Best Video App

7", $179 for 2GB, $186 for 8GB in the USA, 149Ôé¼ in Europe
gsteruk
Archos User
Archos User

Best Video App

Post by gsteruk »

Hey all,

Just wondered what everyone is using to play vids? i find the built in app pretty poor when it comes to scaling vids, stream video player seems to cope quite well - anyone else use anythin thats good?

cheers

gster
geetee1
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Re: Best Video App

Post by geetee1 »

hi, i convert all AVI film,s/video files with xilisoft video converter (set for archos MP4) and believe me i view them with stock video player and the picture,s full screen and excellent quality......graham.
gsteruk
Archos User
Archos User

Post by gsteruk »

thanks graham, thats good to know. can i ask, what output size do u specify? i seem to be having problems in that the video will play in a small size in the center of the screen, the videos actual size - but when i use the arrows to scale, it just looks awful - no matter which scaling option i choose. also what settings do u use for conversion?

thanks a lot graham

regards

gster
geetee1
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by geetee1 »

gsteruk wrote:thanks graham, thats good to know. can i ask, what output size do u specify? i seem to be having problems in that the video will play in a small size in the center of the screen, the videos actual size - but when i use the arrows to scale, it just looks awful - no matter which scaling option i choose. also what settings do u use for conversion?

thanks a lot graham

regards

gster

hi, i use XILISOFT video converter ultimate 6...setting,s..... in profile dropdown, select PNP then archos mpeg4 (automatically select,s 800x400)....i,ve never had to use the scaling option since using program, full screen every time and like i said makes excellent use of the stock media player (and iv,e tried a few).....graham.

ps:- it,s even got an option to add subtitles :D
gsteruk
Archos User
Archos User

Post by gsteruk »

thanks geetee, do u save output as avi or mp4?

cheers

gster
geetee1
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by geetee1 »

hi, Automatically output,s/save,s as mp4......g

Return to “Archos 7 Home Tablet”