List of Bluetooth tethering phones that work on Froyo

General Gen8 Archos Tablet discussions
tECHNGRO
Archos User
Archos User

Re: List of Bluetooth tethering phones that work on Froyo

Post by tECHNGRO »

Yes, can those of you who have successfully tethered their Archos please post the steps that you took (you can just edit your original posts). I have tried different programs on my rooted Cliq (Wireless Tether, Barnacle Wifi, PDANet) with no success at all. I am starting to think that my A70 is the problem.

Here is what I have done:

On Phone:
Go to Settings > Wireless > Bluetooth On
Bluetooth Settings > Discoverable ON
It automatically recognizes my A70, but says "Paired but not connected"

I try to Connect, but it will not.
aleis
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by aleis »

really would like those droid x 2.2 bluetooth settings...
ViPaSoft
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by ViPaSoft »

Is anyone able to tell me whether I can tether my T-Mobile Pulse to my A70.

My TMob Pulse is running a custom MODOCO rom 2.1 and I'm on Froyo with the A70.

If it is possible can anyone point me in the direction of some simple instructions. I've tried Barnacle WiFi Tether and Barnacle WiFi Legacy and can't get either to work.

I'm probably just a big idiot and doing something simple completely wrong.

Thanks in advance.
Archos Elements Titanium 97HD
kkti
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by kkti »

Succesfuly connected to Nokia 6700 classic

Phone:
Nokia 6700 classic
system Nokia Series 40 6th Edition

Tablet:
A70 firmware 2.0.54
Android 2.2.1

Bluetooth tethering using PAN.
Vito
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Archos 101 tethering

Post by Vito »

Hello to all! First of all I'm new to this forum, so excuse my unprofessionalism. ;) I first saw the 7 and 101 archos tablets here in Belgium and decided to get the 101 for general use like reading ebooks, updating ecommerce sites and taking it to work so nobody would notice it when it's on my desk. 8)

Now my question is, I like to tether the Archos 101 with my phone ( I broke my old phone so I'll have to get the new one ) and my question for you is who had good experience with these models:

- Samsung i5800 apollo
- Samsung wave
- HTC wildfire
- Nokia C6

What device would work best to tether the Archos 101 in order to use EDGE / 3G and HSDPA?

If you guys have other sugestions on compatible phones ( in a pricerange of 200-250 euro ) please feel free to make sugestions.

Thanks in advance!!! ;)
notlocalhorst
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Re: Archos 101 tethering

Post by notlocalhorst »

I tried it yesterday with my HTC Desire ...

Bluetooth: no
USB: no
Wifi: yes

I'm wondering why USB is not working ... it works out of the box on my Linux systems, and it seems the Archos is using the same stuff (dun0) to do it ... Help!? :-)
notlocalhorst
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by notlocalhorst »

Hajile_Ibushi
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by Hajile_Ibushi »

If your phone has bluetooth DUN support, it should work.

A lot of the guys here have just been hacking their phones to unlock the tether function (hidden by their phone carriers). Experience of non-carrier locked phone owners may vary.
notlocalhorst
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by notlocalhorst »

I can do wifi or usb tether on a laptop, so nothing is disabled (my provider allows it even! :-) ). It seems that the bt connection is rather tricky. Right now i'm at work, i will try it again later ....
Artemis
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by Artemis »

I have a Desire and I use the Hotspot function in 2.2 which I then find on the 101T. I heard that the USB doesn't work because the usb connection is formatted for hard drives, not equipment (like webcams etc).

Is there a way to get internet through bluetooth from the desire to 101T?

cheers
bbut
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by bbut »

iPhone4 os4.1 works w A70 froyo flawlessly n to my surprise, the speed is quite a bit faster than I expect too.

I had some issues at first as I had to reboot A70 everytime I had to reenable tethering w iPhone4, then I uninstalled a pgm or two (which I forgot what they r) n I can turn on n off tether at will as it should.

Now really enjoying using my A70 everywhere on the move n my iPad is starting to gather dust at home n stop hurting my wrist, u know what I mean. Steve Job is definitely wrong on the perfect size n weight for a pad. Now I feel I gain one more arm, hand n fingers to use, ha! =D
witty147n
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by witty147n »

Dun know if this information is useful to you guys but i did BT tethering from my iphone.
Took me a while to figure it out.
1)u need to enable tethering features in your phone.
2)i did a pairing of the device to my A101. It will say Paire but not connected
3)Then u go to the Bluetooth Settings in A101 to setup a PAN Profile that uses your phone
4) Check the Enable Tethering in the Bluetooth Setting pages and it will try to connect to your phone.
5) Once it says connected, Bingo surf the net through the phone 3G services :)
lordofwisconsin
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by lordofwisconsin »

Phone: Droid Eris (Rooted)
Carrier: Verizon

Unable to connect using Bluetooth- pairs but not connected.

Actually I am unable to connect my phone to my 101 at all. Not using usb, wifi (I know this doesn't work anyway) or blue tooth.

Anyone know a verizon trick? Seems like I should have bought a moto droid! Tons of links for that.
ruinah
Archos User
Archos User

Post by ruinah »

lordofwisconsin wrote:Phone: Droid Eris (Rooted)
Carrier: Verizon

Unable to connect using Bluetooth- pairs but not connected.

Actually I am unable to connect my phone to my 101 at all. Not using usb, wifi (I know this doesn't work anyway) or blue tooth.

Anyone know a verizon trick? Seems like I should have bought a moto droid! Tons of links for that.
same issue, rooted droid 1. It pairs but never connects. When I try to tether with WIreless tether I select bluetooth and never see my phone as an option. Worked fine in 2.1. :evil:
netsrek
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by netsrek »

Phone: Nokia E72

App: None
Using standard bluetooth

Device:A101

Works very good. From now on i only have to enable bluetooth on my phone, after that enable bluetooth on my 101, and then hit the thetherbutton on the energywidget on the homescreen.
Done :)
Pallstar
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by Pallstar »

USCellular Touch Pro 2 with Energy ROM works great. APN Uscc, username and password blank.

Pairs up fine.

Do not use the built in Share Internet on the phone. Just leave it alone. Use the tether request on the tablet instead.

Will test with Stock ROM as I have to send my phone in for repairs (Extreme cold to extreme warm while entering my car shattered my glass)

Edit: Stock Rom is not allowing it. I will change a few settings that might be getting in the way, but it seems to be blocked.
Last edited by Pallstar on Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- A101|16GB owner -
Slapfireguy
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by Slapfireguy »

:)
bbut wrote:iPhone4 os4.1 works w A70 froyo flawlessly n to my surprise, the speed is quite a bit faster than I expect too.

I had some issues at first as I had to reboot A70 everytime I had to reenable tethering w iPhone4, then I uninstalled a pgm or two (which I forgot what they r) n I can turn on n off tether at will as it should.

Now really enjoying using my A70 everywhere on the move n my iPad is starting to gather dust at home n stop hurting my wrist, u know what I mean. Steve Job is definitely wrong on the perfect size n weight for a pad. Now I feel I gain one more arm, hand n fingers to use, ha! =D
Hi: This is great to know that you were successful in tethering with the iPhone 4. WOULD YOU PLEASE PUBLISH THE STEPS IN DETAILTHAT ALLOWED YOU TO DO THIS? Thank you very much. :D :D
James800
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by James800 »

Pallstar wrote:USCellular Touch Pro 2 with Energy ROM works great. APN Uscc, username and password blank.

Pairs up fine.

Do not use the built in Share Internet on the phone. Just leave it alone. Use the tether request on the tablet instead.

Will test with Stock ROM as I have to send my phone in for repairs (Extreme cold to extreme warm while entering my car shattered my glass)

Edit: Stock Rom is not allowing it. I will change a few settings that might be getting in the way, but it seems to be blocked.
Paired up my A101 via bluetooth on a Sprint TP2 running the Energy ROM. APN internet.com user name and password blank.

Thanks for the tip on not using internet sharing on the phone. I never could get it connected that way! worked just fine when I did it from the A101.
A101 froyo
Sprint TP2 Energy ROM
Nomar
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by Nomar »

Phone: E71
Network: 3UK
Archos 101 running Froyo
connect via bluetooth tethering

had lots of problems trying to get it to connect to the net via my E71, it was so frustrating, i almost took it back to the shop for a refund, finally figured it out, 3UK do not allow multiple connecting, so i had to manually disconnect the current active 3G connection, then activate tethering on the 101, it will then connect via modem connection on my E71!
Archos_101_Noob
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by Archos_101_Noob »

witty:

I did excatly what you are stating and still no dice...is your iPhone jailbroken? Mine isn't..its factory, and I have purchased the tethering option...

Thanks!

Return to “General Archos Gen8: Archos 28, 32, 43, 70 and 101 Internet Tablets”