The Ultimate Guide for enabling the Windows 7 advanced touch

Archos 9" tablet pc
erik
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Re: The Ultimate Guide for enabling the Windows 7 advanced t

Post by erik »

I just bought Win7 Home Premium Family Pack soo I have a license to put on the A9.
Installing OS right now, I will tell you how it goes... For now it installs slow, so I will get some beers :)
I shit on WTF Scientlogy banners!
erik
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by erik »

- Erased System partition to install clean W7 HP Upgrade with a USB-Hub for mouse etc..
- Except for Display driver, no marks in Device Manager after install. (Funny 8-bit display showing!)
- Installed latest october Intel 500 driver.
- Reboot, all fine, touch screen works in basic mode, also Archos touchpoint-mouse.
- Installed WU Broadcom Wifi driver.
- Installing 49 updates now, lol
- BTW, right after installing latest intel driver, I had the Tablet PC handwriting (with docking to the left)... cool, never saw it before.
- After restarting a "Finger gestures" wizard pops up, but I still need to install something, because touch screen is weird...

- Ah! OK! I didn't install any other driver, I just opened again the HIDeGalaxTouch assistent and performed the 4 point calibration, and things started looking GOOD!!!! Now I can handwrite...

- I will do all the other calibrations and test all... But this was way easier as expected! (Maybe my yesterday downloaded (from MS) win ISO is improved?)
erik
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by erik »

Truely amazing! I like it.

Installed gestures, etc, working good.

Now 2 questions:

1)MS Touch Pack... How do I stall this one? It says no way (no multitouch)
(I remember seeing somewhere a trick, but where?) Thanks in advance. 8)

2) What to do with the archos 'keyboard' button? Suggestions for reassigning it? (Input keyboard/handwriting now pops up automatically when needed in a textfield)

Thanks!
Vicsup
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by Vicsup »

Hello,

It appears, that I need the touch driver Win7_5.7.0.7301_091130 in order to use the HID-Digitizer. This driver seems to be delivered with the original Archos 9.
I do not have this file since I bought my Archos second hand and installed Windows 7 Professional on it. Can anyone help me with getting this driver?
Thanks in advance!
Vic
Papo
Archos User
Archos User

Post by Papo »

rittch69 wrote:Sorry to be anal but I'm probably going to be working on this tonight. If the Anytime Upgrade is successful, do we still start at Step 1 of your original post or Step 5?

Also as an aside, if the Anytime Upgrade fails as dhewitt59 found, is it possible to install from scratch with an external DVD drive or do you have to go the USB route?

If anytime upgrade is successful, then all your original drivers will still work...no need to start from step 1, unless you want to update to the latest drivers.

If anytime upgrade is not successful, then you can use the DVD drive to install Windows. You'll have to install most drivers manually though. My suggestion is to download all the latest drivers and save them to disc or on a separate partition on the hard drive before starting the Windows installation. By the way, you can skip entering your product key during installation as you'll get 30 days to activate Windows.
abastien
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by abastien »

Wow this is so much better. I non have a real tablet.
I used my last windows Home Premium Family Upgrade license. Activation in 1 day. will let you know what happens.

touch screen is so much more responsive now.

[EDIT]
Activation occurred today successfully. So you can use a Family pack upgrade license for the Windows Anytime Upgrade license.

Return to “Archos 9”