Ipod Touch killer
3" touchscreen, 8GB, $82 on Amazon.com
esofagus
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Archos 3 Vision - help with Mac

Post by esofagus »

Hi everyone, I hope you can help me.

My boyfriend found an Archos 3 at his work place (he works in a gym). After waiting for 6 weeks for someone to claim it, he rescued it and took it home.

The problem is, we have Macs at home and despite successfully connecting the Archos to the iMac (I bought a compatible mini USB cable), the device won't show/mount on the desktop. I've tried everything I could think of, resetting it to factory settings, looking from Disk Utilities if the Mac regognised it as a hard drive, but nothing.

I see from the Archos website that in theory the Vision should work on a Mac. Can anyone help?
viking

Re: Archos 3 Vision - help with Mac

Post by viking »

It should show up on the finder, not the desktop. Maybe your cable is subtly incompatible? I think there are weird subtypes for some of these plugs. Anyway, works fine on my mac although you have to eject long before you unplug or else data is lost.
a101g9 a70g8 an10g2 sg42 sg5 voy115
esofagus
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Re: Archos 3 Vision - help with Mac

Post by esofagus »

Hmm. It doesn't show on the Finder either. I bought the cable on Amazon and the model I have was listed among its compatible ones. Maybe I should try with a different one?

Return to “Archos 3 Vision”