This Is Where Archos Got Their 43 Vision

World's cheapest basic PMP device
Cyberpunk
Archos User
Archos User

This Is Where Archos Got Their 43 Vision

Post by Cyberpunk »

http://www.circuitcity.com/applications ... CatId=4512

The 43 Vision is actually a piece of Chinese crap that's been around for a couple years. I have the Prolynkz version I got about a year ago at CC.com (see link above-scroll down to see several detailed pics). All of a sudden they disappeared from every source and then 6 months later it shows up with Archos name on it and slightly different firmware. I paid 79 bones for it. Every complaint I've read for the Vision is identical to what I've experienced with this. That being said, its not half bad for 79 bones. MP3 sound through headphones with EQ settings is wicked and vid quality is pretty decent for what it is. Touch screen is a pain with finger but works fairly decent with a stylus although a bit inconsistent. I think it was originally made for a stylus pen.
Jim, I'm a Dr not an Archos hacker!
Archosian2020
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Re: This Is Where Archos Got Their 43 Vision

Post by Archosian2020 »

Cyberpunk wrote:http://www.circuitcity.com/applications ... CatId=4512

The 43 Vision is actually a piece of Chinese crap that's been around for a couple years. I have the Prolynkz version I got about a year ago at CC.com (see link above-scroll down to see several detailed pics). All of a sudden they disappeared from every source and then 6 months later it shows up with Archos name on it and slightly different firmware. I paid 79 bones for it. Every complaint I've read for the Vision is identical to what I've experienced with this. That being said, its not half bad for 79 bones. MP3 sound through headphones with EQ settings is wicked and vid quality is pretty decent for what it is. Touch screen is a pain with finger but works fairly decent with a stylus although a bit inconsistent. I think it was originally made for a stylus pen.
Archos never seizes to amaze me. They could have included the FM radio tuner in their own version.
Lord_galathon
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Re: This Is Where Archos Got Their 43 Vision

Post by Lord_galathon »

I have to disagree, yes from outside the units look very similar, however the Archos' LCD screen is much better than the one in the other unit. Also the touchscreen is more precise on the Archos.

I should know; I've had the local version of the Prolynks (It's called MP4i here). Same specs with FM, dual out, etc.

Also the Archos doesn't have any image/sound sync issues, the MP4i does, it makes it useless as a video player.

In fact, I only use the MP4i in my car, as an MP3 player.

Return to “Archos 43 Vision”