available memory

7", $179 for 2GB, $186 for 8GB in the USA, 149Ôé¼ in Europe
gsteruk
Archos User
Archos User

available memory

Post by gsteruk »

Hi all,

Running Estrong Task Manager in the 7HT for the first time, and i noticed that it says i have only 40mb approx available memory. when i check the storage details it says i have 6GB left of application space, but only 31mb of system storage. not knowing much about this device yet - do these numbers look normal??

cheers all

gster
pettipiere
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

Re: available memory

Post by pettipiere »

This is my reason for running the updated firmware - 189mb!
Yes those number sound right one area is for installing (and running) apps
The other is more for data.

Cheers,

Chris
www.a7ht.co.cc for firmware
gsteruk
Archos User
Archos User

Re: available memory

Post by gsteruk »

thanks chris

i did have himselfs latest, but decided to go back to stock. my main reason for tryin the 0.27 was the mount.apk to allow me to stream video across my lan, but alas it doesnt work for me. i noticed the larger space available using the 0.27 which is why i panic'd when i saw those low numbers lol

i had been thinking of returning the 7HT, as i find the scaling methods in the video method to be rather bizarre - it seems to scale up the vertical and then the horizontal, meaning theres a fair bit of cropping and ugly resizing artifacts. but, ive decided to write my own application to transcode video to the correct size (chosen by the app). there are a few good convertors out there, but many favour mp4 over avi, i would like to keep them as avi - hence the need to write my own (software developer by trade lol)

if im happy with it, i may post it to the forum - see if anyone can get some use from it - the tests ive ran really do seem to bring the best out of the screen (in my biased opinion lol)

cheers chris

Return to “Archos 7 Home Tablet”