Archos Assembly Tutorial

Archos Android Tablet available now 8GB ($189), 16GB ($229), 32GB ($258), 160GB ($310), 500GB ($349)
duoex
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Archos Assembly Tutorial

Post by duoex »

Hello Everyone, i have a small problem. I bought my Archos 5 Android about 2 months ago and the screen broke by accident. I sent it to archos only to find out that i need to pay $282.50 in order to get it fixed. So, i bought a used one on eBay. Now, does anyone know how the archos assembly works so i can replace the broken screen in my first Archos? A youtube video or video tutorial would be nice please. Let me know what you think i should do.
gschier
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Re: Archos Assembly Tutorial

Post by gschier »

Why don't you just use the one you just bought off ebay?
32GB A5A Owner
Farsquidge
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by Farsquidge »

Because all units bought from new are still under warranty at this time, I doubt if many (any!) people have dismantled their units fully and created a video for it. Most have just returned them for repair.
Someone on here may be able to give you a verbal set of instructions for screen changing if they have done it before.

Hope you have luck.
605Wi, A5IMT, A5IT, A7o 8GB:2.4.82
duoex
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by duoex »

gschier wrote:Why don't you just use the one you just bought off ebay?
I have some apps that I don't remember on the old one. Plus, the used one from eBay has like a millions scratches on it.
Farsquidge wrote:Because all units bought from new are still under warranty at this time, I doubt if many (any!) people have dismantled their units fully and created a video for it. Most have just returned them for repair.
Someone on here may be able to give you a verbal set of instructions for screen changing if they have done it before.

Hope you have luck.
Thanks for the information. The reason was because i wanted to get the screen on the old one and sell the second one with the broken screen. I'll post a topic regarding information on replacing the screen.

Return to “Archos 5 Internet Tablet with Android”