easy market install on Froyo Firmwares: the apk way!

General Gen8 Archos Tablet discussions
Post Reply
mild7drftr
Archos Novice
Archos Novice
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:55 pm

Re: easy market install on froyo 2.0.54 firmware: the apk wa

Post by mild7drftr »

e4archos wrote:I've also repacked the gapps4archos2.apk

I just took all of the apk's that were originally in the package and replaced them with the apk's from cyanogens gapps package. I can't test it for another two hours or so, but if anyone wants me to up it for them I can.
Yes, please! :)
weedahoe
Archos Expert
Archos Expert
Posts: 234
Joined: Tue Nov 23, 2010 5:34 pm

Re: easy market install on froyo 2.0.54 firmware: the apk wa

Post by weedahoe »

cajl wrote:i reinit the 10.1
install the firmware
copy the apk
install the apk
and just "remove application"

have you a solution ?
uninstall it, reinstall it and reboot when it tells you to. When it boots back up it should ask for your google email and pass info
spanish
Archos Novice
Archos Novice
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:41 pm

Re: easy market install on froyo 2.0.54 firmware: the apk wa

Post by spanish »

mild7drftr wrote:
e4archos wrote:I've also repacked the gapps4archos2.apk

I just took all of the apk's that were originally in the package and replaced them with the apk's from cyanogens gapps package. I can't test it for another two hours or so, but if anyone wants me to up it for them I can.
Yes, please! :)
You can already test mine some post before if you want :)
e4archos
Archos Novice
Archos Novice
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:15 pm

Re: easy market install on froyo 2.0.54 firmware: the apk wa

Post by e4archos »

mild7drftr wrote:
e4archos wrote:I've also repacked the gapps4archos2.apk

I just took all of the apk's that were originally in the package and replaced them with the apk's from cyanogens gapps package. I can't test it for another two hours or so, but if anyone wants me to up it for them I can.
Yes, please! :)
http://www.mediafire.com/?z6rilb77xlpc9fz

Let me know how it works
A101IT
Nexus One
JeG
Archos Novice
Archos Novice
Posts: 47
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:36 pm

Re: easy market install on froyo 2.0.54 firmware: the apk wa

Post by JeG »

ef98dpa wrote:I have found a solution for the "youtube problem" at a swedish forum, just follow these simple steps and you are good to go. Might work with other apps aswell(?).

1. Download, install and start "android terminal emulator" from Market
2. Enter below lines in the app and finish each line with an enter

cd /data/test/froyo/system/app
rm YouTube.apk

3. Close the app (back out) and reboot
4. Download YouTube from Market.

Easy as 123(4)! :)

excellent!!!

thank you guys, i got my 101 back!

=D>

market working, youtube working... i┬┤m off customizing 8)
675 Trip
Archos Novice
Archos Novice
Posts: 32
Joined: Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:27 pm

Re: easy market install on froyo 2.0.54 firmware: the apk wa

Post by 675 Trip »

mild7drftr wrote:
skipol wrote:Most, if not all, of the missing apps - Google Maps, Launcher Pro, etc. - show up in the Market after following the simple procedure described below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7l-nySib ... embedded#!

It works for me.
I can confirm that it did have an effect!

Several notable Google applications now show up for me :o

I have summarized the steps so I can save everyone 9 minutes of their life. 8)

Go to: Settings->Applications->Manage Applications

Running Tab->"Market"->Clear Cache->Force Stop

Running Tab->"Google Services Framework"->Clear Data->Force Stop

Reboot
Just saved me a full wipe... Very well done both of you.
mild7drftr
Archos Novice
Archos Novice
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:55 pm

Re: easy market install on froyo 2.0.54 firmware: the apk wa

Post by mild7drftr »

e4archos wrote:
mild7drftr wrote:
e4archos wrote:I've also repacked the gapps4archos2.apk

I just took all of the apk's that were originally in the package and replaced them with the apk's from cyanogens gapps package. I can't test it for another two hours or so, but if anyone wants me to up it for them I can.
Yes, please! :)
http://www.mediafire.com/?z6rilb77xlpc9fz

Let me know how it works
Thanks for that! I am going to try from a full clean restore. I will let you all know how it goes in a bit...
e4archos
Archos Novice
Archos Novice
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:15 pm

Re: easy market install on froyo 2.0.54 firmware: the apk wa

Post by e4archos »

mild7drftr wrote:Thanks for that! I am going to try from a full clean restore. I will let you all know how it goes in a bit...
Cross your fingers... :D
A101IT
Nexus One
mild7drftr
Archos Novice
Archos Novice
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:55 pm

Re: easy market install on froyo 2.0.54 firmware: the apk wa

Post by mild7drftr »

e4archos wrote:
mild7drftr wrote:Thanks for that! I am going to try from a full clean restore. I will let you all know how it goes in a bit...
Cross your fingers... :D
I don't have my charging adapter with me so I have to wait until I get home :(
alessandro
Archos Novice
Archos Novice
Posts: 16
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:29 pm

Re: easy market install on froyo 2.0.54 firmware: the apk wa

Post by alessandro »

Is there a new version of a collection GApps? With newest Flash Player, working Market, working Google Sync, Maps 4.7, working Youtube and so on?

I only have all of these in a single apk :(
e4archos
Archos Novice
Archos Novice
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:15 pm

Re: easy market install on froyo 2.0.54 firmware: the apk wa

Post by e4archos »

alessandro wrote:Is there a new version of a collection GApps? With newest Flash Player, working Market, working Google Sync, Maps 4.7, working Youtube and so on?

I only have all of these in a single apk :(
Not sure yet. I updated the original gapps4archos2.apk with the new apk files from cyanogen - still waiting to see if it worked. Flash is not included in the package (you can find the link a few posts up)
A101IT
Nexus One
kingtigre
Archos Novice
Archos Novice
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:48 am

Re: easy market install on froyo 2.0.54 firmware: the apk wa

Post by kingtigre »

I downloaded the updated file but it's a zip. Do I rename .apk?
Timmio
Archos Novice
Archos Novice
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:39 pm

Re: easy market install on froyo 2.0.54 firmware: the apk wa

Post by Timmio »

ef98dpa wrote:I have found a solution for the "youtube problem" at a swedish forum, just follow these simple steps and you are good to go. Might work with other apps aswell(?).

1. Download, install and start "android terminal emulator" from Market
2. Enter below lines in the app and finish each line with an enter

cd /data/test/froyo/system/app
rm YouTube.apk

3. Close the app (back out) and reboot
4. Download YouTube from Market.

Easy as 123(4)! :)

THANKS!!! This worked! Toke just 2 minutes and a reboot after deleting the youtube file. Now i've got the newest updated original youtube app on my Archos 101it with Froyo.
e4archos
Archos Novice
Archos Novice
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:15 pm

Re: easy market install on froyo 2.0.54 firmware: the apk wa

Post by e4archos »

kingtigre wrote:I downloaded the updated file but it's a zip. Do I rename .apk?
Yes, that's my mistake, I didn't rename it from .zip to .apk.
A101IT
Nexus One
Jos_mp12
Archos Novice
Archos Novice
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:44 pm

Re: easy market install on froyo 2.0.54 firmware: the apk wa

Post by Jos_mp12 »

Gahh..it doesn't work for me. I'll download the apk then it'll say that the application have been installed. So I reboot the system, click on market, then it goes to a blank white screen and then goes back to the home screen... I made sure my firmware was up to date and everything. I've tried uninstalling it then reinstalling it at least 5 times..anyone have any idea what's wrong?
kingtigre
Archos Novice
Archos Novice
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:48 am

Re: easy market install on froyo 2.0.54 firmware: the apk wa

Post by kingtigre »

e4archos wrote:
kingtigre wrote:I downloaded the updated file but it's a zip. Do I rename .apk?
Yes, that's my mistake, I didn't rename it from .zip to .apk.
OK Tried it.

"Problem Parsing the Package."
e4archos
Archos Novice
Archos Novice
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:15 pm

Re: easy market install on froyo 2.0.54 firmware: the apk wa

Post by e4archos »

kingtigre wrote:
e4archos wrote:
kingtigre wrote:I downloaded the updated file but it's a zip. Do I rename .apk?
Yes, that's my mistake, I didn't rename it from .zip to .apk.
OK Tried it.

"Problem Parsing the Package."
That's weird - I'm looking at the two packages here and they're identical with the exception of the apk's I replaced. Thanks for giving it a shot, I'll have to work on it some more when I get home and can do some testing myself.
A101IT
Nexus One
Sylph
Archos User
Archos User
Posts: 88
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:33 am

Re: easy market install on froyo 2.0.54 firmware: the apk wa

Post by Sylph »

skipol wrote:Most, if not all, of the missing apps - Google Maps, Launcher Pro, etc. - show up in the Market after following the simple procedure described below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7l-nySib ... embedded#!

It works for me.
Works for archos 70 :D :D :D

Thank you very much!
FZelle
Archos Guru
Archos Guru
Posts: 653
Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:07 pm

Re: easy market install on froyo 2.0.54 firmware: the apk wa

Post by FZelle »

@Jos_mp12:
The APK installs the Market Installer.
After Install you have to run the app once, than the thing is working.
mild7drftr
Archos Novice
Archos Novice
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:55 pm

Re: easy market install on froyo 2.0.54 firmware: the apk wa

Post by mild7drftr »

e4archos wrote:That's weird - I'm looking at the two packages here and they're identical with the exception of the apk's I replaced. Thanks for giving it a shot, I'll have to work on it some more when I get home and can do some testing myself.
Same here, no go.
Post Reply

Return to “General Archos Gen8: Archos 28, 32, 43, 70 and 101 Internet Tablets”