Yet Another Root'd update.img available V0.28 for A7HT V1

7", $179 for 2GB, $186 for 8GB in the USA, 149Ôé¼ in Europe
gsteruk
Archos User
Archos User

Re: Yet Another Root'd update.img available V0.27

Post by gsteruk »

hey all,

where can i download the RKAndroid loader? and the drivers? cant see em anywhere.....dense i know sorry!!

cheers

gsteruk
whispers
Archos User
Archos User

Post by whispers »

@gsteruk

you can try here for the RKAndroid

http://www.findthatfile.com/search-1058 ... ng-zip.htm

Oh The drivers will be included in that zipfile By the way :)
Dont fear the Reaper
gsteruk
Archos User
Archos User

Post by gsteruk »

brilliant whispers, thanks very much :-)
whispers
Archos User
Archos User

Post by whispers »

Your welcome :)

Dont forget after you power off the device you Lock the device push slider all the way to right

Some people forgot that step and things failed.

And dont panic if you only see a splash screen with the gears for about 4 minutes when its done
That is normal before you see the calibration screen again.
Dont fear the Reaper
kaan
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by kaan »

I did the update but the welcome screen with 00:27 v image freezes and stays there if I connect to the pc does not recognize. What should I do?
gsteruk
Archos User
Archos User

Post by gsteruk »

thanks whispers, got it flashed, market working all is good

well - maybe not lol the video quality, i must say im not very impressed with. at the movies own res, its ok - but the scaling of the built in scaling is pretty woeful. i dont know if this is due to the upgrade - ive only just got the player and first thing i did was to flash it....
whispers
Archos User
Archos User

Post by whispers »

@gsteruk

Congrats on that :)

hm i did not notice any change in video to be honest.
and besides i dont make it a habbit to use HD all the times i prefer to watch alot many more hours of video.

do you have maps working as well ?

@Kaan

Can you go through the steps of what you did
Did you power off the device like it said as well.

Also when you connect the pc with it unlocked it will ask you if you want to format the new drive you say yes
leave it at fat32 and i set size to default allocation.

Well usually its normal for the screen to freeze like that after the upgrade since the firmware takes longer on the 027
if you wait anywhere within 5 minutes the calibration screen should come up.

Dont worry if yo mess anything up, you can always flash it back to default image from the archos site or use another fw.
i am using 026 at the moment as i tried 027 but went about it all wrong with the maps and market place that time.
Dont fear the Reaper
gsteruk
Archos User
Archos User

Post by gsteruk »

thanks whispers :)

as for maps - i must say i didnt try, i used the market install from the 0.26 version as 0.27 worked....but wouldnt actually let me download anything.

if i wanted at some point to return to the stock firmware, would it just be a case of copying the stock img files to the root as outlined on the archos site?

as much as it pains me, im really not sure if ill keep the 7HT. i cant get over the fact that the 605 wifi was actually a much better and more versatile player. video quality is my main gripe, its really not impressing me at all. if a video is smaller than 800 wide (which all of mine are), it doesnt seem to scale as i would expect. id expect it to scale the horizontal up to 800, and the vertical by the same ratio - but it doesnt seem to do this. all this leads to pretty horrible results. Id rather not have to reencode my entire library, the 605 played them perfectly - so why should a newer more advanced player struggle?

any hints for my video woes folks?

cheers all

gster
whispers
Archos User
Archos User

Post by whispers »

@gsteruk

Yes gsteruk you can revert back to the stock image i did it once myselt using the RKAndroid loader:)

Lol

i feel the same way, i mean when i compare the archos5IT to the 7HT i really prefer the 5IT alot more.

The only reason i got the 7HT was i also like some of you got tired of waiting for the and the 101.

Just last night i decided to watch a streaming movie from my computer and the archos5IT gives me alot more options.
i can watch and navigate through all folders from the built in video player.
i can not do that at all with the 7HT and its very annoying.i wish i could find a player that actually works like the default of the 5IT.

The streaming player only lets me watch a movie link.and if i try to play movies from the server
from the web browser forget it that wont work either.

For example try TVersity Movie Server and you will see what i mean.you can browse your movie collection from the default player
over the network on the 5IT but not the 7HT,Anyone have any thoughts on this please

(Please help me if anyone comes up with an idea for that)
Dont fear the Reaper
gsteruk
Archos User
Archos User

Post by gsteruk »

ah so would i need to use the loader to revert to the stock? i thought i would just copy across the files to the root folder then disconnect?

yeah your so right, the lack of over the air video is appalling, there is the mount.apk available on this forum - which mounts a nfs point, but.....i cant seem to get that to work.

hmmm, oh well - perhaps ill send it back to amazon and go for the 5IT - it was a toss up between the 2, and the bigger screen won lol just shows size isnt everything!! i would ideally want another 605 wifi, but the price for a new one of those is a bit ridic, and second hand - well, the last one i had second hand in quite good condition lasted all of 6 months!

Does the 5IT then video perform better then do you think? better scaling and general quality? and you can stream video from a network share? if the answer is yes to both of these then the 7HT is a goner lol

cheers

gster
whispers
Archos User
Archos User

Post by whispers »

Well perhaps it is possible without the loader,
but I did not want to chance it.

As far as I know yes videos will look a lot less blockier or pixilated.

You can charge via usb cable as well.

One drawback is sometimes 5IT will reqire
you pay for some hd codec.

I get around that with anydvd converter.
I rarly have to since I don't always watch hd.

Networking movies seem flawles to me.
Also gensor works.accelerometer is nice.

The only dissapointment you will have is
the smaller screen.

performane compared between 2 units is like
an athalon dual processor compared to a pentium
Last edited by whispers on Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dont fear the Reaper
gsteruk
Archos User
Archos User

Post by gsteruk »

cheers whispers, im sold, 7HT is packed up and off back to amazon tonite as "random freezes and not fit for purpose"!
whispers
Archos User
Archos User

Post by whispers »

Thats only my opinion and i still love both units regarldless of the network issue and speed.
as i said im still waiting for the Archos70 and 101 mostly for the capacitive touch and the flash 10
and i dont plan on returning the 7HT i toss it on the shelf with the ipod touch l3g lol.

i can not promise once in a while your 5IT wont reboot on its own or freeze during a playback.
it comes with the territory sometimes but rarly for me anyways.

i know with the 5it you can charge via usb and i dont feel it getting overheated either.
Charging is slower though with the usb but thats ok.it works for me

i just hope the 70 or the 101 can do the same networking with the videos as i can on the 5IT.

Oh by the way if you install ESFileExplorer on the 7HT you can view Shared folders over the network,
but for some reason it keeps telling me i cant play them :(

IF you install ESFileExplorer. look in the top right you will see it says local its a scroll down you can set it for Lan ftp or bluetooth.

Just make sure your folders are shared on your pc at least.

For some reason when i access my movie server via web i can not play any of my movies.
i wish there was a work around for all of this.
Last edited by whispers on Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dont fear the Reaper
gsteruk
Archos User
Archos User

Post by gsteruk »

ahyeah i have the file explorer installed, and as you say it wont let you play the files. I think this is because file explorer is its own media player, it will stream mp3 and mp4 files, but not avi - this is because file explorers own media player only has these capabilities. so i believe anyways. if i could stream, then i might keep it - but as i cant, then i cant justify the price tag against the 605 which is older and better. if the 5IT gives me this back, and handles videos a bit better - even at a cost of a codec, then thats the one im goin for i reckon.

cheers for your help :-)

gster
whispers
Archos User
Archos User

Post by whispers »

Smiles

you are welcome

What really sold me was when i watched on youtube )candys 7 part review on the 5IT.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjclVAHY ... re=related

before that video i thought i woud never buy it from all the bad reviews i heard lol

Remember im only a beginner just like you and im a little slow at times but i never give up .
i dont know as much as i seem to know believe me.

i am only stating from what i am experiencing myself here and if you read above you will see
there will be some flaws even in the 5IT occasionally.
Dont fear the Reaper
femuca
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by femuca »

Sorry by ignoring what I will ask, but wich is the difference between this new 0.27 version and the one (0.27 also) published in:

http://www.a7ht.co.cc/index.php?option= ... &Itemid=15

in october?

Thanks!
pettipiere
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

Post by pettipiere »

femuca wrote:Sorry by ignoring what I will ask, but wich is the difference between this new 0.27 version and the one (0.27 also) published in:

http://www.a7ht.co.cc/index.php?option= ... &Itemid=15

in october?
None at all 8) I created the a7ht site to share firmwares due to constant problems with the sharing sites.
The firmwares are exactly the same.

Cheers,

Chris
www.a7ht.co.cc for firmware
alanshum
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by alanshum »

silver84 wrote:
alanshum wrote: So, here, we speak about 0.27 Himself rom, build using the Archos last firmware...
yes, I'm just suggesting that I got my problems fixed reverting to official firmware and then try to flash again with custom firmware
for some cases I found that simply flash again with custom firmware cannot fix the problems.
it takes extra work, but I think worth it.
kaan
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by kaan »

Archos does not open and freezes the pc does not recognize the welcome screen, what should I do? How to hard reset?
onibakagaijin
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by onibakagaijin »

I had that problem and hit the reset on the back and redid the root steps and now it runs great. A little stumble with Gapps but everythings good now.

Return to “Archos 7 Home Tablet”