Archos 48 (Archos 5) battery discharging when powered off?

Archos Android Tablet available now 8GB ($189), 16GB ($229), 32GB ($258), 160GB ($310), 500GB ($349)
unidentified
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Archos 48 (Archos 5) battery discharging when powered off?

Post by unidentified »

With the Archos 48 (rebadged Archos 5 without the GPS), is it normal for the battery to discharge substantially when the device is completely powered off?

By substantially I mean, I have completely charged the Archos until the light is flashing, then when it has been removed from charge, I have shut it down/powered it off completely. Having not then touched or used it at all for a full 24 hours, I turned it back on and the battery is reading a charge of 65%. So it has lost 35% of charge by doing nothing?

I have read various opinions on this, but all from older posts and without conclusion - so I can't tell if this is normal or if I have a faulty battery or faulty unit and may need to RMA?

Anyone?
Zfoster8
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Re: Archos 48 (Archos 5) battery discharging when powered of

Post by Zfoster8 »

I just received my archos 48 yesterday and immediately set it to charge... it has since been over 24 hours, and the battery status is still under 85% and when i unplug it it says "battery status: discharging" and the percentage will drop immediately, usually about 15% in the first ten seconds and then slows down a bit, but still continues to drop until i plug it in again.
Zach Foster
Archos 48 2.0.45
Agj_h
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Re: Archos 48 (Archos 5) battery discharging when powered of

Post by Agj_h »

Reply to you both - you will find with experience that the flashing led that indicates full charge is not accurate. What I mean is that if you take it off charge as soon as it is flashing, you wil find that it quickly drops because it only indicates the full charge because it is plugged in ( calibration issue).

Instead, try leaving on charge for a further 30 mins or so after it starts flashing and it will continue to trickle charge until it really is 100%
Andrew
500gb a5a
G9 80 16gb 4.0.28

Return to “Archos 5 Internet Tablet with Android”