Should you buy the 43 vision? Here's my opinion...

World's cheapest basic PMP device
surreydude
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Should you buy the 43 vision? Here's my opinion...

Post by surreydude »

I've been an archos owner for some time now. I started with the Jukebox, had a 405 and now own a 43 vision.

In short, I have to say, I think my time as an archos owner is coming to an end. Although tempted by the new tablet range - mainly because they run android o/s and I'm an HTC android owner too - I have to say that purchasing the 43 vision has left me annoyed.

I've had it for more than six months now and have a 32gb micro sd card in it. It promises to be the ideal compact mp3/4 player for my daily commute but here are the main detractors for me:

- The touch screen. It's so random, I wonder how the product team came to the conclusion that this was acceptable to a user. As we all become very familiar with touchscreen interfaces, this is woefully bad. My pet hate is adjusting the volume down only to be blasted with full volume...

- No firmware updates. At all. Ever.

- Ordering files on the SD card. A question for you, Archos: when has ordering files by their modified time *ever* been the way you want to look for files on your 32gb memory card...?!?!

- Limited EQ control. I use a pair of B&O earphones to get better low volume sound quality and better EQ control would be great.

Having said that, I do like the playback. Nice rendering and sound quality is OK if a bit limited. But overall, I just want a usable MP3/4 player that isn't wifi enabled. This doesn't pass muster.

Sorry, but I give this a thumbs down. Look elsewhere for better low cost tech.

Return to “Archos 43 Vision”