ARCHOS 2 OFFICIALLY ANNOUNCED

Worlds cheapest 1.8" color 8GB MicroSD Mp3 player: $48 on Amazon.com
nmp5946
Archos User
Archos User

ARCHOS 2 OFFICIALLY ANNOUNCED

Post by nmp5946 »

Further to several posts about the ARCHOS 2 being advertised on Amazon etc, http://www.archos.com now features this new MP3 player
http://www.archos.com/products/mp3_players/archos_2/index.html?country=gb&lang=en

8GB or 16GB, Micro SD/Micro SDHC slot, voice recorder
Last edited by nmp5946 on Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Archos5Fan
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Re: ARCHOS 2 OFFICIALLY ANNOUNCED

Post by Archos5Fan »

"Coming soon" to the USA. MP3 and WMA is kinda limited. The main page shows three colors while the store page shows only two colors available. Maybe other markets get the purple one. Built in FM radio is nice for a change.
nmp5946
Archos User
Archos User

Post by nmp5946 »

Archos5Fan wrote:Built in FM radio is nice for a change.

Yes I understood that it would have an FM radio, but can't see it in the official specs now??
CBers
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by CBers »

Let's hope that there is an easier way of getting video onto it than there was for the 105 !!
nmp5946
Archos User
Archos User

Post by nmp5946 »

I didn't think that syncing through Media Player was much of an issue personally, but the specs say this one comes with video conversion software....
CBers
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by CBers »

nmp5946 wrote:I didn't think that syncing through Media Player was much of an issue personally, but the specs say this one comes with video conversion software....

Not synching, converting.

I could never get WMP to convert video to the 105.

Looks like the A2 will play AVI containers, so that's a help, but on a 1.8" screen, very bad for the eyesight !!
Archos-Atarian
Archos User
Archos User

Post by Archos-Atarian »

Archos5Fan wrote:"Coming soon" to the USA. MP3 and WMA is kinda limited. The main page shows three colors while the store page shows only two colors available. Maybe other markets get the purple one. Built in FM radio is nice for a change.

OK so it has FM radio built in, but, why not AM radio? Isn't the technology for AM radio much older, therefore, easier to make work on a smaller scale? There are a much wider variety of programming and music on AM radio than on FM, which is mostly music. Also, AM radio can sound as good or better than many MP3 files. So, why no AM radio ??

Secondly, I don't think I should have to ask this question, but, can this thing record audio directly from the radio signal into an MP3? Any device I have ever bought that has capability of recording, has been able to record directly from the FM radio. And the Archos 2 can record audio. Maybe a mini-jack cord going from the Microphone input into the recording input? But it would be simpler if this was built-in.

Other than this, is anyone else scared about ordering an Archos 2 in regards to so many strange and unique problems suffered by others with their previous products? I have ordered one in good faith that it will be an improvement and worth the money.
Archos5Fan
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by Archos5Fan »

If you've noticed, virtually no player of this sort has built-in AM radio 1) space is needed for a loopstick antenna. 2) I suspect that the internal electronics (these are like little computers) generate so much electronic trash that AM reception would be severely crippled. I think CCrane in the USA offers an AM-equipped player but they do indicate that there may be limitations on reception.
nmp5946
Archos User
Archos User

Post by nmp5946 »

Still can't see where it says in the specs it has the FM radio???
Like I said earlier, my info prior to release said that it would have an FM radio, but no sign of it now???

Return to “Archos 2”