Archos 2.0.38 & 2.0.45 fw with system r/w & apps2sd

Archos Android Tablet available now 8GB ($189), 16GB ($229), 32GB ($258), 160GB ($310), 500GB ($349)
sephhi
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

Re: Archos 2.0.38 fw with system r/w & apps2sd

Post by sephhi »

sephhi
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

Post by sephhi »

One issue...usb debugging seems to be on by default. This causes problems such as extremely slow charging and other problems when connecting to usb. Anycut can be dl'ed from the market and with it, a shortcut to the development menu can be created, in order to turn usb debugging off.
srawat_itpro
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

Post by srawat_itpro »

I'm going through this conversation and all confused. The steps appear complicated and the information fragmented (to me). Can someone please write it in the manner they do on XDA forums... target device, do's and don'ts, step by step and feature set working not working etc?

Rgds
Sandy
A5A 32 GB (GMH)
sephhi
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

Post by sephhi »

srawat_itpro wrote:Can someone please write it in the manner they do on XDA forums
Rgds
Sandy
I will update my thread with an easy walk-through tomorrow.
microbe
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by microbe »

apps2sd works great! I have around 70 apps installed, and 100 MB free internal memory!

it almost eliminates my need for a froyo build :)
coppolla
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by coppolla »

any one know how to get app2sd in archos 5 it 32 gb withut sdcard?,
srawat_itpro
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

Post by srawat_itpro »

sephhi wrote:
srawat_itpro wrote:Can someone please write it in the manner they do on XDA forums
Rgds
Sandy
I will update my thread with an easy walk-through tomorrow.
Hi Sepphi,

Did you get some time to do this? How is your experience with the fw so far?

Rgds
Sandy
A5A 32 GB (GMH)
MadMax_7
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by MadMax_7 »

Hi,

it is my first message. The reason: I had to react about this thread, so I registered and provide my light contribution.

I was also frustrated with my Archos stucked on a fossil firmware/ROM. This thread was THE opportunity to try a new way. Archos 5IT 8Go with 8Go Sdcard (1st primary FAT32 + 2nd primary Ext3). I have followed the main steps:
- no Sdcard in it
- formatting my current 2.0.38 through Archos firmware
- formatting the disk through Recover Boot
- updating firmware with 2.0.38 through Recover Boot
- booting in the new system and avoiding any wifi connection (the time before Market and Google apps were back and not able to work. Apps2SD in cause I think). But I fullfill the other parameters like time, language (French), etc.
- SDE intallation
- dual boot setup
- putting SDcard
- flashing 2.0.38 fw with system r/w & Apps2SD
- installing locally Terminal Emulator (at this way I did'nt open any connection as an another time before it became a loop of reboot)
- applying Apps2SD tweaks
- installing overclock (setCPU) to 800 Mhz

Thanks! The first time I started directly with my system (with rootnow) installing the dual boot --> apps were looping and I finished in a boot loop. The second time I cleared the installed apps and personal data through the settings --> idem. The third time was the solution.

Now, I have an Archos stable and operational:
- root OK. It was my main objective. But Busybox installer for 1.8.xx failed
- adb working
- bluetooth working for tethering and headphone
- Market and Google working using Market4Archos
- cannot make Terminal Emulator Pro working (I think Apps2SD in cause)
- Archos faster
- I like the interface but I will test intalling ADWLauncher EX
- NDrive working and finding the connection at the first time faster
- Android still 1.6 and recognized as by the Market. I assume we were in Froyo version. What I have missed?

I am really satisfied and I had to say "Thank you".

Best Regards,
MJM
naz2x
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by naz2x »

Test on my a5it hd 160 model and works perfect and superuser working with root explorer.
Does those tweak work for hd model ???
3DS supercard 2.
A5it 3d f/w.
LeeC
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by LeeC »

Thanks a lot. but no matter what I tried, market download always unsuccessful :(
naz2x
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by naz2x »

Adhoc wifi scanning can you take a look into that ?

http://wiki.archosfans.com/index.php?ti ... onnections

you done great job, so far.
3DS supercard 2.
A5it 3d f/w.
jamie41
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by jamie41 »

The secret of connecting your A5IT to an AdHoc Wifi connection involves rooting your Archos, using the method described in the rooting thread(s) by devo and Shotokan. This enables you to edit the wpa_supplicant.conf file to add your own AdHoc networks info. The KEY step then is to DELETE, not edit, the tiwlan.ini file. Unfortunately the tiwlan.ini file is recreated from scratch every time you reboot your device, so you must delete it each time you reboot.

I've been using this AdHoc Wifi setup for a couple of weeks now on my A5ITs and also my A101.

If anybody is interested I'll post the contents of my wpa_supplicant.ini file as an example.

I should just say a couple of things.

1 - I use JoikuSpot on my Nokia N97 to create the AdHoc connection.

2 - I set up the connection on the phone without security. But since I only use it occasionally, this doesn't bother me. If anyone can take my basic setup and find out the correct syntax to add WEP security (my phone only offers WEP) to the JoikuSpot entry, they're welcome to try.
naz2x
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by naz2x »

Adhoc,working with Spica phone.
One stupid file that's stop adhoc scanning.

What next multi touch.
3DS supercard 2.
A5it 3d f/w.
sugi123
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by sugi123 »

Thank you so much for this! However, upon successfully installing this, I cannot access the archos media center. I also cannot mount my archos through USB. Please advise. thx!
jamie41
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by jamie41 »

sugi123 wrote:Thank you so much for this! However, upon successfully installing this, I cannot access the archos media center. I also cannot mount my archos through USB. Please advise. thx!
Erm ...

After "successfully installing" what? Whose post are you replying to?

In case it was my post you were referring to, and you rooted your device, then yes, you would then lose the AMC. However, there is an alternative way of accessing the component apps within the AMC.

Go to Appslib and download either (from Carl Clement) "OneClick Archos Megawidget" or "OneClick Archos Widget". Do a search on "oneclick" in appslib to list both, and read about the differencs between them. They will allow you to put the individual items within the AMC onto the desktop.

After you've done that, if you want. I'll point you to another thread where you can download some nicer icons for the OneClick widgets.
sugi123
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by sugi123 »

Yes, I was referring to your thread, the modified 2.0.38 fw. I downloaded the oneclick widget. However, when I click for example "Video Internal", it still tells me that the media library cannot be accessed, please try again later. The Arclib was not updating, so that can't be the issue. However, I did notice after I installed this fw that Arclib icon does not even show up. Could this be related to my SD card and that I still have to properly setup the partitions and a2SD? thx
jamie41
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by jamie41 »

Ah yes. I owe you an apology. My original post related to AdHoc Wifi connection. I forgot that the original point of this thread was to install a pafticular FW, not to root your device. I've no idea about the limitations of this FW. Sorry.
li8w8
Archos User
Archos User

Post by li8w8 »

anyone has the fmtrnasmitter not working with carpowercable (original) problem?
mpmilestogo
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by mpmilestogo »

Can this custom firmware be updated to the latest 2.0.45 release that Archos just made without losing the nice pieces of things in this? Or can the OP rebuild the 2.0.38 with the patches and fixes found in 2.0.45? The number of files have increased! Yay!
drellisdee
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by drellisdee »

I'm testing a rooted apps2sd 2.0.45 currently. So far all seems well. Ill run it for a few days before I upload to make sure its good to go.

Return to “Archos 5 Internet Tablet with Android”