset if you've been hacking at gApps4Archos.

http://forum.archosfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=63&t=42390

i have been following your progress in creating an app installer but from the feedback i have seen you haven't been able to create a clean one yet. did u create the gapps2Archos2.apk that mrkt posted and is avail at http://www.mediafire.com/?qn43ni6fo7xb2ja ??

you keep posting more and more versions of an installer that don't seem to work stable and flawlessly so why do you keep posting on all the threads and potentially throwing everyone off using what so far is a mostly stable market install? shouldn't you do your due diligence and testing first instead of sending people who aren't quite sure what they are doing on to your installer? Just stop.
Are you smoking something?

I have been using Kenyu's APK and it is working F L A W L E S S L Y. I used the gapps2archos2.apk before, I couldnt update market, youtube is broken need to fix manually and lots of craps loaded with it.

You are talking nuts... stop trolling around [-X
kenyu73
Archos User
Archos User

Post by kenyu73 »

Thanks whoelse!, =D>

[/end-rant]

Oh, btw for those that care... I moved my thread to 'xda-developers': http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthr ... ?p=9711608
kenyu73
Archos User
Archos User

Post by kenyu73 »

Also, the Market glitch in the gApps4Archos2 is caused by the OP using the a 'Low Dots Per Inch (ldpi)' version of the Market. The Market and some other apps come in low, medium and high dpi flavors. The OP has a A32 device and hence the ldpi issue causing the GUI defect (it was made for a small screen).

Not sure if this was ever discussed, so sorry for the repeat if it was.
fanofyou
Archos User
Archos User

Post by fanofyou »

kenyu

I have the original mkt apk installed when i updated to 2.2 -clarify orig for 2.2.
Since yest alot of apps including angry birds, dolphin hd keep disappearing.

will your apk correct this. is there a way to just add your apk and remove the one i have

thx
kenyu73
Archos User
Archos User

Post by kenyu73 »

fanofyou wrote:kenyu

I have the original mkt apk installed when i updated to 2.2 -clarify orig for 2.2.
Since yest alot of apps including angry birds, dolphin hd keep disappearing.

will your apk correct this. is there a way to just add your apk and remove the one i have

thx
Typically, installing over an existing installed Market doesn't work well. You can try and at worst you'd have to reset.

Install my app, click the 'remove' button, reboot, open my app again click' install core apps', reboot... then test. If you get ANY force closes while in the Market, you need to reset and install from scratch.

Any questions, head over to XDA so we don't hijack this thread anymore then I have - http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthr ... ?p=9711608
bhmm
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by bhmm »

whoelse wrote:
jwest150 wrote:
kenyu73 wrote:I've completed v4 of gAppsInstaller (kenyu73's). This has a stable Market, no GUI defect and the misc Market apps do not FC anymore (WeatherBug, Autozone, OSMonitor, etc).

Best bet is to do a fresh reset if you've been hacking at gApps4Archos.

http://forum.archosfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=63&t=42390

i have been following your progress in creating an app installer but from the feedback i have seen you haven't been able to create a clean one yet. did u create the gapps2Archos2.apk that mrkt posted and is avail at http://www.mediafire.com/?qn43ni6fo7xb2ja ??

Are you smoking something?

I have been using Kenyu's APK and it is working F L A W L E S S L Y. I used the gapps2archos2.apk before, I couldnt update market, youtube is broken need to fix manually and lots of craps loaded with it.

You are talking nuts... stop trolling around [-X
Please all ignore this new guy here. He only have 4 posts. He has never contributed to this forum and he is coming here to lecture the people who are at least doing something....
Dude...what were you thinking.... what have done for this community?

Kenyu, you rock...! Keep up the good work...Who esle have compiled easy solution to fix the Market...I only know of you. Other only gaves manuals instuctions ..no Apk. We are greatfull to the OP of the Market Hack..without him we would be nowhere...but as he has done before he does not want to be involved beyond his first posts....up to us to take what he gives us and run with it....and that's what you're doing and it's more than appreciated.
fanofyou
Archos User
Archos User

Post by fanofyou »

Kenyu

Thanks after i started having issues with the version of market apk i had, I installed yours this morning after doing a reset. and it works flawlessly so far. Every app i could not find is now there. Seems like the whole system is running smoother too. (crossing my fingers)

Thanks for your help.
StealthX
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by StealthX »

Kenyu,

Thank you very much for your efforts, they are appreciated! I used your 2.5 version on my A70 and it worked great, no issues.

My only issues with the A70 are that a small number of apps that I can run on my Droid X will not run on the A70, and that the A70 has half the RAM of my X. But for the money the A70 is great. I've shown it to several coworkers, and they have all been impressed.

Cheers,

StealthX
Archos A70S & Motorola Droid X.
kenyu73
Archos User
Archos User

Post by kenyu73 »

StealthX wrote:Kenyu,

Thank you very much for your efforts, they are appreciated! I used your 2.5 version on my A70 and it worked great, no issues.

My only issues with the A70 are that a small number of apps that I can run on my Droid X will not run on the A70, and that the A70 has half the RAM of my X. But for the money the A70 is great. I've shown it to several coworkers, and they have all been impressed.

Cheers,

StealthX
Install the v4.. it fixes the issue with apps that dont run. You can try a re-install over the 2.5, but a reset would be recommended.
StealthX
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by StealthX »

kenyu73 wrote:
StealthX wrote:Kenyu,

Cheers,

StealthX
Install the v4.. it fixes the issue with apps that dont run. You can try a re-install over the 2.5, but a reset would be recommended.
Any idea if WeatherBug Elite is one of the apps that works in v4, but not in v2.5? I get FC's when I run it. I may try v4 with a factory reset, be be more selective about what I install on it.

Thanks.
kenyu73
Archos User
Archos User

Post by kenyu73 »

StealthX wrote: Any idea if WeatherBug Elite is one of the apps that works in v4, but not in v2.5? I get FC's when I run it. I may try v4 with a factory reset, be be more selective about what I install on it.

Thanks.
It works. That was one of the apps I used also. Runs fine now.
StealthX
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by StealthX »

kenyu73 wrote:It works. That was one of the apps I used also. Runs fine now.
OK, I'll do a factory reset, then use v4 and reinstall apps selectively over time. Something is pegging the cpu at 100% not long after a reboot. Using Android System Info and SystemPanel it isn't obvious what the culprit is. I'll post another message after the reinstall, but it won't be until later in the day.

Thanks again.

Begin factory reset...
StealthX
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by StealthX »

A quick update. I did a "Full reinitialization" of the A70, then installed gAppsInstaller_v4.apk, and ran it. The A70 is nice and responsive again now. (BTW, I actually used v3, not v2.5, earlier in the week after the A70 arrived.) The first app I reinstalled is WeatherBug Elite, and it does indeed work now. :D
kenyu73
Archos User
Archos User

Post by kenyu73 »

StealthX wrote:
kenyu73 wrote:It works. That was one of the apps I used also. Runs fine now.
OK, I'll do a factory reset, then use v4 and reinstall apps selectively over time. Something is pegging the cpu at 100% not long after a reboot. Using Android System Info and SystemPanel it isn't obvious what the culprit is. I'll post another message after the reinstall, but it won't be until later in the day.

Thanks again.

Begin factory reset...
Next time try OSMonitor. It's just like Windows Task Manager. You can sort by CPU (load). I know when my CPU is maxed, its' usually /system/bin/mediaserver. It's used to index your internal and sdcard files. I think other apps can use it to for network stuff.
StealthX
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by StealthX »

[quote="kenyu73"Next time try OSMonitor. It's just like Windows Task Manager. You can sort by CPU (load). I know when my CPU is maxed, its' usually /system/bin/mediaserver. It's used to index your internal and sdcard files. I think other apps can use it to for network stuff.[/quote]

Thanks for the suggestion. I installed it on my A70 and DX, it has lots of useful information. At the moment I'm installing apps and monitoring the cpu usage with Temp_CPU Pro in an attempt to locate the hogs.
StealthX
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by StealthX »

This time around Adobe Flash is not showing up in Market. I did do this:

Setting-->Manage Applications-->All-->Market (Clear Cache then 'Force Stop' -- DO NOT clear data)
Setting-->Manage Applications-->All-->Google Services Framework (Clear data then 'Force Stop')

After which LauncherPro started showing up in Market.

Any ideas?
kenyu73
Archos User
Archos User

Post by kenyu73 »

StealthX wrote:This time around Adobe Flash is not showing up in Market. I did do this:

Setting-->Manage Applications-->All-->Market (Clear Cache then 'Force Stop' -- DO NOT clear data)
Setting-->Manage Applications-->All-->Google Services Framework (Clear data then 'Force Stop')

After which LauncherPro started showing up in Market.

Any ideas?
No clue. It seems the clear cache method has different results all around. I had Flash show up initially, I installed it then it disappeared from the Market. Sometimes I have to do the Market fix over after it was working.

Try running the Market fix again.. then again and again.. Until it shows up. I've heard that sometimes works. Someday soon I'll research why the Market does what it does and hopefully find a perm fix.
appman
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by appman »

A simple explaination please
New to the forum; I just received my 101 yesterday 12/9 and have upgraded to FROYO with out a hitch. My next goal is to add the Android Market and while I have read the how to here, as I am new to Android, as I suspect many who have migrated from Windows and Apple are, I donÔÇÖt have the slightest idea how to ÔÇ£file on your Archos diskÔÇØ as in step 1
ÔÇ£ put gApps4Archos2.apk file on your Archos diskÔÇØ. Similarly, ÔÇ£selecting this file using the device file managerÔÇØ as in step 2 ÔÇ£- install it by selecting this file using the device file managerÔÇØ scares me to death. Lastly, could some one explain ÔÇ£runÔÇØ as in step 3 ÔÇ£- run the installed package and follow the installation stepsÔÇØ. Is this a click a ÔÇ£run boxÔÇØ as in windows or will I be going to a place I have never gone before?

I now my regular guy , uninformed, absence of knowledge is probably annoying but I would be grateful for an simple explanation as well as perhaps a source I could study to educate myself to the miracles of Android and new (to me) terms.
kenyu73
Archos User
Archos User

Post by kenyu73 »

appman wrote:A simple explaination please
New to the forum; I just received my 101 yesterday 12/9 and have upgraded to FROYO with out a hitch. My next goal is to add the Android Market and while I have read the how to here, as I am new to Android, as I suspect many who have migrated from Windows and Apple are, I donÔÇÖt have the slightest idea how to ÔÇ£file on your Archos diskÔÇØ as in step 1
ÔÇ£ put gApps4Archos2.apk file on your Archos diskÔÇØ. Similarly, ÔÇ£selecting this file using the device file managerÔÇØ as in step 2 ÔÇ£- install it by selecting this file using the device file managerÔÇØ scares me to death. Lastly, could some one explain ÔÇ£runÔÇØ as in step 3 ÔÇ£- run the installed package and follow the installation stepsÔÇØ. Is this a click a ÔÇ£run boxÔÇØ as in windows or will I be going to a place I have never gone before?

I now my regular guy , uninformed, absence of knowledge is probably annoying but I would be grateful for an simple explanation as well as perhaps a source I could study to educate myself to the miracles of Android and new (to me) terms.
I'd recommend reading though the thread here and then read though the posts here http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=867303

The later is my appsInstaller which I think is better then this one, but you decide.. ;)

Return to “General Archos Gen8: Archos 28, 32, 43, 70 and 101 Internet Tablets”