mainboard broken!

Archos Android Tablet available now 8GB ($189), 16GB ($229), 32GB ($258), 160GB ($310), 500GB ($349)
m-t-b
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

mainboard broken!

Post by m-t-b »

Hey everyone,

Does someone have a spare archos 5 it (harddrive version). Or does anyone know if I could buy a new mainboard for my archos. I love the device and I want to use it again.

If nobody knows it, i'll put mine on sale for some hardware if anyone wants it ;)

Please help me out with it.
jamie41
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Re: mainboard broken!

Post by jamie41 »

Where are you?

When you say "spare", do you mean fully working, or do you want to gat spares from it?
m-t-b
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by m-t-b »

I'm living in The Netherlands, with spare i mean the full mainboard, i don't like to solder the tiny bits... and i even don't know which part is broken...

And yes the mainboard does have to work, otherwise it will be useless for me.
Cary L. Brown
Archos User
Archos User

Post by Cary L. Brown »

You can still find a few of these out there... mainly on Ebay, but some retailers still have some in stock. I'd buy a new device, personally... and then "part out" my old device. There's a lot of demand, especially around here, for the bits and pieces of these devices. Or you may keep the old device for a spare-parts supply for yourself.

I'm sure that you'll never find a replacement PCBA by itself at this point, unless it's from someone else "parting out" another failed device. If someone smashed their screen, for example, the mainboard will likely still be in good shape. But the mainboard and storage drive would need to be kept together unless you've installed an "unlocked" OS, I believe.
m-t-b
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by m-t-b »

Yes that was exactly what I was hoping for, not that someone broke his device. But when, that he wants to sell the mainboard.
Surely I can forget it, i'm flying to Ecuador Monday-morning, don't think I will have a spare one by then.

Return to “Archos 5 Internet Tablet with Android”