When is the Archos 9 supposed to be available?

Archos 9" tablet pc
Archos5Fan
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

When is the Archos 9 supposed to be available?

Post by Archos5Fan »

Has a date been determined? Or is it the general "Q3" In a couple of weeks we'll be in Q3. So a month maybe?
Archos5Fan
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Re: When is the Archos 9 supposed to be available?

Post by Archos5Fan »

I guess Windows 7 would delay things a bit. But hey, RC1 is available (free). Just sell the 9 without an OS and let the users get Windows 7 later!
Charbax
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Charbax »

I think that they want to release it in September already. I don't know if Microsoft will allow for products to be released with Windows 7 commercially before the official October 22nd release date. Yup I think that shipping in September with some type of RC1 and having it auto-update over the Internet to final Windows 7 release using Windows Update makes sense. Same thing for the Archos 13 and Archos 10S, perhaps Archos will be allowed by Microsoft to ship those with Windows 7 RC1 before October.
HellFury
Archos User
Archos User

Post by HellFury »

Allowing Archos 9 to sell the Archos 9 before the official release of windows 7, and thus, without windows 7 would just be a wild card for Archos to f*uck things up AGAIN.

So far, every Archos product (not the chinese copies A2, A10) hadn't had it's full list of specs fully working on the day of release. Now, with said scenario (the releasing A9 without W7) would just be asking Archos to deliver an incomplete product, and by the time W7 releases, incomplete / non functioning / no drivers... Till after a few months of course.

No, release WITH W7 (preferrably and best) on W7 release date would be the best way to go (with A9 completely working bugless)
Hysnuche
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by Hysnuche »

But with the Win 7 RC1 key lasting until next summer, couldn't Archos simply come out with the version they have working and not update Windows 7 until November or December with a fully working and tested customized Windows 7. If Archos is going to wait until October, why not wait to use intel's new Pineview chips.
The_Blood_Raven
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by The_Blood_Raven »

The specs are far from final I'm sure so it may.
HellFury
Archos User
Archos User

Post by HellFury »

Plus I've heard that the official GMA500 (GPU) drivers are still very buggy with W7's Aero interface. That's probably the reason they ran it without transparency in the press event.
The_Blood_Raven
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by The_Blood_Raven »

HellFury wrote:Plus I've heard that the official GMA500 (GPU) drivers are still very buggy with W7's Aero interface. That's probably the reason they ran it without transparency in the press event.
The drivers for the GMA 500 crash the DWM.exe process at the moment so you are absolutely correct.
arunchowdhary
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by arunchowdhary »

:?: I do not know if Archos 9 would have Multi-Touch features built in or not. As per Windows 7, OS does support that. Has anybody idea about it?
A5/iPhone3g
Charbax
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Charbax »

It'll have multi-touch.
Archos5Fan
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by Archos5Fan »

Maybe I missed it but are there USB ports?
HellFury
Archos User
Archos User

Post by HellFury »

There's one on the left side. You can simply plug in a USB-HUB, but you'll need an external power supply to power the HUB. With the connector on the bottom it'll be easy to connect a dock with extra USB-ports.

Return to “Archos 9”