My Player is no longer showing up on computer when mounted ?

Archos Android Tablet available now 8GB ($189), 16GB ($229), 32GB ($258), 160GB ($310), 500GB ($349)
orrinoconnor
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

My Player is no longer showing up on computer when mounted ?

Post by orrinoconnor »

I use Windows 7 and Mediamonkey Gold it was working fine until recently.
I am not aware of having made any changes to my computer but I haven't used archos in a few weeks.
Today when I mounted my player it no-longer shows up on the computer.
I get a windows du dut bleep of recognition (from computer) when archos boots, and then an option to mount devise.
When I select mount I get another windows du dut bleep (from computer),, but the devise is not showing up on the computer.
Not sure what the problem is or what to do?
I've restarted the computer and reinstalled mediamonkey, but it didn't rectify the problem!
I really need help! :(

Thanks, Ray
Bezerker85
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Re: My Player is no longer showing up on computer when mount

Post by Bezerker85 »

Have you tried switching ports to connect? For whatever reason when I try to use the usb port on the side it tells me the device cannot be recognized (on both my comp & laptop), but when I use the plug on the bottom of the device (got a cable for a few bucks on amazon) it works fine.
kisdubos
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by kisdubos »

have you tried rebooting the archos or switching it off and on? it usually helps for me.

orrinoconnor wrote:I use Windows 7 and Mediamonkey Gold it was working fine until recently.
I am not aware of having made any changes to my computer but I haven't used archos in a few weeks.
Today when I mounted my player it no-longer shows up on the computer.
I get a windows du dut bleep of recognition (from computer) when archos boots, and then an option to mount devise.
When I select mount I get another windows du dut bleep (from computer),, but the devise is not showing up on the computer.
Not sure what the problem is or what to do?
I've restarted the computer and reinstalled mediamonkey, but it didn't rectify the problem!
I really need help! :(

Thanks, Ray
secretsubscriber
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by secretsubscriber »

You can check if you've somehow log the drive letter associated with the Archos.
Click on the Windows Icon/Start and Search box type "Disk Management" (no quotes).
Click on Create and Format Hard Disk Partitions.

The Disk Management Window should open. Depending on how many drives you have connected it might take a little while to load. See if you Archos' disk shows up on the list without a drive letter associate to it. Look for it by size, you might even see Archos5 listed.

If you right click on the partition, you can add drive letters.

Return to “Archos 5 Internet Tablet with Android”