Clicks and glitches playing music on SD Card

World's cheapest basic PMP device
miguel.camara
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Clicks and glitches playing music on SD Card

Post by miguel.camara »

First and foremost, a big hello to the community. I'm a newbie here, and I wanted to share the problems I have had with my archos 43 device. Any advice will be more than welcome :)

My device has 8GB of internal memory and the slot for the SD card. I can play without a problem the music stored in the internal memory, but when I play the music in the SD card I often hear clicks and glitches. I know it's not a card problem, it happens with various cards that can be played well in other devices.

To play the mp3 stored in the SD card, I have to go through the "Files" menu; otherwise, using the "Music" menu, the system does not detect the card. Can both problems be related?

I have tried to download the latest firmware from the official web, but I don't find it. When I try to update it via "Settings -> System -> Update", the system pops up the following message "Firmware not found". What's wrong here?

I don't know if all of this is normal or would be solved with a firmware update. Is there any way I can do it manually? Any piece of advice or solution will be appreciated :)

Thanks in advance,
miguel.camara
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Re: Clicks and glitches playing music on SD Card

Post by miguel.camara »

I bought it on Pixmania... So you can figure out the mess I will have to do to return it...

Return to “Archos 43 Vision”