Release Date

Archos 9" tablet pc
kramer28
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Release Date

Post by kramer28 »

So is it safe to say, you think, that the 9 and Android will be release simultaneously, sometime this fall (Sept/Oct.) as with past Archos' products?

Funny how a company can announce a future product but leave potential customers guessing on it's release.
The_Blood_Raven
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Re: Release Date

Post by The_Blood_Raven »

October at the earliest, I suppose considering the Windows 7 release date.
Archos5Fan
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by Archos5Fan »

I say release it early, no operating system, let the user install Windows RC1 (free) and have at it!

Does this thing run Linux? If so, there should be no reason not to sell it now.
HellFury
Archos User
Archos User

Post by HellFury »

Keep in mind that this is a PROTOTYPE! I COULD take up to 2 years before they release it...
kramer28
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by kramer28 »

Archos5Fan wrote:I say release it early, no operating system, let the user install Windows RC1 (free) and have at it!

Does this thing run Linux? If so, there should be no reason not to sell it now.
I second that. At least we will have someone else to blame besides Archos if the OS is buggy...lol
Archos5Fan
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by Archos5Fan »

Maybe so, but Archos needs cash, the 9 takes up the largest space on their website and you can't even buy it yet. It would be a huge waste to display a product so prominently if its release wasn't eminent. I think we'll see it sooner rather that later.
jl97delsol

Post by jl97delsol »

They would if they are looking for more investors. Good luck with that Archos. They look at the consumers too. HA!!!
bkos
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by bkos »

Archos5Fan wrote:Does this thing run Linux? If so, there should be no reason not to sell it now.
Since this is an IBM-compatible computer better known as a pc you can install linux on it. But I guess there will be no drivers for the hardware. If so TV, 3G will not be usable...
jl97delsol

Post by jl97delsol »

Heck if you live in the US the TV won't work anyways.
Archos5Fan
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by Archos5Fan »

I don't understand why Archos is ignoring/overlooking ATSC and supplies DVB-only. If we have a USB port it may be that we can install a USB stick but the 9 probably won't have the computing power.

If Archos wants to impress the USA with its unparalleled awesomeness, put an ATSC tuner into it.
Hysnuche
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by Hysnuche »

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2349290,00.asp

Microsoft has finally announced when it will begin to allow pre-orders of Windows 7 and when it will allow companies to include a free upgrade to Windows 7 with new vista computers. Could this be the starting gun Archos was waiting for so that they could release the Archos 9 with Vista or if they can make a deal with Microsoft, Win 7 RC1?
kramer28
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by kramer28 »

Hysnuche wrote:http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2349290,00.asp

Microsoft has finally announced when it will begin to allow pre-orders of Windows 7 and when it will allow companies to include a free upgrade to Windows 7 with new vista computers. Could this be the starting gun Archos was waiting for so that they could release the Archos 9 with Vista or if they can make a deal with Microsoft, Win 7 RC1?
I sure hope so. Heck if they have to release the 9 with XP now and allow us the upgrade to 7 when it is released I'd be content with that so as long as XP and the Archos 9 play nice with one another.

Return to “Archos 9”