This a new ROM for the A5it I've cooked for the A5it. At loooong last. ***NEW VERSION -RC2***
It's not an OpenAOS official release; but there is SO MUCH improvemement over the last FroYo 2.2.1 "Alpha5" I think it would be an understatement to call it simply "Alpha5+"; and I dont call the shots for them anyway.
But lets be clear; it wouldnt have been possible without their support and patience.
..As far as I know, they are still accepting donations.
The "wmod" thing is more kindova joke
All thanks to dm8tbr, BuBU, Illiphant, av500, furies, sephhi, and OpenAOS!
changelog over the -RC1;
- Added full root access (make sure you've enabled 'unknown applications' in Settings or it wont work)
- GPS fixed
- Updated various system apps
- Added SpareParts+ , fixes compatibility mode for legacy apps
- New Protips widget
changelog over the last Alpha5;
- MP3 support
- GPS support
- Adobe Flash 10.2 support improved;
- Accelerometer Calibrated; works perfectly laying "flat" on a table (mazes games) and still kinda fairly for Racing Games; Planes games are still not so great.
- Black Status bar and Notifications Panel; Honeycomb style softbuttons
- 1gb space for applications
- In-App downloads support (an app requiring data download "to SD" now works)
- Blur effect on shutdown sequence removed; too buggy
- Physical SD card support removed; (it was buggy for HDD units anyway)
[*]If you get an "Errror 25 while installing the market via Arctools, "disable the SD card" in Settings.
[*]In Spare Parts+, uncheck "Compatibility mode" then Reboot
Here's the ROM; right above the pictures. (linking is a lil favor I'm doing for a friend )-- PLEASE DO NOT RELINK THE MEGAUPLOAD SOURCE DIRECTLY -- I'd like to know of many users downloads it.
- Boot your Multi-Booted Archos under Donut; connect it to your PC in MSC mode;
- Transfer the wmod-rc2.img at root of your Archos, then edit the menu.lst:
- On the Froyo line, change your old image name ex.:"openaos-froyo-alpha5a_20110119.img" for "wmod-rc2.img" (or rename the .img so it matches whatever is in your menu.lst)
- Save the file.
- Unmount safely