Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Re: Archos Website is Down...

Post by swec »

Chengbin wrote:
ecsw wrote:
SvenC wrote:... but no new other media player like the Archos 5... :doubt:
Archos 5 is hard to beat. :)
While that may be true, there is still a hell of a lot the 5 can improve on, especially with that kind of hardware platform.
that I agree. :)
605x2,TV+,5x2
rokero
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by rokero »

8.9 inch screen, looks HUGE in the pics in the link. I'd have absolutely no use for it.
http://www.engadget.com/2009/06/11/arch ... -7-tablet/
May 21, 2011
SvenC
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by SvenC »

Archos 5 is hard to beat. :)

While that may be true, there is still a hell of a lot the 5 can improve on, especially with that kind of hardware platform.

that I agree. :)
... with Android support? ;)

well, thanks for the pictures of the latest "mobile" device :p :D

about the price and availability
We're also hearing September / October availability, in line with Windows 7, and a Ôé¼450 ($633) pricetag.
Remember, the price of the Archos 5 or 7... otherwise, there are Netbooks with a lower price..

But it seems, this device can be use as music server for example (in combination with an external HDD). :D
lawrence.cook
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by lawrence.cook »

the versatility of something with windows on it, instead of some rubbish locked down crap that doesnt work. (well windows doesnt normally work much better :badgrin: ) means you could do soooo much more, install anything you want, no more messing about beggin archos to update flash next firmware, cause we can do it.
I might just sell my A5 and get the A9 when its out, its much more what I wanted to start with!
bear807
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by bear807 »

i was quite disappointed because nothing on android :? but that also means the archos 5 have longer product span now :lol: im looking forward with archos 5 running android or even xp that would be damn cool
SvenC
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by SvenC »

Archos Android to be shown and released in September
http://archosfans.com/2009/06/11/archos ... september/
HellFury
Archos User
Archos User

Post by HellFury »

I've seen the complete presentation and the new products are spoken off, but they'll be presented in the 15th of september (just when I'm on vacation :@) and they say it's the IMT-market (archos5 / 7 ) get an upgrade (upgraded version?) for GSM network. They're talking about an Archos4 vision, which will be the new android based (they said Android, being linux, will run next to the archos GUI) IMT. If that's true, I'm really getting a tough time deciding whether or not to get an iPhone (the userbase is just so big!) or the archos4...
Archos5Fan
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by Archos5Fan »

I'm getting kind of excited about the the 9. There's a lot of big "ifs" to be answered but I'm hoping.
Charbax
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Charbax »

HellFury wrote:They're talking about an Archos4 vision, which will be the new android based (they said Android, being linux, will run next to the archos GUI) IMT. If that's true,
That's not true. The Archos 4 vision is a cheap $100 PMP, probably flash memory based, that Archos releases in partnership with the Chinese PMP manufacturer. Archos has not released the name of the Android series of products yet.
The_Blood_Raven
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by The_Blood_Raven »

^ correct.
HellFury
Archos User
Archos User

Post by HellFury »

Where did you get this information? I believe you 100% but I got a different vibe from the presentation. In my imagination the $100,- PMP is the archos3, no?

If your information is right, it is certainly a good choice, since a different naming for mobile phones wouldbe smart (at least ditch the vision part)
Charbax
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Charbax »

I am totally sure. The info is in the keynote and from plain logical thinking on my part. The vision part is for a new range of cheap PMPs, not Internet connected, probably that don't record but which only playback music and videos and which are all priced around $100 thus really good value if all you are looking for is just a portable media player. Probably only comes with a mini-jack to composite video output cable, no svideo, component or hdmi tv output on this one. 8GB or 16GB with SDHC card slot would make sense. With 1.8" hard drive 120GB Archos 4 vision at +$50 and a 2.5" hard drive 500GB version for more like +$100 especially in the Archos 7 vision device. Probably no hard drive version in the vision series though, to keep the prices to the minimum.
HellFury
Archos User
Archos User

Post by HellFury »

Sounds as a good product specs/price wise, but they're planning on making this 7" also? Do you have any names of upcoming Android based phones?
Charbax
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Charbax »

Archos has not announced the names. I suggest they call it something like this:

Archos 5 ARM
Archos 5 Android
or just
Archos 5A

As I posted my suggestions for products and names in http://forum.archosfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=23496

This way Archos can do Android for the whole range of screen sizes and form factors.

Sure the "Archos 9 pctablet" is good for Win7 based device at only $450 is a good price for such an Intel and Microsoft based product.

Though I speculate since April and before that Archos could do a "Archos 9AT" tablet as well and sell it for only $300.

Same with the "Archos 10S minipc" is a good value for such thin netbook based on Intel Microsoft at $399 for the 6-cells version.

I think Archos could do a "Archos 10A" for $250 thus running Android on a 10" laptop with 8-10 hours battery life or more on a regular 3 cell battery.

Return to “Archos 9”