somebody anybody please help!!!! can't install fw stuck

Archos Android Tablet available now 8GB ($189), 16GB ($229), 32GB ($258), 160GB ($310), 500GB ($349)
gmikes44
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

somebody anybody please help!!!! can't install fw stuck

Post by gmikes44 »

Hi there,
I recently purchased my Archos 5 160 gb internet tablet from a friend. He somehow reset the device and erased everything. Ive searched for the past week online for solutions and tried every available solution but haven't had any luck. the links I think I need have either expired or have been compromised. I downloaded the fw from archos web sight tried every option in the boot menu to upgrade. when I turn the device on it gets stuck on the special edition boot in progress screen. when I update fw through usb it disconnects from my laptop (win7) but doesnt restart I try it again and file is no longer on the device.
Ive tried the terminal prompt in linux no luck however when I connected it with linux I could see the folders but they were all empty except for the system folder which had on file call dirty?? something.. I want to run android on this device thats what was on it originally. can someone please help me figure this out. what can I do?

Return to “Archos 5 Internet Tablet with Android”